why exactly does mckinney suck? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why exactly does mckinney suck?

he hasn't shown the ability to call the right blocking adjustments at the line of scrimmage. As well as getting tossed around like a rag doll..., as previously mentioned.

Seth Sucks because any NFL caliber interior lineman will throw him to his feet. He was good in college, because they're a lot smaller. He lost the two games he started at guard in place of jamie nails. He's NFL caliber, just not a starter.

People who assert that McKinney can't make the right line calls crack me up. On what basis is this confident assertion made? Have you reviewed game tape and understood what calls Mckinney messed up? I don't think so.

Rumors like this get started and fans drink it up. Has McKinney messed up a line call? Probably. How many times? How do you know that he "struggles" with making the right calls? Just because Foester wanted to let the QB be more Manning-like and make some line calls doesn't mean that McKinney has a problem.

You would think that the offensive lineman would know what their reponsibility is in the huddle...wouldn't you?

Communication on the line is critical...but, it doesn't always involve the center making a last second announcement. It needs to be more subtle than that most of the time.

Obviously, there is a fair amount of deception from the defense. Are line calls always necessary? Absolutely not. It does depend on what kind of blocking scheme is being run (zone blocking) and the play calling in the huddle.

With a new OL coach, he should improve. If Saban thinks after training camp that he improved enough to start at Center, then I'm all for it. I feel right now his best chance may be at guard. He'd be good depth at the very least. I'm unsure of Hadnot at center. Not saying bad move or he won't be good, just unsure.

PhinstiGator said:
People who assert that McKinney can't make the right line calls crack me up. On what basis is this confident assertion made? Have you reviewed game tape and understood what calls Mckinney messed up? I don't think so.
Hard to argue with that. :D

He is not the guy you shoukld have a C the most important o-line postion he doesnt have much control up there we need a better guy up there and move MckInney to G

Phinstigator, you are one in a million on this board that has a clue . I posted on here several times until I gave completely up and now it's just amusing the things you read here. It doesn't matter what the call is, it's what happens after the snap that counts. Last year we had a couple of guys that COULD NOT adjust on the move and could not communicate with each other and that affected the whole bunch. If anyone on this board knows a call Seth blew then speak up. You may have seen an assignment you thought he blew but you don't have a clue about calls.

Back
Top Bottom