Why do most think we are 8-8 at best? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do most think we are 8-8 at best?

I also think that if we cut down on making stupid holding penalties and throwing interceptions for touchdowns I think we can do better than 8-8. But, I am not getting my hopes up until I see an improved O-Line. :yell:

Boik14 said:
Because Aj Feeley is still our qb (at least until Frerotte beats him out in training camp) and the rest of the AFC East is insanely hard.

:yeahthat:

Are schedule this year can be very tough. We have the talent to be a possible 10-6 or 11-5 team but with the schedule i say 7-9 or 8-8.

Nearly every year we contend for the AFCE. Now after the circus from last year you think we are going 8-8? Sad. We have just as much talent and just as good of a coaching staff and much better one at that compared to the Jets and the Bills.

8-8 would be a GREAT first year for Nick!

I CANNOT believe people are coming on here mentioning 11-5 & 12-4!! WTF? Are we talking about the same team?

Nick is rebuilding this football team folks. That doesn't happen overnight.

Everyone with such high expectations the first year are in for a rude awakening when they actually see the product on the field. This isn't some quick fix. Nick is installing a brand new defense and offense. It will not be the same old crap we are used to seeing out there.
This stuff takes time.
I know they are good, but they are not miracle workers.

:rolleyes2

I wish to be as optimistic as 16-0, but reality brings 3 things to deal.
A) None of our QB is a sure thing yet. AJ may improve and guide us into 12-4 in utopia, but right now there are no clear indicators on AJ as our starter yet. Gus (who is leading the QB race) may put this dolphins into something like 10-6, if healthy. And that may be enough to be a wildcard.
B) Saban will introduce new schemes everywhere, several new players and obviuosly many men won't be full adapted in those schemes by september. Saban counts with a great crew (maybe today's NFL best), but all those new schemes may seeem to be rocket science (specially for rookies).
C) Our OL won't be the same (even most players are), because of one name: Hudson Houck. This guy will turn his linemen into superstars. That process is started, and results should be seen by the end of preseason. But the whole offense is another history. Maybe we all say bravo because of Chambers, Brown, McMichael, Welker and the rest, but at a new scheme, is a hard task to implement. Even it will help a lot to improve the performance of many of this guys, Scott Linehan will bring a new game system and experience shows that task takes full seasons to achive.

rainmaker1313 said:
We were a 10-6 team all along. Ricky left and we had injuries and no one knew who was out starting QB. We fixed out problems and added more depth and a new coach. Why are we only an 8-8 team? I think You are nuts. I think worse case 9-7 and we may be looking at 10-6 or 11-5 with some breaks and surprises. Our defense is good enough to keep all the games close and add our new offensive talent and we are in great shape We will do this to the other teams :chair: :whip2: :bombyou:

Because of the Pats, Jests, and Jills twice each, the Chargers, the Cheifs and the Broncos...This could account for 7 of the 8 losses...

Besides, we have a new OC and players that have not been in that system before, a qestionable OL, a rookie RB with no proven backups, questions at both safeties and one CB position. The D will be decent to good, as they have been, but it is also a new scheme to what we have run the last 8 years or so...the core players on D have never run any other system...it'll take time to adjust, even tho I feel that we have definitely upgraded several positions on our team...

kizzaboo said:
Nearly every year we contend for the AFCE. Now after the circus from last year you think we are going 8-8? Sad. We have just as much talent and just as good of a coaching staff and much better one at that compared to the Jets and the Bills.

Better is a big word, staffs and rosters may indicate that our fins have upgraded enough to win Jets two times this season, and just in case rookie QB can't deal in Buffalo we have another winning series, but in the overall record i see the Jets as the 2th horse in AFCE. Maybe we can handle our schedule in order to win all home games and try to beat at least 2 others outside so with 10-6 we arrive as a wildcard.

The fact is last season both Jets and Bills swept and that bring 2 games each and none for us, this year at least will split that.

I dont think we'll be 8-8. I think we'll be playoff conteners!!!:evil:

MikeO said:
The Jets FRONT 7 is far supperiour to Miami's. In fact it might be the best FRONT 7 in the entire NFL.

And Im not going to take a rookie RB who is unproven over Martin just yet.

Don't agree with you. I also like our depth at RB much better.
How is their front 7 so superior to ours? John Abraham is no better than JT. Vilma is solid, but he's not in the class of a Ray Lewis. He's no better than ZT. I also think the depth on our D-line is much better.

i say easy with these 11-5 predictions, the all important QB and Offensive Line are still question marks, its tuff to make such a bold prediction when we are so far away from september...dont forget we did lose surtain, sammy knight, and arturo freeman, are defensive line may have been beefed up as of late, but the secondary is not as strong as it used to be

I figure the coaching improvement gets us two more wins. The talent infusion maybe gets us two more. Say 8-8, with a range from 6-10 to 9-7, depending on injuries and how long it takes the offense to absorb Linehan's new scheme. (And actually, there will be some significant D changes to go with Saban's philosophy.)

Back
Top Bottom