Wholesale Changes Coming?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

The trade deadline has passed. Surprise! The Dolphins made no moves at the trade deadline, electing instead to go with the “salvage the season” approach. Like, it’s going to work this time, right? Well, after going 3-1 in September, the Dolphins went 1-3 in October and 1-2 in November. There is no way the Dolphins can win four of their next five games. The Bengals, Texans and Colts all hold the tiebreakers if it comes to that. It won’t.

Sadly, I am at the point, if I wasn’t already, to look beyond this season. Crazy as it may seem, the offseason for the Miami Dolphins is my favorite time of year. Oh sure, there is the emotional high I get when the regular season does roll around, but really for those four months after free agency has begun, after the draft has occurred, after following all the storylines in training camp, I am left to wonder and hope that next year will be our year without actually knowing it and having to deal with it. There is comfort in that.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2018/12/02/wholesale-changes-coming/

robb likes this.
  2. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

we hold the conference win percentage tie breaker at the moment over indy. we are now 7th since they lost

3. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

Does wholesale mean we are getting our players from Dollar Tree this year?

K-mart players havent been kind to us.

kevphin, dolphinkee and *Demi*God* like this.
  4. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* A True Fan

Gase is safe beyond this year...Burke might not be because I dont think Gase wanted him to begin with...now if the team has the same issues next year watch for Rizzi to take the interim job

5. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

I'd be surprised if Gase isn't back. He needs to come to grips that Burke has got to go and his plan going forward can't be Ryan Tannehill. He probably knows this already.

Ray R and 39wildman like this.
  6. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

I want Gase fired after this season but that probably won't happen. Ross is dumber than a rock when it comes to football decisions. But Gase better give up the play calling duties and fire Burke or this team will suck bad next season.

Anvil35 and Dolphins81 like this.
  7. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP Donator

When you snap the ball to your 3rd RB with the game on the line somebody is not coming back next season.

Joker13, Anvil35, dnespins and 3 others like this.
  8. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

If we keep fifing HCs, we'll be more of a laughing stock than we are right now.

Ray R, tazthenomad and Shoes like this.
  9. thefieds

thefieds Rookie

Gase's bizarre play calling seems to be to prove he's a genius. He's not going to change and I was hoping Ross would follow the Packers' lead and fire him after yesterday's "win".

10. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Don’t care about your feelings Finheaven VIP

Gase should be fired but Ross is a moron. Gase needs to have the play calling taken from him. Burke needs to be fired too

11. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Yeah the good news is we have a good shot at 9-7. The bad News is the one loss has to be to Minny. A loss to NE is the nail in the coffin.

12. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

Of all the plays I have issues with this year, this is the one that stands out.

13. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Regardless of what everyone wants or thinks. Gase and Tannehill will be back next year. Ross invested a lot in those 2, he brought in one to fix the other and he’s going to give them the benefit of the doubt with all the injuries this year. I know it’s not a popular decision but it may be the right decision.

Now Burke is another story....

Ray R, Manning and kevphin like this.
  14. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Brock-n-Roll Finheaven VIP

Agreed but Ross has got to strip Gase of playcalling duty and hire a young innovative mind as the Offensive Coordinator. Bad playcalling aside, Gase also needs to get his *** off the bench and watch when the defense is on the field.

Martel13 and mrbunglez like this.
  15. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

It's really a matter of who is available at QB next year and who is available for HC? If we don't have better options for this next year then we have to go with Tannehill and Gase. There has to be other peripheral changes: Burke, defensive scheme, trainers, etc.

Ray R and Manning like this.