Why not Alex Smith? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Alex Smith?

If Alex Smith gets a pass for having different OCs, why doesn't Henne get one for having the worst OC?

Just like Ronnie is underrated with all his 1000 yard seasons. Only in Miami does a rb that has not done better than 13th in league get so many excuses.

Agree Bro, Cold hard fact is Ronnie never was an "Elite" back like so many claim on this board, not worthy of a #2 pick. He was average at best.

Agree Bro, Cold hard fact is Ronnie never was an "Elite" back like so many claim on this board, not worthy of a #2 pick. He was average at best.

sadly, I can't disagree with this... that's twice now, we passed on a qb at either #1 or #2.... and we are where we are now because of it.

sadly, I can't disagree with this... that's twice now, we passed on a qb at either #1 or #2.... and we are where we are now because of it.
For some reason Miami is gun shy to pull the trigger on an early 1st rd QB pick. Maybe it's the high dollar amount attached to the potential of drafting a bust. Look how many QB's drafted high got paid big dollars and were busts. This sets the franchise back for years when this happens and they tend to hold on to the player longer than they should due to the investment and hope they will turn it around. Maybe were "scared" to draft a Qb out of fear of the failure. "A turtle doesn't make progress unless it sticks it's neck out" Sooner or later we have to stick our neck out.

If Alex Smith gets a pass for having different OCs, why doesn't Henne get one for having the worst OC?

Don't expect an answer outside of "Henne sucks". I mean people hate on the man so much that they will say that he has a better supporting cast than Alex Smith . . . LOL . . . people throw the names of Bess, Fasano, Hartline like they are some elite players. Once you have Dan Henning in the booth, your supporting cast diminishes. And I am pretty sure many people would take Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Brian Westbrook, Eric Johnston and yes even Ted Ginn Jr . . . over our guys.

Back
Top Bottom