Why is the Tony Wise Still the O-Line Coach!?!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is the Tony Wise Still the O-Line Coach!?!?

Originally posted by Muck
I'd like to see what he can do with decent talent.

Difference between 2003 and 2002.........

- A rookie LT who we were told after the draft was at least a year away (physically) from being ready to contribute.

- A large LG coming off a torn Achilles tendon. Miracle he even played.

- A Center who got another year older and was never dominant to begin with.

- A RG who got a year older and was never dominant to begin with. Plus, he played with a heavy conscience (his mother dying of cancer).

- A RT who pretty much stayed the same.

Then you had Greg Jerman, Billy Yates, and Seth McKinney all getting starts or seeing lots of time.

Appears as if Wise was set up to fail.

These are good points, then again, the RT was better under other coaches - so the fact that the players haven't improved is in some ways a testimony against him, don't you think?

Why Is Tony Wise Still The O-Line Coach?

B/c Wannstedt has control over the coaches still in the fold and he judges "coaching talent" about as well as he judges "playing talent." Which is not very well.

While Dave had to give the "okay" - don't think for a minute that Rick didn't have some input on Trestman and Sullivan.

Originally posted by Muck
I'd like to see what he can do with decent talent.

Difference between 2003 and 2002.........

- A rookie LT who we were told after the draft was at least a year away (physically) from being ready to contribute.

- A large LG coming off a torn Achilles tendon. Miracle he even played.

- A Center who got another year older and was never dominant to begin with.

- A RG who got a year older and was never dominant to begin with. Plus, he played with a heavy conscience (his mother dying of cancer).

- A RT who pretty much stayed the same.

Then you had Greg Jerman, Billy Yates, and Seth McKinney all getting starts or seeing lots of time.

Appears as if Wise was set up to fail.
wow muck, I just posted something almost the same as this before I read this. Sorry about that. I posted under a different subject but people were talking about the coach. He's not exactly coaching a bunch of probowlers out there.Anyway, I swear that I hadn't seen your post but is amazing cos I did a player by player on my post too and it says almost the same thing. I guess great minds think alike...lol

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
I became certain of this while watching the first Fins/Pats game in '03... That's when when I realized how bad our O-Line was. Since the end of the season I've been quiet, waiting to hear that he has been let go. Now Im starting to get concerned that he is going to be back next year. I'll be dissapointed if he stays.

Oh dont worry guys, Wise will be a genius again after we get some up to par NFL quality OL rather than a fat guy with a bad achilles, and journeyman RG, often injured LT (Dixon), and weak Center of the line.

Back
Top Bottom