Why is everything biased to the NFC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everything biased to the NFC?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little crazy but lately I notice that a lot of things are pro NFC and anti-AFC. Understandably, every year there is a large ammount of coverage on the reigning Super Bowl Chams who are from the AFC. But I notice everyone always talking about The Packers and the 49ers and the Rams and the Bucs and the Giants etc. The biggest prognosticator of this is John Madden he hates the AFC. I'd like to take that leaf blower from him in that Ace Hardware ad and turn it to vacuum so I can suck all the hot air out of his frickin melon head. Does he not realize that he won the superbowl with an AFC team? He was one of the first head coaches in the AFC something at some point must have seemed remotely attractive about the AFC. He'll slant every little thing (like we heard him do in both Monday night games last year both against the Bears and the Packers.) to make the NFC team look better. We were up on the Bears by 14 points and he started saying "This is when the Bears can turn it around" I'm surprised he put Ricky on his stupid d@mn horse trailer which he has only because he's too fat to fit on a d#mn airplane. The AFC is obviously the better conference we have better passers(Manning, Brees, Gannon) better rushers(Ricky, Tomlinson, Holmes, Henry, Portis) better kickers (Mare,Vinateri, Elam) better recievers (Chambers, Moulds, Rice, Brown,Coles etc) Now obviously the NFC isn't a big bag of sh$t without talent they have Warner, Faulk, Vick,Price, Favre, etc/. But I don't think that they overpower us with the exception of the Falcons. The Falcons are dangerous. Please let me know if any of these teams have a chance against the AFC?

Typo: Obviously I missed the fact that the Bucs are from the NFC not the AFC. Don't give me too big of a ration.

Madden lost his fastball a long time ago and his worship of Favre is sickening.

We always have to hear about what Green Bay is doing.....nothing new there.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Typo: Obviously I missed the fact that the Bucs are from the NFC not the AFC. Don't give me too big of a ration.
Ration

thats cuz, unlike the AFC, the NFC usually lives up to their expectations...plus NFC wins a lot of Superbowls

NFC WON a lot of Superbowls. AFC is making a comeback. Reason why Madden is so inflated with the NFC, is because for many years he watched mostly NFC teams. Remember, he was on FOX and FOX covers NFC games. That is what he knows.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
NFC WON a lot of Superbowls. AFC is making a comeback. Reason why Madden is so inflated with the NFC, is because for many years he watched mostly NFC teams. Remember, he was on FOX and FOX covers NFC games. That is what he knows.

Yup, the NFC has 21 whilke we have 16. But that includes that long run of 13 or so in a row from 85 thru 97. Which ALSO includes the infamous 4 in a row from the Bills. But then again, at least they made it 4 times in a row. Don't think that's been done before or since! :cool:

Hey De, who is the honey in your avatar, don't think I've seen her before. Too hot, need bigger pic though.:)

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Yup, the NFC has 21 whilke we have 16. But that includes that long run of 13 or so in a row from 85 thru 97. Which ALSO includes the infamous 4 in a row from the Bills. But then again, at least they made it 4 times in a row. Don't think that's been done before or since! :cool:
even if it was a left-handed compliment, i'll take it..besides, we lost to a 13-3, 14-2, 13-3, and 12-4 team in those superbowls...the only one we should of won was the Giant game...that Redskin team was incredible(remember, they started off 11-0 that year!), and the Cowboys were the last dynasty in football....still, should of beat the G-MEN:(

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

even if it was a left-handed compliment, i'll take it..besides, we lost to a 13-3, 14-2, 13-3, and 12-4 team in those superbowls...the only one we should of won was the Giant game...that Redskin team was incredible(remember, they started off 11-0 that year!), and the Cowboys were the last dynasty in football....still, should of beat the G-MEN:(

Yeah you should have won. Off the top of my head, that SB and the NE victory over St. Louis are the only times the inferior team has won the SB.

Although the reason for Madden's bias is already stated (Fox and CBS), I think the main reason for a supposed bias in the media as a whole has been left out. The NFC has always been valued more than the AFC dating back to the days of the AFL. CBS always paid more than NBC for coverage rights to air the games. The northeastern media is and forever will be in love with the history of the game. All of the 50 plus year storied franchises are within the NFC. The foundation of the NFL was the great teams of the Packers, Giants, Bears, Colts, Cardinals (Chicago), ect. Dont' get me wrong here the AFC and it's teams dating back to the AFL have a rich history but when the 50 plus year old sports writers and television executives dream of glory days it's of names like Bronco, Huff, Brown, Lombardi, and ect.

The AFC is somewhat still regarded as that upstart football division of Lamar Hunt and a couple of others. It is somewhat deserved for the NFC franchises to be so highly regarded as they were playing football when Pro football was regarded as an exhibition on the level of Pro wrestling. The NFC is the foundation of Pro football and that monicker (if ever) will die when the generation who watched it grow dies. Take solice in the fact that in some eyes our division is still regarded as that pass happy division with the flamboyant QB who would sit pool side and guarantee victory against a big bad NFL team.

It's a beautiful game with a rich history. The bias is all part of it.

Originally posted by ZOD
Although the reason for Madden's bias is already stated (Fox and CBS), I think the main reason for a supposed bias in the media as a whole has been left out. The NFC has always been valued more than the AFC dating back to the days of the AFL. CBS always paid more than NBC for coverage rights to air the games. The northeastern media is and forever will be in love with the history of the game. All of the 50 plus year storied franchises are within the NFC. The foundation of the NFL was the great teams of the Packers, Giants, Bears, Colts, Cardinals (Chicago), ect. Dont' get me wrong here the AFC and it's teams dating back to the AFL have a rich history but when the 50 plus year old sports writers and television executives dream of glory days it's of names like Bronco, Huff, Brown, Lombardi, and ect.

The AFC is somewhat still regarded as that upstart football division of Lamar Hunt and a couple of others. It is somewhat deserved for the NFC franchises to be so highly regarded as they were playing football when Pro football was regarded as an exhibition on the level of Pro wrestling. The NFC is the foundation of Pro football and that monicker (if ever) will die when the generation who watched it grow dies. Take solice in the fact that in some eyes our division is still regarded as that pass happy division with the flamboyant QB who would sit pool side and guarantee victory against a big bad NFL team.

It's a beautiful game with a rich history. The bias is all part of it.

Yep ZOD...That's the answer. Thanks for saving me the trouble of all the typing.

My only exception is with when you say "that thing" will die.

If that's what it takes to kill it....then let it live.

"I think I'm gonna live forever...Dieing an't on my list of things to do" "The Hag".

BTW....what does the cresent on that beutiful flag represent?

Back
Top Bottom