Why Eric Rowe Gives The Dolphins’ Secondary The Best Chance To Succeed In 2019— A Film Study

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jun 28, 2019.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

Much like he did with his coaching staff, Flores looked for players that he, or his staff, may have coached in college or professionally. One player Flores was very familiar with was Eric Rowe. And when Miami inked Rowe to a 1-year deal worth $3.5-million guaranteed, one thing was very clear. Rowe would have an opportunity to prove his worth on a new roster, as the team’s inevitable #2 defensive back.

Let’s take a look at Eric Rowe and what he can bring to the 2019 Miami Dolphins.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/6...-secondary-the-best-chance-to-succeed-in-2019

13marino13, mwestberry and Roby-4 like this.
  2. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I don’t care who steps up, him or Tankersley (unlikely with his current health) but someone needs to give us just average play at that #2 cb spot

Our depth for outside corner is pretty rough ... if X goes down we will be in big trouble. At least we have some young guys who could man the slot if McCain were to get hurt

13marino13 likes this.
  3. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

Should be interesting to see how this develops. If Tankersley returns to his rookie form it could be a good battle. That's if either or both can stay healthy.

4. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

Definitely depends on how they use the secondary. Their literally the only hope of being a top 10 unit on the defense. Maybe even the team.

5. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

What rookie form? He had 1 good game during his rookie season when Maxwell was injured. What is this urban legend about Tank having a great rookie season???

Ren and Mach2 like this.
  6. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

He showed promise his rookie season. No one said he was headed to the Pro Bowl.

7. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

I don't remember it that way, at all.

He is far more physically gifted than Lippett was, yet Tony was a better corner.

Any time Tank was in man, there was a 50/50 chance if a flag being thrown. That also happens to be the "knock" on him, when he came out.

I know he was a rookie, but his technique blew, and I haven't had any reason to believe that has changed.

BenchFiedler likes this.
  8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Tanks rookie year showed promise and a unexpected willingness to put his body on the line to stop the ball in contain. Well he was more willing than expected let’s put it that way.

His sophomore year was nothing more than a disaster. And that was before he was lost for the year.

9. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

Same legend that suggests Charles Harris has showed promise.

BenchFiedler likes this.
  10. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

Duds....nothing more, nothing less