Why do we always have opposing team fan guests in here every week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do we always have opposing team fan guests in here every week?

I have only left a game early one time cause i got smashed and one of the girls that sits behind me was showing the "easy" signs.. so we hooked up in the parking lot of pps and had a fun time.. sorry dolphins ussy first : ) it was a loss to the 49ers so no big deal.

Classy. :jk:

But hey, my Phins take precidence. Heh, I passed up a girl to make my fantasy draft. :rofl:

Originally posted by grooves12
I don't live in Miami... but I have a theory for why that might be.

MANY... from the area, have said for the most part the fan base in Miami is rather weak, and wishy-washy when it comes to supporting their teams. I am willing to bet that the Dolphins don't have a high level of fans purchasing season-tickets.

It could be the Dolphins are offering an abnormal amount of season-tickets (perhaps at a discounted rate) to ticket brokers. If that is the case it is more likely that those brokers would sell to out-of-town or vacationing fans of other teams.

Also, much of Miami's population was not born and raised there. Therefor it is likely that if football fans, even though in a new environment they remain true to their team. So, when their team comes to town... they go out in force.

Another thing I have noticed... It seems EVERY Miami Home game emties out at half-time win or lose. Why is that??

:topic:

But as to your theory....

The Dolphins routinely sell 55,000 season tickets. This year I think it went over 60,000. That's not ticket brokers. That's fans from Miami to New York buying tickets with a large portion coming from all over Florida.

If you look a stadium capacity among the NFL you will find that Joe Robbie is one of the largest with somewhere around 75,000 total capacity..

As for "other fans" visiting.

Check with the "Visitors Bureau" of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties to see when their "inseason" is. Better yet just go to www.hotels.com and check the rates in June versus the rates in November.

South Florida is a vacation destination in itself. Add 15,000 extra tickets to each game, the climate, and all the amenities for families and singles alike and I don't think you will have to come up with another "theory".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep....Just checked....

Only KC, New York, Denver, and Washington have a larger stadium capacity.

Average attendance in 2002 ranked 6th in the league.

Miami is one of only four clubs that the club owner also owns the stadium.

So if you want to decrease the amount of opposing fans at the field build a new stadium with a capacity of 65,000. :D

Most folks don't zip in here to talk smack, just some good football talk and maybe a volley back and forth. I check a lot of other teams boards, but don't always post something. I do pass on some kudos to finheaven, it's one of the best boards in the league. Colts board is good, Jags is lame, and man you should check out the Raidahs. They were all knowing and pretty high and mighty, but they are more than down to earth as of late.

I also think that fans passing through opponents m/b before a match-up is pretty standard, really.

Like summers in Rangoon....

But seriously, if it is honestly bugging some of you, I'm not sure why. Most of the talk should be straight up football predictions, questions, and a little bit of ragging, but isn't that what makes it fun?

Btw, best of luck this week. I hope Griese shreds the Titans, but I'm guessing it will be a close game. McNair is one tough SOB, and they play defense a lot like you guys do.

Game of the week. Hope you come out with the W.

Originally posted by grooves12
I don't live in Miami... but I have a theory for why that might be.

MANY... from the area, have said for the most part the fan base in Miami is rather weak, and wishy-washy when it comes to supporting their teams. I am willing to bet that the Dolphins don't have a high level of fans purchasing season-tickets.

It could be the Dolphins are offering an abnormal amount of season-tickets (perhaps at a discounted rate) to ticket brokers. If that is the case it is more likely that those brokers would sell to out-of-town or vacationing fans of other teams.

Also, much of Miami's population was not born and raised there. Therefor it is likely that if football fans, even though in a new environment they remain true to their team. So, when their team comes to town... they go out in force.

Another thing I have noticed... It seems EVERY Miami Home game emties out at half-time win or lose. Why is that??

Don't theorize anymore..you suck at it.

Dolphins have a season ticket holder base of approx 60,000. That would sell out most stadiums in the NFL. Brokers get their tickets the normal way. People who don't go and offer their tickets or purchase them when they become available to the public.

The only fans in force at our games are Bills, Jets and Pats fan..hence division rivalry.

Halftime. Nothing empties out at halftime. That seats may be emptier at half time is a mis-design of the stadium. Concession stands are on each side of the concourses thus the lines crossing each other and blocking the concourse. You barely make it to the bathroom and back in 10 minutes. You have smokers who have to go to the ramps, people who want to go to the bathrooms all stuck in the concourse because the lines blocking the concourses. Oh, you want food. Leave at the 2 minute warning. Our concession workers are the slowest you can imagine. If you go at halftime you will not make it back in time for kickoff.

Originally posted by justafan

Que? Meeyami es futball team de america? Noo!

Si cabron. ¿Por cierto si no te hablas español que diablo estas haciendo en America? :jk:

having posters from opposing teams can be good. Some of the best debates on the saints board have been with Rams and Bucs fans. I welcome fans from other teams.

Fans from other teams come here because they want to. There are Dolphins fans who post here who post on other teams' fan sites as well. It isn't a big deal.

It is because everyone else is a closet Dolphins fan. They are just putting up a pretense because they have hometown teams. Why else would they be here? Simply put 'If you like football, you love the Dolphins'

To prove this I challenge all fans of the opposition to try not to post just in this thread only. We all know they can't stop themselves. Their love for the Dolphins causes their hearts to overflow and they simply must post. Have no fear, we love you too.

I think we should welcome posters from other sites. Most are polite and should be treated that way in return. I personally enjoy seeing a lot of opinions and comments. You can't have a debate when everyone agrees anyway.
There are some who pop in just to cause trouble and tick us off ....
But nobody likes the East Rutherford Jets anyway so we ignore them and hope the retards don't poke an eye out with their fork during dinner.
God bless the poor fools.
Go Dolphins!!!!

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
It is because everyone else is a closet Dolphins fan. They are just putting up a pretense because they have hometown teams. Why else would they be here? Simply put 'If you like football, you love the Dolphins'

To prove this I challenge all fans of the opposition to try not to post just in this thread only. We all know they can't stop themselves. Their love for the Dolphins causes their hearts to overflow and they simply must post. Have no fear, we love you too.

:lol: Considering I won't buy a Bills item that is hanging against a Fish item because I'm afraid of the diseases it carries, I find that laughable.

What about when you go to the store?? Aren't the meat and fish departments right next to each other?? :D

Back
Top Bottom