Why is Sammy Morris lost in the shuffle here? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Sammy Morris lost in the shuffle here?

ckparrothead said:
Sammy Morris has been lost in the shuffle because that is one talent-filled shuffle and Mr. Morris is not a very talented runningback.

I hope the rest of the coaching staff feels the same way and he comes back to Buffalo. He was an outstanding special teams player (ST captain as well) that always gave 100%.

Morris isn't lost in the shuffle. He's just headed back to FB (where he was originally signed to play). He said he hopes to compete with Evans for the starting job.

But the main reason Morris and Chris Akins were signed was for their special teams prowess. He'll definitely see time there this year. Hopefully Akins can also make it back, as he was a ST DEMON in New England.

I actually talked to Sammy a couple weeks back at an autograph signing on Fort Hood (helluva guy by the way). He said he fully expects to win the starting fullback job, and at worst he thinks he will be the backup half back (this was before the whole Ricky coming back thing came up however).

Muck said:
Morris isn't lost in the shuffle. He's just headed back to FB (where he was originally signed to play). He said he hopes to compete with Evans for the starting job.

But the main reason Morris and Chris Akins were signed was for their special teams prowess. He'll definitely see time there this year. Hopefully Akins can also make it back, as he was a ST DEMON in New England.

exactly (on the Morris bit, he was one of Buffalo's best ST guys). Didn't Atkins slip a disc or something? Obviously it was sesaon ending but I thought he was done playing for good?...no?

gofins said:
I wouldn't say he is lost in the shuffle. It's just that we drafted a "stud", Kay-Jay seems to show a lot of promise (remind you of Feeley?), and we have yet to see enough of what Gordon has to offer. I think Morris was a blessing who probably hasn't gotten enough credit. To me there is no reason for him not to be on the team this season. Minor did a good job in his role but may be the odd man out.

How are you comparing Kay Jay Harris to Feeley? One is a RB, the other a ummmmm QB. Let's let Kay Jay play first. If he starts fumbling the ball to the other team and they run them back for TDs, then let the comparisons start. :D

I too believe he will be the opening day FB. Evans will be in there for short yardage work, etc. For me the question will be when/if Ricky comes back. Then Morris may go behind Brown at FB with Ricky going to RB.

Anyway it happens, Morris' versatility and ST play gets him a roster spot and playing time somewhere!.

Sammy is only lost if Ricky comes back and stays with the team. If that happens Sammy gets pushed behind Ronnie, Ricky, and Lamar making him and Travis the odd men out. Sammy's only shot would be back up FB behind Heath Evans.

Maybe because when he came to the Fins he was our.........

BACKUP FULLBACK !!!!

dolfreak said:
Maybe because when he came to the Fins he was our.........

BACKUP FULLBACK !!!!

That means nothing. When Ogunleye came to us he was our BACKUP END!!!! then he became our starter by proving himself, much the same way as Morris did. He showed a hell of a lot last year and deserves to be on the team and compete for playing time.

morris is a solid all around football player that can do alot of things for a football team. he'll be here and have an active role.

jbond said:
exactly (on the Morris bit, he was one of Buffalo's best ST guys). Didn't Atkins slip a disc or something? Obviously it was sesaon ending but I thought he was done playing for good?...no?

ACL/MCL

Ogunleye was an UNDRAFTED Free AGENT that played because he earned his job....Morris ONLY played because of injuries. Try to argue that.

Fritz27 said:
I know everyone is excited about Ricky coming back (I'm still not sold on him coming back, nor am I sold on his effectiveness) and about the future with Ronnie Brown (I'm very excited about him), but what about Sammy?

He led the team in all the rushing stats. He posted career highs in every rushing category and he managed 4.0 yards per carry behind our joke of an offensive line. The offensive line that was worse than the one where Ricky Williams ran for 3.5 yards per carry in 2003. Can we please not forget that this guy is a legit backup and I'd feel 1000000000000x more comfortable with him as our #2 RB than with Ricky as our #2.

That is all. Good night.

Edit:

Just for giggles, his stats:

132 attempts 523 yards 4.0 ypc 6 TD
You are an idot.....Sammy morris over ricky williams? Sammy morris is lost in the shuffle because he has already reched his potential, and that potential is average at best. Stick those numbers up your A**, did you actually watch him play. He couldn't even out run some of the slowest linebackers in the NFL. Yea sammy over ricky that would be brilliant:roflmao: . What is it with these idiots who honestly believe that ricky is just going to forget how to play football or has lost all his talent after one year away from wearing the pads. No one has even mentioned the possibility that he might even be better than before!!! Yet all you haters are going to jump all over the band wagon after his first 200 yard game. Someone needs to keep track of all you guys and kick you off the site after all this sh*t is put to rest.

EDIT: We don't keep track of people that have similar opinions, however we DO keep track of personal insults and rudeness....this guy has a right to his opinion and you have no right to insult him because he doesnt think like you. do something like this again and you'll get time off - Mod

I hear ya man, I was actually very very impressed with Sammy Morris last season. I though he did an OUTSTANDING job all things considered, and he ran a heck of a lot better than I thought he was capable of. This is also one of the reasons why I wasn't too high on us drafting a RB(Although I think Ronnie Brown will be a pure stud), But I think we could have been very succesfull this year with Sammy, or maybe even Gordon at RB

Back
Top Bottom