Why Edwards? We have Booker & Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Edwards? We have Booker & Chambers

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looks like we're stuck at two. This completely sucks, but it's reality.

There's talk we're going with Edwards. But Booker is a guy who showed he was a #1 receiver for a couple years in Chicago. Since then, he's been hurt and has played on crappy offenses. And last year, he was traded to the Fins about a week before the season began!

Chambers is a good #1 but a great #2. He can concentrate on being a deep threat. Starting with his rookie year, this was his strength.

I have researched Edwards the last day, and while he looks awfully good, why would we pick him? How often will we have three receivers on the field even in a Linehan system? And will it matter if we have three great receivers if we have crappy RB's and QB's?

Linehan can run a 3 WR set to perfection that's why. All three are good run blockers as well.

LostInPatsLand said:
It looks like we're stuck at two. This completely sucks, but it's reality.

QUOTE]

It sucks more being stuck at #3. :roflmao:

Jaj said:
Linehan can run a 3 WR set to perfection that's why. All three are good run blockers as well.
Well, I guess next season we're gonna find out what Feeley is really made of. My fingers are crossed big time.

I don't care if Linehan loves 3 WR sets -- one or all of the WRs is going to be disappointed with his role if we draft Edwards or Williams. It is very likely to be in our best interest to move Booker along to a team like the Eagles for a 2nd if we can get that done even though that's as bad (or worse) than Pat for a 2nd in terms of realizing a player's true value.

I wish we could just trade down, get one of 3 RBs, Mark Clayton or a defensive player.

Who feels like killing the cap with an outregous signing bonus to a player who may not be worth it in the long run.

Get more for less is what I always say.

Maybe because Edwards is a number 1 receiver and Chambers and Booker aren't?

Putting Edwards on one side of the field and Chambers acrosss from him makes it a certainty that defense's can't double team both receivers...now all they have to do is double up on Chambers...and we have nothing....place Edwards in there and the safeties can't play up without one of them burning the defense....place the safeties back and that only helps the running game. Thats why Edwards.

Jaj said:

Not going to matter if the QB's suck at getting the ball to them. Say what you will about Frerotte in Minnesota, but keep in mind those "good" games were against teams with soft as charmin secondaries.

fishypete said:

Just what was Booker doing in 2001 and 2002 (and 2003 when he wasn't hurt)?

Just because he got traded about 3 minutes before the season started and was terrible on a terrible Dolphins O last year doesn't mean he suddenly sucks. He's #1 material.

Edwards Is The Best Pick

Being stuck at #2 I feel Phins have to go with Edwards, the QB's are not franchise types, RB's can be found in the late late rounds just ask Emitt Smith (5th rd) and Terrell Davis (6th rd). Now WR's make a bigger impact & one can they will flop faster as well, so you don't waste much time on them. If you combine Chambers deep threat abiltiy, Bookers over the middle presence, then add Edwards to give that mis match deep threat, this offense goes from being run oriented for past 8 years to a juggernaut, if they can block.

fishypete said:

Booker has been a #1 before with rather mediocre quarterbacks and I feel Chambers can thrive in the right offensive system with the right QB.

Jimmy James said:

Just because he got traded about 3 minutes before the season started and was terrible on a terrible Dolphins O last year doesn't mean he suddenly sucks. He's #1 material.

Maybe at one time....but he isn't playing like a number 1 now. To compare Edwards to Booker is a joke....Booker will never be what Edwards can be...with him and Chambers...Booker would be the 3rd receiver on the field.

Jimmy James said:

now, i'm actually a booker fan, but is he a TRUE #1? He's not really a receiving threat, he's more of a posessino receiver IMO. GREAT #2 man, but lackluster as the #1 man. I think chambers is #1 potential, but he hasn't lived up to it...though he hasn't ever had a real QB throwing to him. Anyway, i wouldn't argue with Edwards coming to Miami, though we have other needs. If we draft at #2 we're going to be paying #2 money. Might as well be for the best player in the draft IMO.

FiN.in.RI said:
Booker has been a #1 before with rather mediocre quarterbacks and I feel Chambers can thrive in the right offensive system with the right QB.

Chambers can thrive as a 2 receiver....not as a one.

Back
Top Bottom