Why I think Ramsey will be traded.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I think Ramsey will be traded....

i hate long threads too, but i hate posts like this too because then i have to repeat everything i say and it gets obnoxious, but for the record a few of my pro ramsey arguments were:

everyone wanted a young qb who could start soon and be around for the future
Ramsey is 24 (equal to henson, close to eli)
Rocket for an arm which everyone wanted
causes less turnovers than our current QBs
2 years experience, no awkward delivery, shown he can cut it in the pros
Played on a line and with blocking/offensive schemes designed to get him killed or his numbers would have been better
Every team knew they were gonna throw a lot and prepped for it too
Low cap number enables us to bring in better free agents at OL/WR
Our first round picks in the past have been nothing to write home about, plus we have no idea who will fall to us and what theyll be
Ricky/Ramsey backfield just sounds right

i could literally go on all night about the positives about this deal, but another person brought up a great point. even if we dont end up with him spielman did a hell of a job just making a play for him and making gibbs out to be a liar to either brunell (guaranteed a job or he wouldn't go there) or ramsey (guaranteed a shot at the job) so hopefully the whole thing blows up in the skins face and we can make out nicely.

Re: Re: Why I think Ramsey WON'T BE TRADED

Originally posted by grooves12

Hmmmm.... I seem to remember the Saints saying they were not interested in trading Ricky Williams... I also remember the Dolphins saying they weren't interested in a Ricky Williams trade.

Joe Gibbs is NOT a Randy Mueller type. I don't see a comparison there. Gibbs wants a VET QB on his roster. Ramsey is still given the chance to compete for the starting spot.

It's all posturing... The Redskins aren't to come outright and say, we don't want Ramsey as our starter, because if their plan to land Brunell, or the several other veterans they are looking at, fails... they will be stuck with a disgruntled starting QB.

Ramsey is disgruntled because they did not properly communicate what they were attempting to do with acquiring a VET QB. And then Ramsey started to believe the reports in the media...some that are untrue. They met yesterday and Ramsey knows what he has to do.

I truly think they were trying to fly under the radar on this one... but Jacksonville, in an effort to make the price as high as possible, screwed it up for them. Now, they HAVE to do something. Ramsey will NOT sit around on the bench and watch his free agent calue drop while they bring in a veteran to "compete" with him. And, with Miami coming out and basically saying they will give up a high price for him, and make him "THE guy", he will demand a trade.

If he is promised a chance to start...he will work his butt off to win the spot. It will make the team better in the end. Of course, he has to get that boot removed from his foot first.

Now, Washington has two options.

A) say Jacksonville was full of it... keep Ramsey and stick with him.

B) bring in a new STARTER and trade Ramsey

... any other scenario just isn't going to work.

I see a third option. They will bring in a VET QB just like they told Ramsey they would. Whether it be Brunell, Garcia, or Dilfer...they will all compete for the starting position and someone will earn it.

The thing that Gibbs was probably not thinking of is that he would be hurting Ramseys value by bringing in a vet. Gibbs really has no experience in today's modern era of Free Agency and salary cap.

I think that it is interesting that the Jags have still NOT given us permission to talk to Brunell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Stamos
And I wanted to add a question:

I've seen alot of people against PR's potential acquisition.

I'd love to know why, cause I'll say honestly to all those who wouldn't trade the No.20 pick in the draft for him, your a complete idiot.

I saw a poll at the sun-sentinal.com in which 58% of fins fans were against the trade, and to me it was just mind boggling.

The first thing that jumped out to me, as a possible explanation, is that fans would be reluctant to give up the pick, WHICH MAKES NO SENSE. Do these people just want Miami to have a No.1 pick on draft day so they have something to watch and cheer for.

Honestly, I am flabbergasted. I mean I want to have a No.1 pick too, I want to watch the draft and eagerly anticipates Miami's first selection, but damn people, I'd rather have Patrick Ramsey.

For all those who don't agree with me on Ramsey, I apologize for calling you an idiot. BUT, if you don't agree with me on this, I really do think your an idiot.

Im with you Stamos. The guys a stud and will be a star for years. I would make this trade in a second, and would give up a #1 AND a second day pick for him. Hes my number one choice right now for QB of the present/future .

(Having said that, I dont believe WASH will give him up).

Originally posted by Surferosa

Im with you Stamos. The guys a stud and will be a star for years. I would make this trade in a second, and would give up a #1 AND a second day pick for him. Hes my number one choice right now for QB of the present/future .

(Having said that, I dont believe WASH will give him up).

Your a wise man. :cool:

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i hate long threads too, but i hate posts like this too because then i have to repeat everything i say and it gets obnoxious, but for the record a few of my pro ramsey arguments were:

everyone wanted a young qb who could start soon and be around for the future
Ramsey is 24 (equal to henson, close to eli)
Rocket for an arm which everyone wanted
causes less turnovers than our current QBs
2 years experience, no awkward delivery, shown he can cut it in the pros
Played on a line and with blocking/offensive schemes designed to get him killed or his numbers would have been better
Every team knew they were gonna throw a lot and prepped for it too
Low cap number enables us to bring in better free agents at OL/WR
Our first round picks in the past have been nothing to write home about, plus we have no idea who will fall to us and what theyll be
Ricky/Ramsey backfield just sounds right

i could literally go on all night about the positives about this deal, but another person brought up a great point. even if we dont end up with him spielman did a hell of a job just making a play for him and making gibbs out to be a liar to either brunell (guaranteed a job or he wouldn't go there) or ramsey (guaranteed a shot at the job) so hopefully the whole thing blows up in the skins face and we can make out nicely.

I couldn't be happier with Speilman right now. Just knowing he's trying to get Ramsey is enough to make me 10 times more secure in his ability GMing then Dave's.

Re: Re: Re: Why I think Ramsey will be traded....

But if push comes to shove, and he's on the bench, he has every right to seek a trade or become enough of a problem with management to force them into trading him. That wouldn't show negatively towards his attitude, it might not be the best thing for the team, but that in no way would be a detriment for a team looking to add him.

Patrick has been snubbed, he needs to look out for his own interests now, not whats best for the Washington Redskins.

His attitude is precisely what we need to bring to our club.

I disagree, he signed the contract and plays the game just like everybody else, and he can be benched in favor of a better option, just like everybody else. That in no way intitles him to become a nuisence or a problem for this franchise in any attempt to be traded and will be looked at carefully if such actions were to take place. It is immature and unproffesional. A Rb or a WR may be able to get away with such actions as Ditching practices or skipping meetings but a potential team leader has no room to do so if he expects a future with another club as locker room leader and field general of that franchise.

Voicing his opinion is one thing, "looking out for his own interests", without respect to the club that owns his rights is another.

I know it's so cliche', but there is no "I" in team.

Ramsey won't be traded, so the trade talk can end now.

Redskins | Ramsey Meets with Gibbs; Won't be Traded - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:50:38 -0800

Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs met with QB Patrick Ramsey to address the team's interest in QB Mark Brunell (Jaguars). Gibbs told Ramsey that he will not be traded and will compete for the starting QB job with any QB that the Redskins acquire during the offseason. Ramsey said that Gibbs told him he has a "bright future with the Redskins." Ramsey said his main concern was a combination of a lot of things that took him by surprise. "It was cleared up today," Ramsey said. He went on to add that he does not want to be traded to another team.

Come on man, do you really want to give our first round pick for Ramsey?? It's not worth it!!

:band: :drinkers: :party: :thewave: :party: :drinkers: :band:

A little off topic - but I just passed 200 posts, I'm considering it my first Finheaven Milestone :D

Now I'm just 300 points away from some of that fancy glowy stuff for my nickname, then i'll feel like part of the family :lol:

If he is traded I hope him and Jason Taylor can make up after that concusion Taylor gave him last year. :goof:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
Now I'm just 300 points away from some of that fancy glowy stuff for my nickname, then i'll feel like part of the family :lol:

Not anymore....

Here have some points.

heck no, anyone who knows me, knows I am a "first page poster".

I HATE long threads, which is a big reason why I never used to post here. I prefer the short threads, and whenever my opinion vastly differs from a big majority, I just start my own threads. Hell most of the time I don't even read more then 5-6 responses. :lol:

ADHD?

or

ADD? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom