Why do any of you like McKnight?!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do any of you like McKnight?!!

MissMeth

Miss July
Reaction score
:shout: Why would any on the thread like James McKnight. He SHOULD NOT be the 3rd WR. HE SUCKS! He drops too many passes and the only thing he has going for him is his speed. BUT WHAT GOOD IS SPEED IF YOU DONT FINISH YOUR ROUTES?! I really dont like McKnight at all! I have season tickets for the last 5 years and last year i watched what he did and it was crap. He's been in the league for 9 years with 3 different team and YET to make a difference on any team. THE ONLY reason he made a difference on this team what-so-ever last season is because no one else could! Gadsden was gone, Chambers wasnt the same after the head injury, and Ward flat out sucked! This guy is no good and we need to get him off our team!

:judge:

MCDROP --- :splat:

Sorry i get a little over excited about my dolphins... especially when there is a player on the team that dont belong there! I back up my dolphins 100% but there are just two guys on this team that i really dont like, James McKnight and JAMAR FLETCHER!

:barf:

I disagree.....

I think this will be WR J. McKnights' year....

He made some very decent strides late last season, and appears to have more confidence in his abilities as well. His speed is All World, and if he can catch the ball the way he did late last year, he could be our best WR in 2003....

He's got a tremendous upside if he puts it all together....

He also knows that this will be a make or break year for him, and with that pressure, he's certain to step his game up a notch....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:cap:

GREAT CATCHES?? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU WATCHING. The guy had a FEW good catches but for the most part dropped 60% of the balls! After 9 years if he has had "his season" do you really think he will?! The guy sucks.. plain and simple.. he's one of those guys that if you throw to a 2-4 times a game he MIGHT make a big play. But if you throw to him 7-10 times a game.. he will mess up. I really dont understand what dolphin games you been watchin the last two years.

McDrop :bombyou:

Originally posted by MissMeth
GREAT CATCHES?? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU WATCHING. The guy had a FEW good catches but for the most part dropped 60% of the balls! After 9 years if he has had "his season" do you really think he will?! The guy sucks.. plain and simple.. he's one of those guys that if you throw to a 2-4 times a game he MIGHT make a big play. But if you throw to him 7-10 times a game.. he will mess up. I really dont understand what dolphin games you been watchin the last two years.

umm, that is false, he doesn't drop 60% of the balls

Meth,

Chew on these numbers for a minute, and then get back to me with your thoughts....

WR C. Chambers
============
52 catches / 734 yards / 14.1 average / 3TD's / Long of 59

WR J. McKnight
============
29 catches / 528 yards / 18.2 average / 2TD's / Long of 77

Remember this too, J. McKnight was demoted last year until late in the season. Those numbers above are not an accurate assumption either. If he would have played a full season as the #2 WR, and if Jay had not been injured, they would have been much better IMO.....

Trust me. If McKnight doesn't shine early on in Training Camp or during the Pre-season, we'll know the truth behind this guy once and for all....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:cap:

I dont like McKnight either, i really dont expect much of him as hes not come close to his last year as a Cowboy and has only taken steps back since. He didnt even get playing time over Dedric Ward last year??? He was the only reciever that was at every mini camp, but still didnt catch the coaches eyes enough to get some playing time??? They brought Carter outta retirement and threw him into the starting line up, cuz they had this gem in McKnight??? Sorry I'm not sold on this guy at all....

I believe someone was in here on this board a few weeks ago with statistics regarding McKnight and the % of catchable balls he dropped last year. Seems he was one of the best in the league last year, according to those who keep such stats. I do know that he has dropped a few high-profile passes that many fans remember. However, I think most of those were in 2001. Does anyone have the stats handy?

I was looking for those stats also. He played in 13 games last year. His number weren't that bad. Although he did fumble twice, that 60% dropped ball number is just a bit over the top. :nesucks:

Originally posted by MissMeth

To be accurate, he had 2 "drops" last year. He actually cought more tough passes than dropped easy ones.

BLITZKRIEG those numbers are great but lack any real effects since there isn't a "thrown to" or "dropped" stat listed. Those only show what each has caught and the effects afterwards. But I think MissMeth is talking about how many he drops, not catches.

And I have to agree, I got to see his problems up close and personal here when he was with Dallas. They loved his speed to, but not when its not worth it because he can't catch the dang pigskin. :D

Ok so i was going over-board with the 60%.. but 2 drops.. that is crap. I was at all the home games and if he was thrown the ball he drop 2 in ONE GAME. (at least). My point is that the guy is not productive.. but maybe one or twice a year. He is NOT worth the 2.5 Mil we are paying him this year to be a #4 WR which is the BEST he should be. In the 9 years he has been in the league he hasnt done much of anything. And as far as the best % of dropped balls vs. caught.. the guy wasnt thrown to enough to have a percentage of the sort! If they can put a sucky WR like Dedric Ward ahead of him, what does that say about the coaches faith in McKnight?!

McKnight is one of our fastest guys on the team....he just has to adjust to catching the balls....can you blame him, its tough to catch all the balls when you get down field that quick!

Back
Top Bottom