Why is Sammy Morris lost in the shuffle here? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Sammy Morris lost in the shuffle here?

RWhitney014 said:
Sammy Morris was one of the ONLY bright spots of last season. If anyone deserves to make this roster, it's him...not to mention he's gonna be our 3/4-back, if you catch my drift. How about if we break out the ol' Power I formation sometime this year with 2 TE and Evans, Morris, and Brown lined up on the field? I think it could work with some decent blocking.

Glad to see Sammy Morris hasn't been forgotten by some of the fans.....as you said Whitney, was "one of the only bright spots of last season".

dolfreak said:
Ogunleye was an UNDRAFTED Free AGENT that played because he earned his job....Morris ONLY played because of injuries. Try to argue that.

I can argue that quite easily. Mainly because you missed my point entirley. My point is that in football you always have a chance to prove yourself. How Morris got on the field doesnt matter, all that matters is that when he got his shot he produced.

Let me give an example. Say we sign a WR this year strictly to be our #4 WR. Well if injuries happen and he ends up wit a 1000 yard year, do we completley dismiss that just becuz we signed him as a backup?

Wow, u have no clue Jimi. When did i ever say Morris was not good. I only said he played because everyone got injured, thats all. It's true isn't it???? Right now Morris is like 4th-5th on our RUNNING BACK DEPTH CHART, and thats where he SHOULD be. He will play a little RB if 4 people in front of him get injured, just like last season.....right Jimi???

BrazForPhins said:
to me,minor is a dead horse, he did nothing last year though he was a good 3rd down guy the year before with ricky
He's completely expendable now..there's just too much depth ahead of him:D

I don't know about dead horse, but he definitely will get cut assuming Brown, Williams, Gordon, and Morris are all healthy and on the team. I think they would keep Harris over Minor, but even if Harris doesn't make the team (practice squad) I still don't see them wasting a spot on Minor for him to be inactive...I

I met Sammy Morris in a gorcery store parking lot in Orhcard Park, NY a few years ago. He was a stand-up guy becuase I asked him for an autograph and he walked back to his car and got me a playing card to sign. He is a tru brother.

As for his playing ability, he is not a starter in this league. He is a possibly a decent 3rd and long back, but is mostly 3rd string insurance and/or a backup FB IMO. I hope he sticks around though.

dolfreak said:
Wow, u have no clue Jimi. When did i ever say Morris was not good. I only said he played because everyone got injured, thats all. It's true isn't it???? Right now Morris is like 4th-5th on our RUNNING BACK DEPTH CHART, and thats where he SHOULD be. He will play a little RB if 4 people in front of him get injured, just like last season.....right Jimi???

Thats not tru at all. You said he should not be in the shuffle for playing time BECAUSE we brought him in as a backup FB, which is absurd. At no time did i argue he should be our starter or even our backup. Read your post b4 u tell me i dont have a clue.

Morris isn't lost in the shuffle. He's just headed back to FB (where he was originally signed to play). He said he hopes to compete with Evans for the starting job.

Sounds pretty lost in the shuffle to me...

more like going back where he should be

Agreed.

But as for the creator of this thread, who views Sammy Morris as a talented ballcarrier, our "going back where he should be" and his "lost in the shuffle" are one in the same.

Back
Top Bottom