Why Olivier Vernon Will Be Giant Free Agent Bust | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Olivier Vernon Will Be Giant Free Agent Bust

Him and Wake have the same issues and that is they will flash greatest for one or two games and then disappear for 4-5 games. I love Wake, but this has been the case the last couple of years....it has always been the case with Vernon. I mean he was almost non existent the first half of the season.

Him and Wake have the same issues and that is they will flash greatest for one or two games and then disappear for 4-5 games. I love Wake, but this has been the case the last couple of years....it has always been the case with Vernon. I mean he was almost non existent the first half of the season.

:hsmash: Yes he was almost non existent the first half of the season. It's difficult to run when you have an ankle/calf injury after getting leg whipped in the first game.

Oh yeah that's right...that doesn't matter.

So is thill over paid. Why not get ur money. nfl only want pay qb. They paying sorry qb also. I understand good one but

We could be talking about any subject and you will just randomly bash Tannehill. We get it, you dont like him.

*walks into Olivier Vernon thread*

*sees an entire page of posts attacking/defending tannehill*

*walks out of Olivier Vernon thread*

c'mon now people there are literally 5 other threads on the front page for you guys to bitch and moan in.

as far as OV goes he's gonna benefit from a few circumstances in his FA timing...

1) not a ton of pure pass rushers on the market
2) had a great year by PFF standards , especially when given solo opportunities with Cam Wake out
3) cap is rising, and everyone's been wise to this for the last few years in preparation
4) a few teams who will be suiting Vernon will be absolutely flush with $$ they need to spend

so, the dolphins only have two options. Match the absolutely flush teams with their overpaid FA contracts, or let a 3rd round pick walk to avoid dumping too much $$ into their Dline and continue to draft and develop talent. oh, and save cap $$ to spread over a roster with a ton of holes...

i think we'd all love to keep OV but he wants to get paid and has made that clear, it's the right thing to do to NOT compete with the market and pay him $15m per year.

:hsmash: Yes he was almost non existent the first half of the season. It's difficult to run when you have an ankle/calf injury after getting leg whipped in the first game.

Oh yeah that's right...that doesn't matter.

Even when he's healthy he's not consistent.

Young players are often inconsistent, especially when they have to do things they are either not accustomed to or very good at doing.

He's not a 2nd year player. He's just a very average inconsistent NFL player. There's a whole lot of them

I like ov but not at more than 12 mill. Even that seems high for him

OV is going into his 5th year. He is what he is now. His most important job is rushing the passer and he's very inconsistent at it.

Take OV out of the first quote and replace it with Tannehill. "Tannehill is going into his 5th year. He is what he is now. His most important job is leading the offense and he's very inconsistent at it." Two statements, both equivalent in content, both equally true. One will go with essentially no comment. The other will start a flame war.

If Tannehill in his inconsistency is worth paying the big contract, then Olivier Vernon is equally worth being paid as well.

Take OV out of the first quote and replace it with Tannehill. "Tannehill is going into his 5th year. He is what he is now. His most important job is leading the offense and he's very inconsistent at it." Two statements, both equivalent in content, both equally true. One will go with essentially no comment. The other will start a flame war.

If Tannehill in his inconsistency is worth paying the big contract, then Olivier Vernon is equally worth being paid as well.

I am indifferent on Tannehill. But I still know that if he sucks this year, then we can send him packing. I still don't get why every friggin thread on this website has to be turned into the same ol bull****.

It's pretty damn hilarious that you think you can just compare two positions like that, and assume those inconsistencies HAVE to be all on one player. A hell of a lot more factors go into play for the qb. Pass rusher, not nearly as much.

After 4 seasons we know that OV is a 7 sack a year player. What ever bloated isolated number of pressures PFF wants to stamp on him, lets be clear here, we can get his pressures and 7 sacks from someone for A LOT less than 15 million. Thats why we pay Suh.

If we weren't willing to pay Wake anything close to north of 10 million, why would we give it to O.V?

It sucks to see players we drafted and developed leave, but when the price and production meet, theyll keep the player. this particular one just doesnt line up. Another team will quickly find out they spent tripple on a player for his age.

Back
Top Bottom