Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

I think I will just wait to see if he's convicted before I decide without any due process whatsoever if he's guilty.

I have no ties to Watson or any of his accusers, and I am not supporting or defending either side.

I do have direct and very personal links to defending our Constitution and the Rights we are given as US Citizens.
The Court Of Public Opinion pendulum has already swung regardless of your patience

The Court Of Public Opinion pendulum has already swung regardless of your patience
Thank goodness we can't get sent to jail because of what the public thinks....

I agree with the innocent until proven guilty but the NFL doesn't. I remember Big Ben getting a four game suspension based on an accusation and the lady later dropped the charges. I am also looking at this from a GM and Head Coach perspective. Would you be willing to trade for him, paying full price, saying "He's innocent until proven guilty"? Of course not.
Paying full price, of cause not.
The question you should ask is, ...given his current legal issue, would you take a chance on him for a discount price? And what price are you willing to give up?

If only a first 2022, I say take a chance.

Thank goodness we can't get sent to jail because of what the public thinks....
Go to jail? Of course not. But you can certainly lose hundreds of millions of dollars and ruin your NFL career virtually overnight...

#MeToo started in full swing back in 2017. It's 2021. Watson has no one to blame for this but himself.

This is clear I would think. The job of an NFL GM is not to find the best citizens, nor is it to build a team the fans like as people. It's solely about building a team that is on the field and producing. Watson is one of the top echelon of QB's in this league by productivity. He has all the traits you want, decent size, good athleticism, strong arm, good leadership in the locker room, and phenomenal productivity on the football field. He's rarely injured, never in drug rehab and prior to this massage issue, never a guy who had legal troubles.

It's a big "if," but if Watson looks like he's going to get past these legal troubles, he instantly becomes a unicorn as an elite QB available. The only similar situation we've seen before was when Peyton Manning became available ... and he came at an exceptionally advanced age with declining skills and a huge spinal medical risk. Watson faces a PR nightmare and potential game suspensions, which in the grand scheme of things is minimal impact on him playing. Now, if the criminal investigation puts him behind bars for 3+ years ... that's a different story. But, at this point it seems unlikely. So of course Grier is monitoring this situation. It would be the biggest feather in his cap ever. Acquiring Watson would be his Herschel Walker trade that lands him on the Mt. Rushmore of GM's, whether we fans like the idea of a creep QB or not.

Consider this, the attorney bringing all these claims forward is not cooperating with the police ... why? Because he wants MONEY ... he wants a settlement for his clients, and avoiding jail time is the best way for Watson to have the resources and incentives to pay that money. The goal is not to convict Watson of a criminal offense. That attorney's goal is to secure settlements and NOT have Watson convicted of a criminal offense. He'll give Watson's camp the gag-clause they want so Tony Buzbee's (the attorney) clients never mention the offensive activity again ... and Watson is clear to say he did nothing wrong and continue excelling as an NFL QB.

So, Grier knows there's a pretty good chance Watson comes through the other side of this and still plays football ... meaning he's still a unicorn. Even if his public reputation takes a massive hit ... it only helps lower the price, so Grier is seeing a very shiny silver lining and a very real possibility he could land this big fish. THAT'S why we're still linked ... because Grier is still interested. Our biggest impediment is probably Grier convincing Ross to take the PR hit.
You know Diggie, I’m with you about innocent until proven guilty and he likely will avoid time etc but if this was a case of one or two stories I could just look the other way and say we’re not here to judge him snd I’m really not .... but he has a problem snd this type of problem could spread discourse in the team. Some men who have daughters in that changing room will likely hate him .... at that point he becomes a risk. Is the risk small enough that I’d still underwrite the signing? Dunno, I’m now on the side of his problems will not stop when he’s got that many women accusing him. It’s almost like an addiction, can’t shake it off. He needs help first before anything else prior to consideration of a trade. Just my opinion though for the little it’s worth

Excellent view points. That additional 1st round pick in 2023, may be part of a bigger plan to aquire Watson, if and once he's legally cleared. The only way I see this potentially blowing up, is if Watson finds himself fighting criminal charges. Until then both Miami and New York have set themselves up, to possibly be players in a Watson trade. I don't believe Grier is done acquiring more draft capital. There is a real chance pick #18 and/or picks 36 and 50 are moved in trade down scenarios. And then there is always the possibility of players getting traded away. Howard, Parker and Gesicki come to mind.
But that plan will be scuppered when Tua has an amazing season.

