Why do we have so many injured players?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do we have so many injured players?!

There's no sign of life.
It's just the power to talk.

I'm standing in the wind,
But I never wave bye bye.

Lord I try, I try...

Because it's football and injuries happen. And they can happen at any time, soooooo.....

I'm so confused, where are the injuries that the OP is getting crazy about?

61hHCcUvMFL.jpg
OP is the forum drama llama. He is always complaining about something or other.

Gotta be cognisant of a 20-24 game season plus OTA's, practices and mini camps. That's why reps in games and practice are so closely monitored. Tunsil's pulled hamstring will be fully healed and rehabbed before he is given another rep. Usually it's just the vets that are held out, but I believe Gase takes injuries more seriously than previous coaches we've had which in the long run should be an asset.

Here's a few reasons ... depending on the time of the season any of them could be the "main reason."

1. It's preseason, so the coaching staff doesn't want to take any chances with key players and veterans. Gase even said that vets of 8 or more years are likely to be rested periodically. Players recovering, players with minor issues, they hold them out unless they absolutely need the reps.

2. There's a lot of people to evaluate, letting some of those you already know about take a day off isn't a bad thing, you then get to look at guys who need more reps.

3. Our front office thinks a lot of it's own sports science and health programs, so it tends to get injured players on the cheap and hope to rehabilitate them for great value. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it always creates a roster with more injured players.

4. Players aren't yet in real football shape, so their bodies get tweaked and it's good to give them some rest.

5. It's darn hot and humid in South Florida this time of year ... muscles have problems, best not to push it too fast just yet.

6. Bees man ... it's the danged bees.

I think if you believe the Dolphins have a bunch of injured players than you would freakout if you were the fan of 90% of the other teams and looked at their current injury situations. Miami's might be one of the healthiest teams in the league right now. If we make it throug preseason with just a few minor nicks and bruises I will be doing back flips. I think Pouncey will spend most if not all of the training camp on the pup list, seeing there's not reason to bring him off if you're committed to letting him sit and recover for most of camp. He could do most of the same things he's doing now on the pup list. Misi on the other hand needs to get his health in order to make a run at the 53 man roster. I'm think Miami will look to see what lbs around the league get released in August

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom