Why is everyone saying Hensons needs to years to get ready? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone saying Hensons needs to years to get ready?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok I get the fact that he's been out of football for a while and hasn't played in the NFL yet. But, if we're all so high on him then why would we all say that he needs two years? He's been playing baseball not brain damaged. Whoever we get to learn behind Brunell, Warner, Garcia, WHOEVER should be expected to play mop up for the first year and then start the following year. Henson has the ability to pick where he's going and he doesn't want to go into a situation knowing for the next twenty some months he's going to be holding a clip board. He's just as ready to come in and play as Eli Manning or anyone else. Dan didn't spend two years on the bench why should this guy?

I don't think he played many games in college. So he has to learn how to play at a high level for a long time before anyone could really feel comfortable turning a franchise over to him. He still has that questionmark left.

He has all the tools, that's a GREAT place to start, but it doesn't garauntee he will be a sucess.

Oliver...

Henson is not just a rookie. That alone usually means a year of pine time. Henson is coming off of a very long layoff AND was incredibly inexperienced prior to that.

Yeah, he's going to have to take a lot of time to get used to the speed of the NFL. Young QB's out of college always say that the game is so much faster then college, and they've been active the last year or 2, Henson hasn't. Henson has plenty of upside, no doubt about it, whoever gets him is getting a QB for the future. He needs is sideline gracing period to pick things up and learn systems ect. He will be a good on, just not next season right away.

If Miami can acquire him and get him down to Davie he can learn the offense and the get to know the guys and he will be that much better!!...Maybe basball grew him up and he is ready by mid year!!

Anyone remember Chad Hutchinson... the QB in Dallas...

He was out of FB for a while, but was supposed to be this huge talent... He does not even start now!

Plus Henson only played two years at Michigan and only started one full year!

Originally posted by Oboy
Anyone remember Chad Hutchinson... the QB in Dallas...

He was out of FB for a while, but was supposed to be this huge talent... He does not even start now!

Plus Henson only played two years at Michigan and only started one full year!

That may be an unfair comparison though bro. Just because Hutch busted doesn't mean Henson will.

How is is unfair to compare him to the exact same situation of a player just like him? Both huge talents, both inexperienced, bith sat out for a few years and came back.

That's the definition of a fair comparison.

we have to go with Rivers. He can start this year I believe. Henson would be better suited with a team like GB, KC, or Pittsburgh who don't need someone to play NOW. I just hope Buffalo don't steal Rivers from us. That's my biggest worry.

Did you know he started over brady in college?

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
How is is unfair to compare him to the exact same situation of a player just like him? Both huge talents, both inexperienced, bith sat out for a few years and came back.

That's the definition of a fair comparison.

No...its stereotyping. They'd have to be the same exact person for it to be realistically fair.

i cant see why anyone thinks even rivers can start this year. How often does a rookie play SB caliber football his first year in the NFL?! I say SB caliber because we all know thats what we want, or atleast 2nd round of the playoffs.

I remember somone said, right before the JAX game, that our D eats up rookie QB's. We got 3 picks and he halted his outstanding play. Our D is talented, but very plain. Think of a rook playing against the Pat D twice. He couldnt do it. Not only that, but we play the Hawks, Titans, Niners, Baltimore(i think..dont remember) next year. All good defensive teams, that I think would be good enough to handle a rookie QB.

Originally posted by bobdroopy
Did you know he started over brady in college?

Where did you get that info.from?

2000 SEASON
Played in 9 games, started 8 games.
1999 SEASON
Played in 10 games behind Tom Brady … Completed 47 of 90 passes (52.2 percent) for 546 yards, 3 touchdowns and a pair of interceptions … Scored once on 27 carries … Averaged 53.2 yards per game in total offense.
1998 SEASON
Appeared in eight games as a reserve behind Tom Brady, finishing with 254 yards on 21 of 47 passes (44.7 percent) with 3 touchdowns and an interception.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

No...its stereotyping. They'd have to be the same exact person for it to be realistically fair.

Realistic fairness only occurs in fairytales. In the real world, you need to make comparisons, especially when you have a player that offers so little to judge him by. 8 starts and a private workout is hardly confidence inspiring for a player some are saying we should give up a 1st for.

Originally posted by rafael

Realistic fairness only occurs in fairytales. In the real world, you need to make comparisons, especially when you have a player that offers so little to judge him by. 8 starts and a private workout is hardly confidence inspiring for a player some are saying we should give up a 1st for.

Have you bothered to read what the respected QB coach that's working him out has had to say about him?

Professionals build their reps on being accurate and reliable...so you're saying this guy's putting all of that on the line for just another guy he's throwing the ball around with?

Back
Top Bottom