You know Diggie, I’m with you about innocent until proven guilty and he likely will avoid time etc but if this was a case of one or two stories I could just look the other way and say we’re not here to judge him snd I’m really not .... but he has a problem snd this type of problem could spread discourse in the team. Some men who have daughters in that changing room will likely hate him .... at that point he becomes a risk. Is the risk small enough that I’d still underwrite the signing? Dunno, I’m now on the side of his problems will not stop when he’s got that many women accusing him. It’s almost like an addiction, can’t shake it off. He needs help first before anything else prior to consideration of a trade. Just my opinion though for the little it’s worth
You make a great point. And there's a looooooooooooooooooooot of smoke now. With two women coming forward with on-the-record stories to be used in the criminal case ... it's getting worse for Watson. When Watson's side touted a different massage therapist who supposedly backed him ... Buzbee's guys interviewed her and she said she stopped working with Watson because she had heard stories of him doing this sort of thing ... which undercuts Watson's narrative.

It's quite sick that none of this would have come to light if he had just not signed a new contract with the Texans or just played the contract he signed. Without this controversy to cause Tony Buzbee to dig up all of this ... I doubt any of this gets out. If the horrible things happened to those women that they claim ... it would have been inexcusable for him to get away with it. If nothing ever happened, then it is a terrible thing to happen to Watson. Whichever it is (and I'm guessing it's all or nothing), this is appalling .

You make a great point. And there's a looooooooooooooooooooot of smoke now. With two women coming forward with on-the-record stories to be used in the criminal case ... it's getting worse for Watson. When Watson's side touted a different massage therapist who supposedly backed him ... Buzbee's guys interviewed her and she said she stopped working with Watson because she had heard stories of him doing this sort of thing ... which undercuts Watson's narrative.

It's quite sick that none of this would have come to light if he had just not signed a new contract with the Texans or just played the contract he signed. Without this controversy to cause Tony Buzbee to dig up all of this ... I doubt any of this gets out. If the horrible things happened to those women that they claim ... it would have been inexcusable for him to get away with it. If nothing ever happened, then it is a terrible thing to happen to Watson. Whichever it is (and I'm guessing it's all or nothing), this is appalling .
I fully support people who have made a mistake being given a second chance snd defend sportsmen until proven guilty and even then like every human they deserve a second chance (apart from rape, murder etc which is a different level). That’s the same for Watson for me but if he has committed a crime he gots to go.

If he’s proven innocent or proven these were consensual then there should be no negative impact on him resuming his career. Any of the ladies proven to be lying should be facing criminal charges too.

but, there is far too much smoke here and he needs help with this problem. A good psychiatrist will take care of it (Hey deshaun my dads a top psychiatrist if you’re reading this, over 50 years at the top of his field bro, call him, just don’t err ask him if err there’s anyone else gonna be there when you call, he’ll hang up)

then there’s the issue of if he has done it, but got away with facing criminal charges, how will his teammates feel about him? Not all of them are going to be okay with it,

ftom a marketing perspective, I can’t see teams not trading for him if he is cleared or ‘gets away with it’ as he is, ultimately an elite snd will take teams far.

Bro needs to just keep his mouse back in the house and be normal. Just get drunk hit on ladies in bars, be told to eff off a few times but eventually one will say yes (honestly, this is my cousin’s tactic snd it works every time he’s on a night out - typical Persian .... :-))

From a jets forum where there was an avid interest in trading for Watson. I couldn't have said this better and that's why I screen capped it.

Cliff Notes version: Watson's goose is cooked

A+ Gallery_22.jpg

I think I will just wait to see if he's convicted before I decide without any due process whatsoever if he's guilty.

I have no ties to Watson or any of his accusers, and I am not supporting or defending either side.

I do have direct and very personal links to defending our Constitution and the Rights we are given as US Citizens.
People on a fan forum forming an opinion based on reports in no way infringes on Watson's constitutional rights. GTFO.

People on a fan forum forming an opinion based on reports in no way infringes on Watson's constitutional rights. GTFO.
Well I don't share that opinion I think it does do damage, I don't think I will GTFO just because I have a different opinion than you do.

Deshaun Watson suspension increasingly likely in 2021....go find and read this article.

Back
Top Bottom