Why does FSU get a Gator bowl bid over... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does FSU get a Gator bowl bid over...

Arsenal WV

LIVESTRONG
Club Member
Reaction score
The likes of Miami, and possibly Clemson.

First off, I'm a WVU fan. We pretty much have the Gator locked up because we are known to travel very well and sell tickets. I think we've also earned a GB spot with our record too.

Switching off to Florida State, Coach Bobby Bowden said he "wanted his last game to be played in Florida" And the FSU people got in contact with the GB people and worked out something. I understand this is Bobby Bowdens last year and he will be playing against the team he coached at before he left for FSU. But what about the teams in the ACC who are better than FSU record wise that are going to play in crappy bowl games just because Bowden said he was retiring and said he wanted to play a bowl game in Florida

I think this is B.S. and unfair at best

thoughts?

Don't forget too that Bowden's first head coaching gig was at WVU too. It's all for ratings I guess.

if nots not about the money, its the money. and then if its not about the money, then its the money.

Money and Ratings.

The Bowl system is a complete JOKE and this proves it. Sure, its great financially . . . but it really needs to be updated.

To reiterate what others have said.... It's all about MONEY and RATINGS. This is probably the biggest reasons as to why NCAA Division 1 Football won't have a playoff system.

It's all related to Bowden's last game as Florida State head coach. This is an historic event in Florida State football. Like you stated, West Virginia will bring the crowd. They always do. Florida State is iffy but with this being Bowden's final game, Seminole fans will pack that stadium as well as Ducal County hotels and restaurants.

I honestly have no problem with it. Everything is about money. That's why you and I leave job A paying X for job B paying Y. People have to understand that the bowl system and college football conference partnerships are a BUSINESS first. The idea of business is to MAKE MONEY. That's also why Virginia Tech was selected of hometown Georgia Tech despite the fact that Georgia Tech could very well lose tonight. The Hokies travel well AND they'll fill up hotel rooms. Georgia Tech fans won't fill up the hotels and restaurants. Hokie fans will.

Sorry. I know Bobby is a great coach and I have a lot of respect for him, but to put a 6-6 FSU team in there over a Miami team that is better than they are and a loser of the ACC title game who is also better than they are is ridiculous. It's too bad ND turned down a bowl bid. They probably could have gotten into the game too.

Its not like any of the ACC teams are any good anyway. So whats it matter?

Come to think of it, any of the big east teams they could put in there blow too.

So no matter how you slice it, the gator bowl was destined to be garbage team vs. garbage team. Would it really matter which 2 they took?

Its not like any of the ACC teams are any good anyway. So whats it matter?

Come to think of it, any of the big east teams they could put in there blow too.

So no matter how you slice it, the gator bowl was destined to be garbage team vs. garbage team. Would it really matter which 2 they took?

You're really calling Miami "garbage"? Wow.....

You're really calling Miami "garbage"? Wow.....

Who have they beaten that is any good this year? Im sure they have lost to a garbage team themselves.

All you need to know is last week the two teams playing in the ACC title game tonight both got DESTROYED by two teams from the middle of the pack in the SEC.

Who have they beaten that is any good this year? Im sure they have lost to a garbage team themselves.

All you need to know is last week the two teams playing in the ACC title game tonight both got DESTROYED by two teams from the middle of the pack in the SEC.

Ok, so the SEC is better than us. What's your point? The SEC is better than everybody.

Sagarin rankings have us at the 15th toughest schedule, so I guess we've beaten somebody this year.

I still think it's Bull ****

It's not fair at all to teams who have busted their ***** all season to get a good record, then a higher up bowl game takes a team with a .500 record

**** FSU

Miami should have just beaten Clemson and UNC like they were supposed to and Canes fans wouldn't have to worry. Regardless, the bowl system is a joke, so I'm not losing any sleep of FSU getting a special invite for Bowden's farewell.

Is it fair . . . nope . . . but in reality, does it really matter?

I honestly can't tell you the last time I watched a bowl game other than the National "Championship," so I really couldn't care less...which is sad, because I love college football outside of the arbitrary bowl games.

Back
Top Bottom