Why does this organization think we are all fools??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does this organization think we are all fools???

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Where do I begin?..First off...the people who have lost respect for Dan Marino are clueless...if anything...you should have gained some for him....he thought this was going to be run a certain way...and when he saw it wasn't...he wanted no part of this sham. Chris Mortensen had it right on. Dan went in there to get this thing started and was told...go take a few months..relax...and come back and we will get you started...Dan thinking...this is the most important time to get started...what the heck is going on??...free agency and the draft right around the corner...and they want me to get lost for a few months??...bells and whistles must have gone off...like crazy.
Secondly...the way the organization handled this whole thing the past couple of days was a joke...denied it...came out with a staement...and on the same day the statement is published...he resigns!!!!...Dan knew by the Super Bowl that he was going to step down..Miami didn't want this to break at the Super Bowl...should have just stepped up and took the hit then and looked somewhat like a class organization then put out all this smoke....
So let me get this straight...all that has really happened is that Dave and Spielman have changed positions...and all is staus quo?...from day one this thing was screwed up...we give the Coach a contract extension...then look for a GM????...isn't this all bacwards?..
I guess I am just trying to say...I think the most of us have seen through this debacle..Dan thought he was really going to be able to change some things..have real input..he knew the hours that would be involved in this...when he saw that that wasn't going to happen...he knew it was a mistake...all that is left now is alot of manuevering and spin doctoring...let me get this straight...Dan didn't realize the hours and starin it would be on his family...till 4 weeks after he accepted the position??????...and he never talked it over with his wife or family or friends????..
ARE WE THAT GULLABLE??????????

sorry for some of the spelling mistakes...but man am I disgusted!!

I feel Marino was enticed by Wayne and probably had good intensions.but as time passed and people wanted to know his thoughts I think it ruffeled some feathers when he spoke of the quarterback position being a priority.The spin doctors are back in control.So i guesse we're going to hear how pats are not really that good and we are ha.:mad:

I really love all those conspiracy theories.

Dan had 2 weeks with the staff. He realized that he has to put in 12-14 hours a day. Why would he want to do it? He had a good life before. Why did his family want to go through that again after 17 years as a player?

Reality check.....Dan decided not to do it. His explanaition is reasonable and acceptable.

I think you are losing my point...not conjuring up any exotic theories...just you put all of these things together..Dan being told to take a few months then get back to us...all those denials that he was having second thoughts...in the time he took the job...both prior and since...the thought of the hours and time away from his family where not discussed?...just overall you have to admit this was a mess from the get go...started from when Dave was given an extension before we hired a GM to Dan resigning...just looks like such a joke to everyone else looking in.

Originally posted by FFiB
I really love all those conspiracy theories.

Dan had 2 weeks with the staff. He realized that he has to put in 12-14 hours a day. Why would he want to do it? He had a good life before. Why did his family want to go through that again after 17 years as a player?

Reality check.....Dan decided not to do it. His explanaition is reasonable and acceptable.

No, it is neither reasonable nor acceptable. It's BS, just like his hiring. He was meant to be a figurehead and once he figured that out, he quit.

Now onto some serius things here. No one really knows why Dan changed his mind. You dont know if something of importance became a family matter. You just dont know. Im sure we will get some truth soon when someone on the inside says something. The thing i dont get is that he denied the report sunday (someone told the papers he was having second thoughts)and today is done!? Its obvious to me that he told someone something the other day and that person spilled the beans when Dan was maybe just saying it out loud when he was confused.

Originally posted by Section126

A joke with the best winning % in all sports.
and nothing to show for it the last 30 years...except wasted talent. If Wanny wants to motivate these primadonnas he should show them A Bronx Tale, and listen to De Niro when he says, "the saddest thing in life is wasted talent."

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
and nothing to show for it the last 30 years...except wasted talent. If Wanny wants to motivate these primadonnas he should show them A Bronx Tale, and listen to De Niro when he says, "the saddest thing in life is wasted talent."
Ahh the Bronx Tale. Great movie reference. :yes: And very true.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

:lol: ...so true:lol:

Beat it Wagons. and i mean that in the nicest way possible. At least Miami fans arent fat farmer women who like to run over people on the way out of the stadium cus they wear a dolphin hat and jay fiedler just beat them for the sixth time.

Back
Top Bottom