Why dont they just give the Marlins the Orange Bowl? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why dont they just give the Marlins the Orange Bowl?

Blueprint said:
I am actually just now trying to really get into baseball, the MLB at that. Previously, I'd only watch the playoffs and a couple of Marlins games.

Can you guys tell me what are the odds from a percentage standpoint of the Marlins staying in Florida? I don't wonna get into this team & then they move away; I've been watching them the last week or so.

I'd say it's about 50-50 right now

Blueprint said:
I am actually just now trying to really get into baseball, the MLB at that. Previously, I'd only watch the playoffs and a couple of Marlins games.

Can you guys tell me what are the odds from a percentage standpoint of the Marlins staying in Florida? I don't wonna get into this team & then they move away; I've been watching them the last week or so.

Personally I think they are staying

They have already rejected a deal with San Antonio, and MLB wants them to stay in Florida, they just need to agree on a stadium deal here, the fans have showed that when we contend we WILL go to games.

Alex22 said:
I have a girlfriend

There is a difference between the urge for sports and the urge for other things :lol:

get a "seasonal" one :cooldude:

yea I know, the football urge is more important...:wink:

Thanks.

Hopefully, the stadium deal gets done then.

If I'm home, I plan on watching the Fish/Giants game at 10 tonight.

Just put a teflon dome on the OB and redesign the field to allow for baseball...that way Mare won't shank anymore big field goals off the Marlin's infield. :tantrum:

byroan said:
The field would be horrible on Sunday after the Canes played on Saturday.

I said let the Fins and Canes have Joe Robbie.
Now for my next question: Wouldn't it be cheaper to renovate the Orange Bowl then to pay for a completely new stadium all together.

PatsSuck456 said:
I said let the Fins and Canes have Joe Robbie.

I know, that's why I said the field would be horrible. The Canes play on Saturday, after that game the grounds people wouldn't be able to get the field fixed in time for Sunday's game for the Phins.

byroan said:
I know, that's why I said the field would be horrible. The Canes play on Saturday, after that game the grounds people wouldn't be able to get the field fixed in time for Sunday's game for the Phins.

Ohhh I thought that you thought the Marlins and Canes would play in the same stadium.

Blueprint said:

I dont have a percentage but if you dont wanna get attached just become a mets fan since half of florida is New Yorkers anyway. You should feel right at home :goof:

Roman529 said:
Just put a teflon dome on the OB and redesign the field to allow for baseball...that way Mare won't shank anymore big field goals off the Marlin's infield. :tantrum:

The OB is not in the cards. They need a new stadium. Let's get behind this team people. No more of this fair weather BS. If more people show up to these games then it will help the fish get what they need.

How about they have the Marlins play at the field where Northwestern High School plays? It's a true baseball field, and it's not like they need more than a few hundred seats for the fans.

Moving the Canes to Dolphin Stadium wouldn't work on several levels. One, as noted, the field would be in terrible shape unless they ripped up the grass and installed field turf. Two, Dolphin Stadium is a good half-hour away from campus (much more in gameday traffic), and that would have the effect of making it harder for the student population to attend games. Three, the University (in conjunction, I think, with the city) just announced that they are sinking a lot of money into OB renovations, so they're committed to the OB for the long haul.

phunwin said:
How about they have the Marlins play at the field where Northwestern High School plays? It's a true baseball field, and it's not like they need more than a few hundred seats for the fans.
:fire: The fans need to stop whinning and go to the games.

That's the only place I would want them to move. It's a little closer to G'ville.

Back
Top Bottom