Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers?

Originally posted by wahwee
I don't think you can include that pass interference call when listing the bad plays by Jamar. That call was garbage, and on the replay, it is easy to see that Jamar was interfered with, not the other way around.

Just another example of people leaving out the important parts of things to help solidify their argument.

You're right. On that play he was flagged wrongly. But it was the end of the season and he had the reputation of a mauler because he did it a lot during the season. In fact, I felt the entire secondary was flagged more than they should have. There were many phantom calls last year.

Trading Jamar would be a bad idea for the Phins. Keep in mind that Sam & Pat make HUGE $$$$$$. It would be nice to say that Sam & Pat both will finish their careers here. But that is not the way things happen in the NFL most of the time. Jamar has bad his good days for the Phins. He play has shown impovements as he tries to learn the Phins System. Most Top Notch DB's could not play as the Phins #1 or #2. There is not that many DB's in the league that seem to always play bump and run baby. Jamar is a Zone DB more than a Man to Man DB. His has the speed and HANDS to play like a baller. He does not know how to give the bump at the line of scrimmage. He has tried to fix that problem by bulking up this season. I for one think that Jamar will be the #3 by the end of the season. Once he learns the Bump and Run system in the slot position he will start to show that he is still worthy of a 1st round pick.

Sam & Pat should ALWAYS lock up on the #1 & #2 WR's. And allow the safties to give over the top coverage deep. Then play the LB's and Jamar in a ZONE! Just look at his closing speed on tape and then remember that he has really damn good hands. Top speed can get you in the play. But only CLOSING speed will make the PLAY. Jamar will be making PLAYS this SEASON.

GO PHINS!!!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Trading Jamar would be a bad idea for the Phins. Keep in mind that Sam & Pat make HUGE $$$$$$. It would be nice to say that Sam & Pat both will finish their careers here. But that is not the way things happen in the NFL most of the time. Jamar has bad his good days for the Phins. He play has shown impovements as he tries to learn the Phins System. Most Top Notch DB's could not play as the Phins #1 or #2. There is not that many DB's in the league that seem to always play bump and run baby. Jamar is a Zone DB more than a Man to Man DB. His has the speed and HANDS to play like a baller. He does not know how to give the bump at the line of scrimmage. He has tried to fix that problem by bulking up this season. I for one think that Jamar will be the #3 by the end of the season. Once he learns the Bump and Run system in the slot position he will start to show that he is still worthy of a 1st round pick.

Sam & Pat should ALWAYS lock up on the #1 & #2 WR's. And allow the safties to give over the top coverage deep. Then play the LB's and Jamar in a ZONE! Just look at his closing speed on tape and then remember that he has really damn good hands. Top speed can get you in the play. But only CLOSING speed will make the PLAY. Jamar will be making PLAYS this SEASON.

GO PHINS!!!

I agree that Fletcher is probably better than many Dolphin fans give him credit for. I also agree that both Madison and Surtain will most likely not finish their careers here. And I think Fletcher is improving and will continue to improve.

However, if he truly is playing in the wrong system, then why not trade him to a team where he would be more valued? He is struggling right now for playing time, buried beneath T-buck and Lowe. Perhaps Lowe could be our CB of the future. He played our type of coverage in college, plus he has the size.

I guess it all depends on what we would be able to get in a trade for Fletcher...a solid veteran at a position of need (e.g. Deese) or a first-day draft pick might be worth it.

Re: Re: Re: Why not trade Fletcher to 49ers?

Originally posted by MaxPower

Well, I was being realistic. Terrell Owens? I'd need a towel the next morning.....:goof:

And a sharpie and some pom-poms.. :yes:

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Jamar is a Zone DB more than a Man to Man DB. His has the speed and HANDS to play like a baller. He does not know how to give the bump at the line of scrimmage. He has tried to fix that problem by bulking up this season. I for one think that Jamar will be the #3 by the end of the season. Once he learns the Bump and Run system in the slot position he will start to show that he is still worthy of a 1st round pick.

Sam & Pat should ALWAYS lock up on the #1 & #2 WR's.

You are right on the money. So much so , that I belive Wanny already stated this year that they will be tinkering with the defensive schemes so that Madison and Surtain are always playing the #1 and #2 no matter where they line up.

Back
Top Bottom