Why I think Ramsey will be traded.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I think Ramsey will be traded....

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
2 reasons.

First and fore most, the guy can simply become a trouble maker for Gibbs, by not showing to practice, basically forcing Joe to trade him.

Second, I don't know how many people have thought about this, but I don't expect Joe Gibbs to make his second NFL stint a lengthy one. I would estimate 3 years tops, and he can get back to doing his racing thing. If he had that much of a desire to return to the NFL for another decade, he'd have done it years ago.

That said, Joe Gibbs has one thing on his mind, which is most evident in his desire for Mark Brunell, to win now cause he ain't gonna be around to see this thing through.

Mark Brunell will be the Skins starter in 2004....

Patrick Ramsey will not be on the roster in 2004....

Patrick Ramsey would look good in M......;)

And I wanted to add a question:

I've seen alot of people against PR's potential acquisition.

I'd love to know why, cause I'll say honestly to all those who wouldn't trade the No.20 pick in the draft for him, your a complete idiot.

I saw a poll at the sun-sentinal.com in which 58% of fins fans were against the trade, and to me it was just mind boggling.

The first thing that jumped out to me, as a possible explanation, is that fans would be reluctant to give up the pick, WHICH MAKES NO SENSE. Do these people just want Miami to have a No.1 pick on draft day so they have something to watch and cheer for.

Honestly, I am flabbergasted. I mean I want to have a No.1 pick too, I want to watch the draft and eagerly anticipates Miami's first selection, but damn people, I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey.

For all those who don't agree with me on Ramsey, I apologize for calling you an idiot. BUT, if you don't agree with me on this, I really do think your an idiot.

Originally posted by Stamos

For all those who don't agree with me on Ramsey, I apologize for calling you an idiot. BUT, if you don't agree with me on this, I really do think your an idiot.

I agree, but I would've made that statement alone in a new thread.. big font, underlined, bold, and red. :up:

yes, they just want a #1 pick....so they can say they have one as we've only seen 1 in about 5 years if I'm not mistaken....[edit: and wasn't it used as a bust on Fletcher?]

...if we let Ogun go we may still get/have a #1 pick and that'd be nice to spend on Clayton though :)

I respect Gibbs but I don't respect him as much as I did man this guy has told the starter that they will make a trade for Brunell which tells him that the Coach thinks Brunell is better which I believe they close to the same. The only reason I want Brunell he is probably a little better than Fielder and at first we were going to get him off of waviers which that would mean that we could keep our 20th pick to draft Rivers or Henson an that would put us in good shape. I don't really know but I think Ramsey is getting screwed an Ramsey knows it and so do the fans. It is about like the Alvin Harper thing when he was with the Cowboys he were'nt the best on the team but he was a big chunk of the offense they traded him when they did'nt have to. I feel the same for Ramsey.

Originally posted by Stamos
2 reasons.

First and fore most, the guy can simply become a trouble maker for Gibbs, by not showing to practice, basically forcing Joe to trade him.

Is that the type of attitude we wanna bring into this club....?

I'm all for Ramsey, but one of the few reasons I would like to see him here is that he appears to be a stand up guy.

If he's not traded, I think he'll ride the bench like a good boy. But I believe he'll be let go for a #1.

Why I think Ramsey WON'T BE TRADED

Joe Gibbs said that he would NOT be traded. He's not on the table. He never was. He never will be. Ramsey is a Redskin in 2004 because he is a very good QB and has a low cap #. Ramsey said yesterday that he will NOT seek a trade.

I'm not yet convinced that the Skins will even get Brunell. Inspite of previous reports, it's not a done deal. And Gibbs is looking elsewhere (Dilfer, Garcia) already.

Re: Why I think Ramsey WON'T BE TRADED

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
Ramsey is a Redskin in 2004 because he is a very good QB and has a low cap #. Ramsey said yesterday that he will NOT seek a trade.

Watch what happens after Brunell is acquired, and he knows he's not gonna start in Washington, when he could start elsewhere.

Gibbs is the worst thing that will ever happen to Ramsey, cause Gibbs will turn the franchise around, then retire again.

Re: Why I think Ramsey WON'T BE TRADED

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
Joe Gibbs said that he would NOT be traded. He's not on the table. He never was. He never will be. Ramsey is a Redskin in 2004 because he is a very good QB and has a low cap #. Ramsey said yesterday that he will NOT seek a trade.

Hmmmm.... I seem to remember the Saints saying they were not interested in trading Ricky Williams... I also remember the Dolphins saying they weren't interested in a Ricky Williams trade.

It's all posturing... The Redskins aren't to come outright and say, we don't want Ramsey as our starter, because if their plan to land Brunell, or the several other veterans they are looking at, fails... they will be stuck with a disgruntled starting QB.

I truly think they were trying to fly under the radar on this one... but Jacksonville, in an effort to make the price as high as possible, screwed it up for them. Now, they HAVE to do something. Ramsey will NOT sit around on the bench and watch his free agent calue drop while they bring in a veteran to "compete" with him. And, with Miami coming out and basically saying they will give up a high price for him, and make him "THE guy", he will demand a trade.

Now, Washington has two options.

A) say Jacksonville was full of it... keep Ramsey and stick with him.

B) bring in a new STARTER and trade Ramsey

... any other scenario just isn't going to work.

Re: Re: Why I think Ramsey will be traded....

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Is that the type of attitude we wanna bring into this club....?

Don't misinterupt my quote. Patrick is a standup guy, by all accounts. But if push comes to shove, and he's on the bench, he has every right to seek a trade or become enough of a problem with management to force them into trading him. That wouldn't show negatively towards his attitude, it might not be the best thing for the team, but that in no way would be a detriment for a team looking to add him.

Patrick has been snubbed, he needs to look out for his own interests now, not whats best for the Washington Redskins.

His attitude is precisely what we need to bring to our club.

Re: Re: Why I think Ramsey WON'T BE TRADED

Originally posted by grooves12

Hmmmm.... I seem to remember the Saints saying they were not interested in trading Ricky Williams... I also remember the Dolphins saying they weren't interested in a Ricky Williams trade.

It's all posturing...

Bingo, EVERYTHING in the NFL is all about posturing. NO ONE TELLS THE TRUTH EEEEEEEVER!!!!!

Saying this or not will or won't happen because of what a coach said in FEBRUARY is ludacris. These guys never want to lose leverage, and thats precisely what Joe Gibbs is doing.

I'd believe the Iraqi foregin minister before I believed anything an NFL exec said "on the record".

anotehr reason how you know hes gonna be traded...

the dreaded vote of confidence, once someone higher up says youre not going anywhere, it's usually a sign youre on your way out.

hahaha, as for the rest of the post stamos you should read through the huge thread on the breaking news of ramsey a lot of pro/against arguments there

i lead the pro arguments and have been driving the patrick ramsey bandwagon, welcom aboard

sure, i could use a break... the breaking news thread took a lot out of me, i had to have some other guys pick up the slack for a while

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

hahaha, as for the rest of the post stamos you should read through the huge thread on the breaking news of ramsey a lot of pro/against arguments there

heck no, anyone who knows me, knows I am a "first page poster".

I HATE long threads, which is a big reason why I never used to post here. I prefer the short threads, and whenever my opinion vastly differs from a big majority, I just start my own threads. Hell most of the time I don't even read more then 5-6 responses. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom