Why do any of you like McKnight?!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do any of you like McKnight?!!

Finatical One ur talking an extra how many yards to have the angle?? U obviously dont know much in the way of distances...Hmmm a straight line or an angle....i wonder....lmao

Originally posted by MissMeth
Ok well for the most part everyone disagrees with me which is cool.. thats why i like these boards. It broadens your perspective. I still dont like McDrop and probably never will... but when i laid in bed last night really upset with myself that i couldnt produce an actual game i remembered. (honestly i thought about it for hours.. cause i normally can throw something out pretty quick)..

no costly mistakes?
How about the 2 dropped passes in the 3rd and 4th QTRs of the NE game in week 17 of 2002. Both would have been 1st downs. Or how about the pass that JF technically overthrew on a separate play - McDROP actually quit running prior to the ball sailing over his head. He never attempted to adjust to it.
or
2001 Playoffs, 5 min left in the game, PHINS down 17 - 3, McDROP is heading into the endzone, JF hits him in the only place to keep DUANE STARKS from getting it. The pass hits McDROP in the hands as he goes vertical across the goal line and instead of catching it or at least just dropping it, he bats the ball into the air and then Starks picks it off and runs 20 some odd yards up the sideline.

I guess these are the games i remember the most and these are the plays that i hate. I will give McKnight the fact that he came up with some really good plays last year when NO ONE else was there to do it.. but its just not enough in my eyes.

:topic:

Well, this is just anecdotal evidence. I'm sure we could come up with stories about any WR and how they dropped an important pass or fumbled at an inopportune time (Rice, Brown, Harrison, and Chambers included). Phinstigator offered actual empirical data showing McKnight's effectiveness. FinaticalOne echoed the same sentiments. I have seen no one offer any such evidence substantiating the claim that McKnight is a poor receiver. Therefore, I have to concur with others who lay the blame for McKnight's poor reputation on the hype from a few high profile errors.

Originally posted by stan marino
Finatical One ur talking an extra how many yards to have the angle?? U obviously dont know much in the way of distances...Hmmm a straight line or an angle....i wonder....lmao

Hmmm keep wondering, it's obvious you don't understand what I'm talking about. Anyone that has played DB (obviously, not you) knows what I'm talking about. I have ran down plenty of WRs cutting them off on an angle, and I'm referring to coming from the opposite side of the field to do so. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

Hmmm keep wondering, it's obvious you don't understand what I'm talking about. Anyone that has played DB (obviously, not you) knows what I'm talking about. I have ran down plenty of WRs cutting them off on an angle, and I'm referring to coming from the opposite side of the field to do so. :rolleyes:

Stan, you are correct in chuckling at the prospect of a CB running down a WR if the WR is traveling on a straight line and the CB leaves from the same yard line but has to angle over to the WR. In such a case the CB would have to cover a greater distance.

However, what I think FinaticalOne is referring to, and a situation which often occurs, is where the CB/DB angles across the field, but leaving from a yard line farther downfield. For instance, the WR breaks free at his own 30 yard line, the DB angles over from the middle of the field, but leaves from his 40. The DB has the angle and, using the sideline to cut-off the WR, makes the tackle at the 20. It looks like the DB has caught him from behind, even though the WR may be slightly faster afoot. While it may appear that they traveled the same path, the DB has actually traveled a shorter distance.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

Why aren't U going out for the Dolphins..we like that kind of speed in the Secondary..hope you hit hard when you get there..TO's babes..that's what we want when you run someone down..:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MissMeth
Sorry i get a little over excited about my dolphins... especially when there is a player on the team that dont belong there! I back up my dolphins 100% but there are just two guys on this team that i really dont like, James McKnight and JAMAR FLETCHER!

:barf:

Ahh, don't worry about it there miss meth. i get the same way when i get talking about Wannstedt !! :cap: :goof:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Why aren't U going out for the Dolphins..we like that kind of speed in the Secondary..hope you hit hard when you get there..TO's babes..that's what we want when you run someone down..:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I wish I were playing pro ball. I've played college ball and now semi-pro ball. I've been invited to tryouts w/the Cowboys, Panthers, and Ravens, BUT...even though I have very good speed (4.41 in the 40), I'm only 5'9, ok I'm only 5' 8 1/2" ;) and the NFL is getting away from the shorter CB's and S. But now I'm 30 yrs old (considered past my prime by NFL standards, but I don't think so) I play semi-pro because I still love to play. :)

Back
Top Bottom