Why not Alex Smith? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Alex Smith?

Im scared to let these guys get a hold of a young qb since they have done such a good job with with beck, white and henne

Smith would result in just another circle jerk with no happy ending.

DWL

There is a lot of talk about Smith Sucking in this thread but the jerking takes the prize.

Ok first off Alex Smith plays on a crappy team with no talent with the exception of Vernon Davis while Chad Henne has a great supporting cast with a lot of weapons and still cant do ****

Since when? He didn't have an OC, TE or an interior OL. Supporting cast isn't just 1 WR?

Look Alex Smith is a horrible NFL QB plain and simple. Anyone that has seen him play a few games knows he is in that Jay Fiedler mold of QB. Intelligent person just should not be playing sports, go do some accounting or something.

Remember the days of the Dolphins winning double digit games in spite of having horrible QB play. Do people want us to go back to those Wanny days? I sure don't

I wish Jimmy had stayed longer the team was on the up and up with him. With Wanny we were just slowly but surely getting worse and worse every year. Trading more and more picks for career back up QB's with no talent. So we could play not to lose. Hell he said it himself that nickel CB was a pressing need for us and passed on Brees for Jamar Fletcher who also came out of a zone system in college to a team that used man to man. I have a friend who is a cowboys fan that laughs at me to this day over that ****. Well **** that **** I have had enough of that.

Im scared to let these guys get a hold of a young qb since they have done such a good job with with beck, white and henne

they didnt draft Beck..Cam Cameron did, Pat White was an awful pick (but this was David Lee and Parcells doing), Henne...was a second round pick gone bad...we just gotta move on from it, who knows maybe (wishful thinking) he turns it around with a new OC and QBs Coach....but I would definitely not start him (I think we all agree there lol)

Vince Young is a proven QB, his passing has gotten better throughout the years and those stats do not include his Rush Stats and TDs....I think Jeff Fisher was stubborn with him from day one...Norm Chow even talked about it, there are 2 Black QBs that I think have the ability to be truly special Michael Vick and Vince Young...both are very similar, know how to lead the 4th Quarter comeback, and both have a dominating presence on the field. Look at Vince Young last year, he led comebacks on 3 of the 8 games that he won. He lost 2 games as starter to the Colts (AFC Champs) and the Chargers (2nd Seed in the Playoffs with a 13-3 record). This year, when he went down the season fell apart for the Titans. Im sure he has emotional baggage, but I think it is possible to work around that...thats where we will see if Tony Sparano can prove his worth.

Somebody is going to pick up Alex Smith on the cheap and end up looking very smart for it. All of the "he sucks" remarks are way off point and while we could argue that all day long, I expect to be proven right once Alex lands on a new team. With Jimmy Raye (who was awful) getting fired early in the season, Alex had 6 different OC's during his time in SF. Singletary botched the Alex/Troy Smith QB situation like he botched everything else on that team. Alex Smith's time in SF is marked by terrible teams, terrible FO moves and, too much coaching turnover and coaching disastours like Singletary.

Alex looked like he was turning the corner during the year Norv Turner was his OC and after that season Turner went to San Diego. If you go back and look at Alex's numbers since the Carolina game earlier this year he finished the season with 6 TD's to only 1 INT. He did miss some time due to injury but whenever he was in the line up he looked good and SF moved the ball.

I think Alex's best bet is to go back up a Tom Brady or Matt Ryan type for a year or two. If he were to get any mop-up playing time at all for a team like NE or Atl, I think it would really open some eyes as to what he can still accomplish in the NFL. But hey, as fans we are lazy and the easiest thing in the world to do is jump on the Alex Smith Sucks bandwagon and flame anybody who differs.

I thought Norv was there for two years? Yes, Alex Smith was starting to blossom as a QB

If the new OC is the present QB coach of the chargers, I can see Alex Smith in Miami.

LOL....Whats funny about this is that the you tube video shows his career stats........Did you catch those before asking for alex smith?
54.4 comp
19 TD's
31 INT's

LOL

Hartline, Davonne Bess, Marshall, Fasano, the oline did suck but get over it you dont see Aaron Rodgers bitching about it no he deals with it, as for the OC Smith has had to adapt to 6 different OC's so dont give me that crap.
DWL

There is a lot of talk about Smith Sucking in this thread but the jerking takes the prize.

Since when? He didn't have an OC, TE or an interior OL. Supporting cast isn't just 1 WR?

Look Alex Smith is a horrible NFL QB plain and simple. Anyone that has seen him play a few games knows he is in that Jay Fiedler mold of QB. Intelligent person just should not be playing sports, go do some accounting or something.

Remember the days of the Dolphins winning double digit games in spite of having horrible QB play. Do people want us to go back to those Wanny days? I sure don't

I wish Jimmy had stayed longer the team was on the up and up with him. With Wanny we were just slowly but surely getting worse and worse every year. Trading more and more picks for career back up QB's with no talent. So we could play not to lose. Hell he said it himself that nickel CB was a pressing need for us and passed on Brees for Jamar Fletcher who also came out of a zone system in college to a team that used man to man. I have a friend who is a cowboys fan that laughs at me to this day over that ****. Well **** that **** I have had enough of that.

they didnt draft Beck..Cam Cameron did, Pat White was an awful pick (but this was David Lee and Parcells doing), Henne...was a second round pick gone bad...we just gotta move on from it, who knows maybe (wishful thinking) he turns it around with a new OC and QBs Coach....but I would definitely not start him (I think we all agree there lol)

Vince Young is a proven QB, his passing has gotten better throughout the years and those stats do not include his Rush Stats and TDs....I think Jeff Fisher was stubborn with him from day one...Norm Chow even talked about it, there are 2 Black QBs that I think have the ability to be truly special Michael Vick and Vince Young...both are very similar, know how to lead the 4th Quarter comeback, and both have a dominating presence on the field. Look at Vince Young last year, he led comebacks on 3 of the 8 games that he won. He lost 2 games as starter to the Colts (AFC Champs) and the Chargers (2nd Seed in the Playoffs with a 13-3 record). This year, when he went down the season fell apart for the Titans. Im sure he has emotional baggage, but I think it is possible to work around that...thats where we will see if Tony Sparano can prove his worth.

Softprano will definately prove his worth actually his lack of worth for sure

LOL....Whats funny about this is that the you tube video shows his career stats........Did you catch those before asking for alex smith?
54.4 comp
19 TD's
31 INT's

LOL
No offense but that is an old video ,2009-2010 he had 34td 22int. Not great but do you realize the last time we had a QB throw 12 more TD than INT in a 2 year period was dan Marino in1997-98 he had 39TD 26INT. Sad but true.

I watched a few videos of Alex Smith and looked up some of his numbers and hes not bad. He is vastly underrated and we should take a look at him here's a link to his stats, and a highlight reel on him you'd be surprised.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8416

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwRoWNzZIg

Because he's: Damon Huard, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, A.J. Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Gus frerotte, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Jay Fiedler........Need I say more?

"He is vastly underrated"

?????????????
Smith was drafted with the 1st-overall pick in the 2005 Draft and has been a total bust since. He is a classic underachiever NOT UNDERRATED! We need to stop trying to retread everyones throw away tires.

"He is vastly underrated"

?????????????
Smith was drafted with the 1st-overall pick in the 2005 Draft and has been a total bust since. He is a classic underachiever NOT UNDERRATED! We need to stop trying to retread everyones throw away tires.

Just like Ronnie is underrated with all his 1000 yard seasons. Only in Miami does a rb that has not done better than 13th in league get so many excuses.

Back
Top Bottom