Who would you trade up for? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you trade up for?

No one.
We don't have enough draft capital to trade up over 10 spots.
You would have to give your first and second rounder next year plus more.
Trade down if possible.

I would not trade up. We are draft pick poor now.

If for some reason no OT's went in the top 10, I'd consider it.

Denver could have an interest in picking up draft capital. You could swap a 2nd (they don't have one) for their 3rd and throw in a third next year (we'll have 3). They could probably still get Nix at 21.

They have a lot of later rounds picks but a big gap between pick 12 and pick 76.

You could even swap 2 seconds for 2 thirds and ask for one of their 4th rounders in return. Our second next year shouldn't be too far off their 3rd next year, so its not much of a drop.

And to answer the question, it would be for Alt. I do also like the potential of Fashanu learning from Armstead for a year (and likely filling in for him as well during the year).

We don't have enough draft capital to trade up over 10 spots.
You would have to give your first and second rounder next year plus more.

Thats way too much compensation to move up 9 spots. You wouldn't need to give up nearly that much.

It will depend on who is still available at 21. I think if Barton is there, we should take him and slide him inside to center. Beyond that, unless an irresistible pick is there, we should trade out for more picks.

Wouldn't be that bad of a deal if you get one of Carolina or Washington's early seconds. I'd have no problem with that. There should still be some quality OL available at the top of the second round.

Exactly.

Say there's a guy like Morgan at 36. Miami drafted Dejean or even Barton at 21.

Trading away our 1st next year foe 36 would not be a bad deal.

I mean, it would most likely be a pick in the 20's. I say pick 32.

So to get a quality tackle like Morgan at 36 may make it worth it.

More then likely, a starting quality tackle with Morgan's ceiling, is more valuable to me, then probably ny player Miami can get from 21-32 next year..

But that's just me.

Exactly.

Say there's a guy like Morgan at 36. Miami drafted Dejean or even Barton at 21.

Trading away our 1st next year foe 36 would not be a bad deal.

I mean, it would most likely be a pick in the 20's. I say pick 32.

So to get a quality tackle like Morgan at 36 may make it worth it.

More then likely, a starting quality tackle with Morgan's ceiling, is more valuable to me, then probably ny player Miami can get from 21-32 next year..

But that's just me.

My dream scenario right now is trading down to 27 with Arizona, letting them come up and get one of the project OT's (Mims or Guyton) and then trading down to 33 with Carolina, letting them come up for a WR. Giving us the first pick tomorrow night and bunch of additional assets. There should be some quality OL available to us at the top of the 2nd round. I'd also like to help Carolina come up for a WR, ahead of Buffalo and KC.

Or, doing that deal with Washington that lands up 36 and 40. I'd even trade one of those picks for a 2025 first rounder, if someone was so inclined.

I am not too concerned with any one player at this point, I just want to "win the deal", as many times as possible.

If Im Grier Im going this draft with 1 3rd round pick from next year as a disposable asset..

Fautanu

Trading up? I guess it's possible with Grier as GM and we do have lots of extra picks next year to offer.
My choice would be TE Bowers.

Back
Top Bottom