Why do any of you like McKnight?!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do any of you like McKnight?!!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

It probably would have been 32 if it weren't for McKnight's YAC..
Is that supposed to make me feel better?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

The #3 WR in this system is the slot receiver. To put McKnight's speed and inconsistent hands into the slot would be a bad move. We signed Thompson to provide that. Don't expect this team to have clearly defined #2 and #3 WR roles. McKnight and Thompson will be switching based on their strengths. I could see Thompson and McKnight both playing in 2 WR sets and then Thompson (and even Chambers some this year) to slide into the slot.

Chambers and McKnight starting together should boost each other simply by the fact it's 2 very fast guys that CB's have to deal with. Remember how the coaches said Chambers was really catching on towards the end of the season? Any coincidence that was the time McKnight was inserted?

Possibly. Like i said before.. i am a dolfan and will back my phins up no matter what.. but i dont like the guy. I think it would be better to have Chambers and Thompson on the inside and let McKnight be on the perimeter.... but hey what do i know.. i only take on the opinions of others...

Originally posted by Rebar71

No but if the following happens then this passing game can work:

-2nd year in Norv's system
-2nd year starting for Chambers
-McKnight as the #2
-Thompson mixing in with McKnight and taking the slot receiving duties. Thompson should put up some nice numbers in the slot
-Starting offensive line is back with much needed depth.

The only problem with McKnight is that in the past he has made mistakes at crucial points in the game (drop against Ravens or fumbles). He has skills and has also made big plays (game winner against Seahawks). I don't particularly like him as a starter, but he is better than most third receivers IMO.

Only showing you another side of the story..he could be worst..luckily he wasn't and he did provide us some playmaking ability..go back and look at last year's film once he started starting and you'll see what I mean..To be honest..I'm kind of excited by him starting..I really think you will see an improved Receiving Corps..Starting with McKnight.

Only showing you another side of the story..he could be worst..luckily he wasn't and he did provide us some playmaking ability..go back and look at last year's film once he started starting and you'll see what I mean..To be honest..I'm kind of excited by him starting..I really think you will see an improved Receiving Corps..Starting with McKnight.

I wish all our WR's could have McKnights ability to make YAC.

I wish all our WR's could have McKnights ability to make YAC.

:lol: I guess I left that wide open huh?

I hope so. I love his speed, but his hands make me nervous.

Unfortunately, I can't go back and look at last year's film. Living in Southern California, I only get to see about 6 games a year - full national telecasts and any games vs Raiders & Chargers or if they are playing FOX's NFC flavor of the month. Maybe he just sucked big time in those six games.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope so. I love his speed, but his hands make me nervous.

Unfortunately, I can't go back and look at last year's film. Living in Southern California, I only get to see about 6 games a year - full national telecasts and any games vs Raiders & Chargers or if they are playing FOX's NFC flavor of the month. Maybe he just sucked big time in those six games.

Trust me..I was fortunate enough to have one of the members of this board tape them for me..I'm in Maryland..and i can watch them pretty at any time..McKnight was solid...our D wasn't..

Originally posted by MissMeth
:shout: Why would any on the thread like James McKnight. He SHOULD NOT be the 3rd WR. HE SUCKS! He drops too many passes and the only thing he has going for him is his speed. BUT WHAT GOOD IS SPEED IF YOU DONT FINISH YOUR ROUTES?! I really dont like McKnight at all! I have season tickets for the last 5 years and last year i watched what he did and it was crap. He's been in the league for 9 years with 3 different team and YET to make a difference on any team. THE ONLY reason he made a difference on this team what-so-ever last season is because no one else could! Gadsden was gone, Chambers wasnt the same after the head injury, and Ward flat out sucked! This guy is no good and we need to get him off our team!

:judge:

MCDROP --- :splat:

Don't worry McKnight won't be our number 3 Wr. He will be our number 2 Wr!!

If you actually take the time to check out McKnights stats he did not drop as many as you would think. Actually I believe Chambers dropped more. And McKnight was EXCELLENT with the YAC. Me myself I kinda like Mac. He is no Jerry Rice, but he made some very big plays last year with his speed.

Although, you may get your wish, if they get desperate for a player released on June 1st. I seriously doubt it, but he could be released to free up some funds. But I would bet a team like the Jags would snatch him right up.

The #3 WR in this system is the slot receiver. To put McKnight's speed and inconsistent hands into the slot would be a bad move. We signed Thompson to provide that. Don't expect this team to have clearly defined #2 and #3 WR roles. McKnight and Thompson will be switching based on their strengths. I could see Thompson and McKnight both playing in 2 WR sets and then Thompson (and even Chambers some this year) to slide into the slot.

Chambers and McKnight starting together should boost each other simply by the fact it's 2 very fast guys that CB's have to deal with. Remember how the coaches said Chambers was really catching on towards the end of the season? Any coincidence that was the time McKnight was inserted?

So true. He takes 5-10 yard catches and turns them into 20+'s. That's something Chambers needs to learn is to break those tackles and get those extra yards.

As for the 27th ranking do you really believe we would have been that low with Jay for the full year and McKnight starting over Orende? Could have gotten an average ranking then.

Well said, but let me add one or two things. The number 1, 2, and 3 wr's will be switching back and forth. Yes Chambers is the number 1, but he will most certainly be in the slot ( as u suggested ) a whole heck of a lot more this year. I'm not guessing, It's a quote right out of CC's mouth. Norv loves to create all kinds of mismatches, and I'm hoping he uses a few more crossing patterns this year. Having Chambers start out by catching some passes over the middle, then Crossing him to the outside, creating mass confusion in the secondaries.

:D

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Could the problem with the dropped passes be a result of poor QBing more so than bad WRing????....

QB J. Fiedler is not the most accurate QB around, and half the time he either underthrows, or overthrows. The WR has to adjust to the QB, and it's tough to do with an inaccurate QB like J. Fiedler....

I think if you put WR J. McKnight in the Rams offense, you'd have one very dangerous WR.

Errrrrrr wrong answer. ;) This kid has been with 2 other teams and had the same problems. I personally watched him blow it time and time again here in Dallas. He's fast alright but just can't put it together. Why do you think we gave him the nickname "McDrops"?

Originally posted by IceStorm

Errrrrrr wrong answer. ;) This kid has been with 2 other teams and had the same problems. I personally watched him blow it time and time again here in Dallas. He's fast alright but just can't put it together. Why do you think we gave him the nickname "McDrops"?

I really thinks he became Mc YACs last year...

I really thinks he became Mc YACs last year...
Sounds like McDonald's latest creation...

"I'll have a McYack combo to go, please."

:barf:

If anybody has access to Stats Inc. they track drops, targets, etc. I saw Mcknights stats two years ago and he was in the top 10 of most reliable hands. That's right, the same year he earned the name Mcdrop he had one of the top 10 lowest drop % in the league. The problem was that Mcknight had high profile drops and fumbles. This skews the perceptions of Missmeth and her fellow tailgators into thinking Mcknight has more drops than other wrs. The facts show otherwise.

As to this board having fewer posters who hate Mcknight, I think it just shows that the majority of posters on this board take the time to consider all the facts before jumping to conclusions about players. I've seen too many boards where that isn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom