Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers?

Before any of that could happen

They would have to Want him. What has he done here to warrent any interest other than him being a 1st round pick.

Originally posted by MaxPower
The 49ers are lacking secondary depth (& ain't that great to begin with) & they could send us a pick or (dreaming here) their OT Deese....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, your dreams aren't very ambitious. Trading Fletcher for a 12 year veteran tackle isn't exactly outragous. Now Fletcher for Terrell Owens....thats dreaming :D

Re: Re: Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers?

Originally posted by phinphan

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, your dreams aren't very ambitious. Trading Fletcher for a 12 year veteran tackle isn't exactly outragous. Now Fletcher for Terrell Owens....thats dreaming :D

Well, I was being realistic. Terrell Owens? I'd need a towel the next morning.....:goof:

Re: Before any of that could happen

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
They would have to Want him. What has he done here to warrent any interest other than him being a 1st round pick.

He helped make the dolphins D the # 3 rank d last year...the nickel is on the field almost as must as the regular starters, and if I remember correctly, Fletcher wasn't that much of a problem last year..He made pretty good plays..if he was real bad, we would have noticed..Teams didn't convert a lot of 3rd down plays on him..He's definetly improving. TBuck will probably help him get to the next level.

Re: Re: Before any of that could happen

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He helped make the dolphins D the # 3 rank d last year...the nickel is on the field almost as must as the regular starters, and if I remember correctly, Fletcher wasn't that much of a problem last year..He made pretty good plays..if he was real bad, we would have noticed..Teams didn't convert a lot of 3rd down plays on him..He's definetly improving. TBuck will probably help him get to the next level.

Apparently, You don't remember correctly!! His nickname should have been "TOAST" for as many times as he let receivers behind him or was called for interference...

Case in point... Moss in Minnesota for a 60 some odd yard TD.

Re: Re: Re: Before any of that could happen

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Apparently, You don't remember correctly!! His nickname should have been "TOAST" for as many times as he let receivers behind him or was called for interference...

Case in point... Moss in Minnesota for a 60 some odd yard TD.

A defensive back getting beaten by Randy Moss for a long TD....sheesh, I never thought that I would see the day :rolleyes:

Poor example. Do you have a better one??

On the topic of possible trades, I have seen (on this board) references to the following trades:

1. Fletcher to SF
We have depth at CB, they have a need. Fletcher, who does have some talent and has improved, might fit better in their system.

2. Edwards to Tampa Bay
We have an extra RB, Pittman is in trouble. Edwards might be a solid back-up in their system. Hurts that Kirby just signed.

3. Burnett to Oakland
We have plenty of DE depth. Oakland needs help here, plus they have a history of liking older players with playoff experience.

Any of these actually possible?

Any other trade possibilities out there?

I really don't think Fletcher should be traded. I think he has been improving a little each year and bringing in Buckley can only make him better. At this point it would be wise to hang onto Fletcher. His only problem that I see is Miami bumps the receivers coming off the line which Fletcher was not built for. I have read reports that he has been working out and should be able to give the bump and still cover the receiver.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Before any of that could happen

Originally posted by phinphan

A defensive back getting beaten by Randy Moss for a long TD....sheesh, I never thought that I would see the day :rolleyes:

Poor example. Do you have a better one??

December 9, 2002 - Dolphins at Buffalo
In what looked to be his last start of the season, most eyes were on Ray Lucas at quarterback. Maybe that’s why no one noticed when Fletcher got burned twice deep, both for touchdowns. Second quarter, 17 seconds on the clock, Buffalo’s 2nd and 10 from the Miami 20. Bledsoe drops a ball in to a wide open Peerless Price in the corner of the end zone for a TD. On the coverage: Jamar Fletcher. Third Quarter, 4:48 left, 2nd and 7 from the Buffalo 27. Peerless Price beats Fletcher badly off the line. Bledsoe finds Price again for a 73 yard TD strike, giving Buffalo the lead for good.

December 21, 2002 - Dolphins at Minnesota
The famous “trap game†caught the Dolphins napping yet again. Start of the Fourth Quarter, Vikings ball, 3rd and 14 on their own 30 yard line. Culpepper launches a bomb to Moss for 60 yards, who had beat Jamar Fletcher by 8 or 10 steps. Thanks to Shawn Wooden for making the touchdown-saving tackle. Same drive, 3 plays later, Moss takes the ball on an end-around and heaves one up to D’Wayne Bates in the back of the end zone. Who bit on the WR run and left his man wide open back there? You guessed it...

December 29, 2002 - Dolphins at New England
This one could be the most painful Fletcher moment of all. This one could arguably have cost the Dolphins a playoff berth. Fourth Quarter, three minutes to go, Dolphins up by 11. Tom Brady tosses a pass on 2nd and 10 to fifth string WR David Givens near the goal line with a white #21 jersey hanging all over him. The yellow hankies go flying, 30 yard penalty leading to a Troy Brown TD two plays later. Sure, the Fins still had a lead after that, but the momentum had completely swung to the Patriots, and so did the season.

I know that almost every time the opposing team would put their best WR in the slot (on 3 and 4 WR sets) and he would either get beat or get flagged.

I'll give you that he played decently for about 4 or 5 games prior to the last 3 games of the season. But at the beggining and end of the season, he was horrible. All we did up in the stands was complain about him and Lucas!

I don't think you can include that pass interference call when listing the bad plays by Jamar. That call was garbage, and on the replay, it is easy to see that Jamar was interfered with, not the other way around.

Just another example of people leaving out the important parts of things to help solidify their argument.

I actually like Jamar. He does have talent & really just needs to show some more consistancy. Reports are that he's worked really hard in the offseason so we might end up a long-term loser on any trade, but...I'm bored & the spin coming out of the FO seems to be Buckely has the Nickel wrapped up.

There are probably numerous teams that would love to take Miami's #3/4 CB as their #2/3, so a trade would be easy if they really wanted to move him.

I'm suprised the Saints haven't come a'knockin'...their secondary is weak & they seem to be our favorite trade partner recently.

you can say what you want about Fletcher, but he has been behind T Buck and O Lowe on the depth chart AFAIK and he makes more (750K) than both of them. I do not him having shown enough to be worth trading though; unless Wanne is thinking he will get cut and looking for a(nother) late round pick.

Originally posted by wahwee
I don't think you can include that pass interference call when listing the bad plays by Jamar. That call was garbage, and on the replay, it is easy to see that Jamar was interfered with, not the other way around.

Just another example of people leaving out the important parts of things to help solidify their argument.

Right on. It was an offensive pass interference. Fletcher couldn't have played it better.

When the flag was thrown I wasn't even thinking about a defensive pass interference...

Originally posted by dolphan39
you can say what you want about Fletcher, but he has been behind T Buck and O Lowe on the depth chart AFAIK and he makes more (750K) than both of them. I do not him having shown enough to be worth trading though; unless Wanne is thinking he will get cut and looking for a(nother) late round pick.

If he were than Omare will be out on field more playing along with Tbuck out in practice.The truth is Fletcher rookie season was last seaon and he played well for his first year.Fletcher will be the Nickel back cb this year again.

Back
Top Bottom