Who would you compare Travis Minor with ...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Travis Minor with ......

I think Curtis Martin is the best comparison. He doesn't run like Dunn at all. If they hadn't both gone to FSU that comparison would probably never be made. I expected him to be like Dunn (whom I like). At FSU he seemed shiftier (although not as quick as Dunn). However, as a Dolphin, his style changed. He's been more disciplined. One cut and up the field. I think if he had gone to Denver, he could have been another of their 1200-1300 yd backs. I don't think he's as good a runner as Portis (whom I think is both quicker and faster), but I think he's a starting caliber rb.

All these Dunn comparisions have been wrongly attached to him because the went to the same school. He is a good 25-30 lbs heavier then Dunn. As far as size he is the same size as Portis. I think he may be able to have a good year. Everybody assumes he can't handle the load but have never given him the chance. If Portis can handle it why can't he? I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to, now as far as having the skills that portis has, we'll just have to see. I think we have the luxury of trying him out this year and if he doesn't work we have Edge waiting in the wings.

This is the first I've really given thought to comparing him to other backs.

Clinton Portis - 5'11, 205 4.42 40 yard dash
Travis Minor - 5'10, 205 4.47 40 yard dash
Curtis Martin - 5'10, 205
Warrick Dunn - 5'9, 180
Michael Bennett - 5'9, 211 4.36 40 yard dash

I think Minor compares most favorably with Portis. That doesn't mean that he'll produce like Portis. Portis might not have a good year for Washington, we'll have to wait and see. Now that I see Minors name next to these backs of similar size, I have to believe that he has a very good shot at having a good year for us.

Production and style he would compare to Tiki Barber without the fumbling problems.

I believe Im going to have to dissagree with all of you. I can see where your coming from with the Warrick Dunn thing, but I dont see the Clinton Portis. Portis is deffinetally bigger and has been known on occation to run through some people with success.

I have been watching the dolphins for many years now, and I see more of a Tiki Barber in him (without the fumbling problem).

Barber is built jsut like him. Small and fast. Both Barber and Minor seem to want to run around people rather than run through them like RW.

RW's first season he seemed to run around people much more tahn last season. I watched, and yelled constantly at him to stop taking what you have now and lowering your sholders and diving.

I saw that way to many times. I enjoyed the old Ricky who would rather fake the guy out and get aroudn him instead of giving up when he comes to one guy and diving for an extra yard.

This is my observation of why he was not as productive last season, adn why Minor will be a good back this year.

I believe it was in teh Eagles game last year where Minor scored from teh goal line but it took him about 5 seconds to get in. he got the handoff, or pitch i cant remember adn basically followed his block, i believe Konrad, all the way to the sideline and waited patiently for a hole to open up and eventually highstepped over teh fallen bodies of teh opponent, adn in

U know what Anthony. While I was typing my response and talking on and on way too much, you just had to take ur insight and post before me didnt u :fire:

Spector said:
I believe Im going to have to dissagree with all of you. I can see where your coming from with the Warrick Dunn thing, but I dont see the Clinton Portis. Portis is deffinetally bigger and has been known on occation to run through some people with success.

I have been watching the dolphins for many years now, and I see more of a Tiki Barber in him (without the fumbling problem).

Barber is built jsut like him. Small and fast. Both Barber and Minor seem to want to run around people rather than run through them like RW.

RW's first season he seemed to run around people much more tahn last season. I watched, and yelled constantly at him to stop taking what you have now and lowering your sholders and diving.

I saw that way to many times. I enjoyed the old Ricky who would rather fake the guy out and get aroudn him instead of giving up when he comes to one guy and diving for an extra yard.

This is my observation of why he was not as productive last season, adn why Minor will be a good back this year.

I believe it was in teh Eagles game last year where Minor scored from teh goal line but it took him about 5 seconds to get in. he got the handoff, or pitch i cant remember adn basically followed his block, i believe Konrad, all the way to the sideline and waited patiently for a hole to open up and eventually highstepped over teh fallen bodies of teh opponent, adn in

Portis bigger?Runs people over?

Maby the bigger part no, but I have seen him as I believe I said, I dont remember and am to lazy to open a window and look, I said I have occasionally seen him run someone over, I dont believe I have ever seen Travis run someone over.

I admit I was wrong about the bigger part tho. But I have seen him run pepole over.

Marshall faulk. Main difference to me being he cant split out wide and play reciever like faulk although he will be huge catching balls out of the backfield and getting in the open field. That is the key with guys like faulk minor dunn you have to get them the ball in space.

how is portis bigger?

I am not going to repost another post, but if one guy is 5 10 and the other is 5 11, and both 205, then the smaller guy has more musle mass, or a thicker frame, and the taller guy has to give up something, at best they are the same, at worst the smaller guy is going to be "bigger".

Minor is "bigger" slightly slower then portis. Portis is taller and faster.

other than the facts, this whole portis is a bigger stronger is just full of beans.

portis or dunn...........hmmm

I compare him with FSU's greatest RB ever Warrick Dunn. I think he plays a little bigger than Dunn though which is good.

Back
Top Bottom