Who's your favorite 'flash in the pan' Phin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite 'flash in the pan' Phin

I'll have to say Bernie Parmalee. Remember all the hype about him being the UPS guy. He was, for a brief moment, the Kurt Warner of the league. He was the guy that came from total obscurity to NFL stardom in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it wasn't too long before he was back to obscurity. :(

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
Mine has to be WR Lamar Thomas. 3 TDs in the monday night Marino vs. Elway classic. Gets hurt, never heard from again!

And who could ever forget the OTHER Lamar.

Ferrell Edmunds

had that great game (11/27/88) ag. the N.Y. Jets with 2 catches for 117 yards and an 80 yard TD; and was supposed to be the big TE with great speed to open up the middle of the field to Dan, but never did anything with the Fins or anyone else.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Cecil Collins
he was certainly noteworthy off the field, but never did that much on it. How about Delvin Williams ? That was a name that we heard for lots of pre-JJ and Kareem years :eek: :(

Originally posted by dolphan39
he was certainly noteworthy off the field, but never did that much on it. How about Delvin Williams ? That was a name that we heard for lots of pre-JJ and Kareem years :eek: :(

I thought he showed promise on the field. Delvin Williams never did much.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I thought he showed promise on the field. Delvin Williams never did much.
:confused: Delvin Williams he just holds the record for the most yards rushing in a season still :eek:

Originally posted by dolphan39
:confused: Delvin Williams he just holds the record for the most yards rushing in a season still :eek:

memory like a steel trap. :) BTW, don`t forget to turn your clock ahead.

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
Mine has to be WR Lamar Thomas. 3 TDs in the monday night Marino vs. Elway classic. Gets hurt, never heard from again!
Yeah I was hoping he'd have a good career, we went to the same high school in Gainesville, FL. He was All-County in track and football. And when he became a Hurricane, that pissed off ALL the locals. Everybody, even his family was mad he didn't go to UF. I wonder what ever happened to him since he left Miami.:confused:

as far as a flash in the pan!

john offerdahl was really the man, until he got hurt. then they say he was afraid of contact. all i know is everytime i went to a dolphins game, that sucker was in sweats!:rolleyes:

Re: as far as a flash in the pan!

Originally posted by dolfan06
john offerdahl was really the man, until he got hurt. then they say he was afraid of contact. all i know is everytime i went to a dolphins game, that sucker was in sweats!:rolleyes:

I'd have to say you're way off in this one 06. Offerdahl may not have had the kind of longevity that he should've but the guy had quite a few really good seasons with the 'Fins. "Flash in the pan" guys are usually one season wonders, whereas Offerdahl was a around long enough to have been a known commodity of the 'Fins for awhile.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom