why i think we should let welker go... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why i think we should let welker go...

what we need are five main spots to upgrade: LT, WR, CB, NT, and OLB.

we have the #9 pick in the draft with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

we need to target Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements via FA. Then, by letting Welker go...we can restructure Booker's contract and sign Kevin Curtis who is a speedster to replace Welker.

Curtis has the ability that Welker doesnt have to play the "outside" when he comes in and then we can move Chambers to the slot with Booker being a reliable possession receiver.

Hagan can back Booker up with Vick becoming our KR/PR.

This would open up our draft options come time for the draft.

We can then have the options to either draft a NT, OLB, or QB to replace Harrington at #9. Or we can trade down. :wink:
Why would you re-sign Booker who can't stay healthy, and release a guy in Welker that is always trying to do his best and is more healthy then Booker will ever be.

that's not what i stated...i said "let welker go"...who is an RFA...and UPGRADE using his cap space for a SPEEDSTER by the name of KEVIN CURTIS...never said to replace the #3 WR with Vick.

Vick would be kept to play KR/PR- thats it! Vick only counts as $0.3mil Would Welker settle for that? If so, then let them compete at training camp.

But Welker isnt fit to be our speedster which would allow Chambers to move to the slot. Get it now?

Sheesh! Where do these guys come from? :shakeno:

The of gist of Ed's theory IMO is; If some team wants to throw ridiculous amounts of money at Wes specifically more than what the powers that be in Davie think he's worth than let him go and pick up an extra draft pick.

In the meantime, sign Curtis to enhance the WR corps. I was in favor of a similar idea.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=178514&highlight=Curtis

Curtis + Extra pick > Wes IMO.

In fact, Bring Aromashodu back and let Marcus go.

we have the #9 pick in the draft with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

we need to target Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements via FA. Then, by letting Welker go...we can restructure Booker's contract and sign Kevin Curtis who is a speedster to replace Welker.

Curtis has the ability that Welker doesnt have to play the "outside" when he comes in and then we can move Chambers to the slot with Booker being a reliable possession receiver.

We can then have the options to either draft a NT, OLB, or QB to replace Harrington at #9. Or we can trade down. :wink:

I agree with replacing Wes Welker. He can do many different things and has reliable hands for the most part. He can do many things adequately but no one thing at an elite level. I'd rather have Chris Henry or Brandon Stokely as a Y (slot) receiver. However, I don't think you can merely sign Nate Clements or Eric Steinbach without sacrificing some talent on the defensive line. I would be perfectly ok with that.

Our salary cap situation resembles that of the Tennessee Titans two seasons ago. They were forced to make tough decisions like releasing Steve McNair and Derrick Mason but they'll be the better for it in the future. I'm not in favor of your personnel moves however I do like the discussion. The Dolphins should read your post!

we have ZERO NTs on the roster right now...so Im glad YOU arent running/ruining our team....:rolleyes2
Truck(will be resigned), Fred Evans, Kevin Vickerson, Daddy Wilks they can all play NT.....im so glad ur not our GM:shakeno:..... FOOL!!!!:fire:

welker is average at best

but most of the people on this board can relate to an undersized/slow athletically challenged player...
Hah u can say that about a player who plays with all his heart???.........thats exactly wut they said about ZT coming out of college.

Not Big enought, to slow can tackle all that BS.......Welker led us in Rec i really dont think we just leave him out in the cold!!!!!!!

Plus ur goona say that about the all time leading Punt returner in Div 1 NCAA football History??????............yep he def lacks athletic talent!!!!!

Dude u are soooooooooo right please o please be out new HC or GM i am dying to see ur amazing team u put together!!!!!!!

:eek: They will be mind blowing!!!!

I agree with replacing Wes Welker. He can do many different things and has reliable hands for the most part. He can do many things adequately but no one thing at an elite level. I'd rather have Chris Henry or Brandon Stokely as a Y (slot) receiver. However, I don't think you can merely sign Nate Clements or Eric Steinbach without sacrificing some talent on the defensive line. I would be perfectly ok with that.

Our salary cap situation resembles that of the Tennessee Titans two seasons ago. They were forced to make tough decisions like releasing Steve McNair and Derrick Mason but they'll be the better for it in the future. I'm not in favor of your personnel moves however I do like the discussion. The Dolphins should read your post!

Uh. Wha?

Rip Van Winkle is that you?

clear.gif
I see you have had your thinking cap on. :rolleyes:

What says Vick can't do better then Welker? He is faster thats a given, has decents hands and has more then enough time to improve as a WR I say we throw him in as our #4 let him do KR/PR and Welker could be some good trade. we don't need to improve our WR spots we have other lacking areas and welker could be the key to improve them. the rest of the league would like to him on their team so he is good trade. It could be a terrible mistake but sometimes you need to take a risk.

Mr.Ed has like 90% of the board against him, but surely he's smarter and knows more about football than ALL of us.

:rolleyes:

get over yourself Mr.Ed.

Welker stays

Ok, nine year old....:rolleyes2

I agree with you 100%.This guy has produced 2 touchdowns in 3 years of receiving,punt and kickoff returns is pathetic to say the least.
I like Welker and his huge heart but to get better we have to have better players and they will be available in the draft.Johnnie Lee Higgins would be someone I would take a serious look at as well as Ginn.

I know...Im not even going to waste my time responding to some of these kids...they dont even understand football

these were the same "san francisco residents:wink: "...that rode the Joey's won 4 in a row bandwagon... (if you know what im talking about) :lol:

Cut Chambers. The guy is an under achiever. He's drops tons of balls, doesn't score much, can't get open. Oh wait, yeah, we probably wouldn't get much for Chambers, so, let's trade the ONE receiver who has been really consistently good for us. Dumb move. Keep Vick, and boot Welker? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Vick isn't proven, unless you're talking about him proving that he can be a little unstable on and off the field. Think about what Welker could be like, if he wasn't the ONE GUY that the qb could depend on to catch the ball? What if we had a decent threat going long? Welker would be having a field day catching balls all over the place, if the defense actually had to play defense down the field.

Back
Top Bottom