Who would YOU draft?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would YOU draft??

I'd take Ronnie because he can be an everydown back.

But I believe Bush will be a great player in the NFL too, just in a different way. Think rich man's Brian Westbrook. That's a compliment BTW, because Westbrook is GREAT player. Just not a full-time back. Bush will be best off getting 10-12 carries per game, plus another 5-6 catches. Obviuosly he can return kicks as well. He'll be fun to watch in the NFL.

unifiedtheory said:
On topic: I was NEVER a Benson guy...I always wanted Ronnie. Look at Benson now...the guy is already a knightmare and he has'nt even gotten paid yet...what do you think he'll be like when he has 20 million in the bank.

I'd take Ronnie over Bush everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Ronnie is the best all-around back. Bush is an exciting player but, he reminds me a little too much of a faster Eric Metcalf...I think his size will be an extreme liability in the NFL.

A few comments on what I saw in this thread:

Vince Young? It is only my opinion but he will never be a winning NFL Q.B. The guy is way too one dimensional.

Adrian Peterson is a nice runner but he runs too upright for my liking. I think the guy will get the crap beaten out of him in the NFL. I see him having a career like Eddie George. Very good for a couple of years but loses it quickly because he is so beaten up.

People that believe Vince Young is a good quarterback simply don't understand what it entails being a good quarterback. Mobility never has and never will be the first thing you look for in a quarterback. Vince Young couldn't read a defense if he were told what coverage he was facing before the snap, and guess what? That's a much more important aspect of being a quarterback than mobility.

The only thing Vince Young will have going for him is the media coverage that will be behind him. Many of you will hear Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreet rave about his "playmaking" skills as a quarterback, when the guy can't throw the ball a lick. He's just another in a long line of black quarterbacks that the media has tried to "pump up", making them seem better than they really are. If the media really wants to get behind a real quarterback that just happens to be black, then they should be behind either the guy that plays down the road from Texas in Reggie McNeal or the kid at UAB, Darrell Hackney.

KB21 said:
People that believe Vince Young is a good quarterback simply don't understand what it entails being a good quarterback. Mobility never has and never will be the first thing you look for in a quarterback. Vince Young couldn't read a defense if he were told what coverage he was facing before the snap, and guess what? That's a much more important aspect of being a quarterback than mobility.

The only thing Vince Young will have going for him is the media coverage that will be behind him. Many of you will hear Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreet rave about his "playmaking" skills as a quarterback, when the guy can't throw the ball a lick. He's just another in a long line of black quarterbacks that the media has tried to "pump up", making them seem better than they really are. If the media really wants to get behind a real quarterback that just happens to be black, then they should be behind either the guy that plays down the road from Texas in Reggie McNeal or the kid at UAB, Darrell Hackney.

Dont watch him but that coming from KB is enough for me.

sounds decent to me........ lets ease up on the 'black thing' though

Vince Young is a hell of an athlete and a superior physical talent....he's just not a very good QB.

As for the original question, I'd still choose Brown over Bush simply because of size. I think Bush can be a beast in the NFL ONLY if the right team drafts him. A team that uses a scat back type of runner instead of a power runner. Atlanta or Denver would be ideal.

As for the Brown vs. Benson debate, Cedric was the best between the tackles runner in this years draft. If we were still running a Wanny style offense (*shivers*) then Benson would have been the wise choice. But Brown is the better overall back, and a major receiving threat, which fits Linehan's system much better.

Batman13 said:
Ronnie should be awesome and a very solid TB for a long time, But Reggie could be the next Marshall Faulk. Players that versatile and electrifying barely come along every 10 years.

Bush doesn't even have Faulks size, we're talking about a guy the size of Travis Minor.

Don't be fooled by someone who is electriifying in college, everyone is fast in the NFL. John Avery was electrifying in college too.

Ronnie Brown is the total package.

Back
Top Bottom