Why is everyone saying Hensons needs to years to get ready? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone saying Hensons needs to years to get ready?

This topic came up on the radio up here this morning about the Steelers taking him. Even one of the local sports guys up here said that he felt that Henson was the best QB he's ever seen play for Michigan. Seems I hear nothing but good things about him. If all this is true, pending a workout, wouldn't be worth a #2(trading to Houston to acquire him) to get a starting quality QB? It seems to me that's a pretty good deal, basically drafting a solid QB in the second round. And Damn Wanne for not drafting him last year.

He never started over brady they split time for awhile Griese did however start over brady. As a Michigan fan i watched every game.

I've never seen Henson play, so i honestly dont know. But if hes as good as everyone says, we should definately trade for him. In a year or 2, after he gets used to the game again....daaaaaaaang, lol.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Have you bothered to read what the respected QB coach that's working him out has had to say about him?

Professionals build their reps on being accurate and reliable...so you're saying this guy's putting all of that on the line for just another guy he's throwing the ball around with?

Yeah I've read it and it's no more impressive than the things Rivers' coach said about Rivers. One difference is that Hensons coach is basing his opinion on watching Henson throw through through tires while the Rivers opinion was based on live game pressure situations. The other difference is we have 51 games to base our assessment of Rivers and 8 games to base our assessment of Henson. And by the way those 8 games happened a long time ago.

Originally posted by rafael

Yeah I've read it and it's no more impressive than the things Rivers' coach said about Rivers. One difference is that Hensons coach is basing his opinion on watching Henson throw through through tires while the Rivers opinion was based on live game pressure situations. The other difference is we have 51 games to base our assessment of Rivers and 8 games to base our assessment of Henson. And by the way those 8 games happened a long time ago.

I'm in no way saying Henson is "more impressive" than Rivers...all in all, I think they're equally impressive as far as upside and as capability to start. Henson would be better due to the possibilities we have with this year's draft in addition.

You've got Huthinson syndrome and can't see past your Rivers Goggles is all.

I'm in no way saying Henson is "more impressive" than Rivers...all in all, I think they're equally impressive as far as upside and as capability to start. Henson would be better due to the possibilities we have with this year's draft in addition.

You've got Huthinson syndrome and can't see past your Rivers Goggles is all.

What I'm saying is that Henson is a bigger risk. The only advantage MAY be that he is cheaper in terms of draft picks. I say may b/c nobody knows yet what the price will be and bidding wars have a way of inflating value. But even if Henson is available for a future pick I'm not sure that the small advantage is worth the risk. If I offerred you the option of Carr for a first or Hutchinson for a second, Carr would be the no-brainer choice. If I had made that offer prior to anyone seeing Hutch play then several people would be using the same logic you are using now and the team would be no closer to solving their QB problems.

What I'm saying is that Henson is a bigger risk. The only advantage MAY be that he is cheaper in terms of draft picks. I say may b/c nobody knows yet what the price will be and bidding wars have a way of inflating value. But even if Henson is available for a future pick I'm not sure that the small advantage is worth the risk. If I offerred you the option of Carr for a first or Hutchinson for a second, Carr would be the no-brainer choice. If I had made that offer prior to anyone seeing Hutch play then several people would be using the same logic you are using now and the team would be no closer to solving their QB problems.

I hear what you're saying....I just disagree as to the risk of Henson. The combine oughtta answer some questions many people have.

I hear what you're saying....I just disagree as to the risk of Henson. The combine oughtta answer some questions many people have.

Will Henson be at the combine?

Will Henson be at the combine?

I meant the combine for Rivers. I think his stock will drop there. And I think Henson's will rise at the workout he's doing later this month.

Too much emphasis will be put on Rivers' mechanics question marks, which I personally don't think are a problem.

I like the Henson angle simply for the possibility of getting him for next year's 1st round pick....if Houston insists on a 1st rounder from THIS year for him....I like Rivers.

That said....wouldn't break my heart to get EITHER of them.

I agree with your expectations regarding the probable rise and fall in stock. And I can't say that I would call a Henson pick a mistake. Primarily, b/c I haven't watched him play. My expectation is that Miami will get one of those two guys and that Pitt will get the other one. (unless Ben R. slips, then I think Pitt prefers him)

Back
Top Bottom