Why dont they just give the Marlins the Orange Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why dont they just give the Marlins the Orange Bowl?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
That is something I have been wondering for a while why not just give the Marlins the OB and let the Canes and the Fins play at Joe Robbie?

I would say 1. its not a baseball park, 2. they would probably tear it down and build a new stadium which would cost more money.

Its not a baseball stadium....but neither is Dolphin Stadium

My anwser would be that they want something new and more state of the art

The field would be horrible on Sunday after the Canes played on Saturday.

My answer would be: move to San Antonio.

Relocation doesn't take nearly as long as stadium construction. And the cost is hundreds of millions less.

Baseball teams can move on very short notice. If they wanted to, they could play there next year. And we'd have grass again!!

Muck said:
My answer would be: move to San Antonio.

Relocation doesn't take nearly as long as stadium construction. And the cost is hundreds of millions less.

Baseball teams can move on very short notice. If they wanted to, they could play there next year. And we'd have grass again!!

The MLB told the Marlins that they basically HAVE to stay in Florida, and that they dont want them moving, and have to do their best to stay

Personally I need baseball, because there is a time when Basketball ends...and Football hasnt started...and it sucks

Alex22 said:
The MLB told the Marlins that they basically HAVE to stay in Florida, and that they dont want them moving, and have to do their best to stay

Personally I need baseball, because there is a time when Basketball ends...and Football hasnt started...and it sucks

find a girlfriend for that time frame Alex, you are too young to "need" baseball, you are still in your formative Dolphin years... :cooldude:

cnc66 said:
find a girlfriend for that time frame Alex, you are too young to "need" baseball, you are still in your formative Dolphin years... :cooldude:

I have a girlfriend

There is a difference between the urge for sports and the urge for other things :lol:

Why don't they send the Marlins to Miramar Optimist?

This cheap, pathetic organization isn't gonna win anyways. Our pay roll is pathetic.

Looks like we're satisfied with two World Series Championships, and I really feel bad for all these solid young players we have here now. Once they develop enough to make good money, they're gonna be traded. :rolleyes2

Blueprint said:
Why don't they send the Marlins to Miramar Optimist?

This cheap, pathetic organization isn't gonna win anyways. Our pay roll is pathetic.

Looks like we're satisfied with two World Series Championships....

isn't that the same thing people were saying before 1997 and 2003?

Rocky Raccoon said:
isn't that the same thing people were saying before 1997 and 2003?
Yeah, but this time it looks like they're 100% settling for the bottom. We've got a little steak going now, but we'll never contend for a wild card spot with this horrible pay roll. Florida traded away the entire team again, and it looks like D-Train & Cabs are next. :shakeno:

This organization will never learn. Can't keep rebuilding every time you win a Championship - that's meaningless. You build on what you have.

Blueprint said:
Yeah, but this time it looks like they're 100% settling for the bottom. We've got a little steak going now, but we'll never contend for a wild card spot with this horrible pay roll. Florida traded away the entire team again, and it looks like D-Train & Cabs are next. :shakeno:

This organization will never learn. Can't keep rebuilding every time you win a Championship - that's meaningless. You build on what you have.

they do have a lot of young talent...but we'll see how much of it they keep, probably not much. They really do need to get out of Florida.

Blueprint said:

Truthfully there isnt one position player on the team I look at and say 'wow that guy shouldnt be playing baseball'

The pitchers are another story.......

Alex22 said:

Well that sucks. Thank you Major League Baseball. :rolleyes2

I guess they don't want the Devil Rays to be Florida's only team. :lol:

I am actually just now trying to really get into baseball, the MLB at that. Previously, I'd only watch the playoffs and a couple of Marlins games.

Can you guys tell me what are the odds from a percentage standpoint of the Marlins staying in Florida? I don't wonna get into this team & then they move away; I've been watching them the last week or so.

Back
Top Bottom