Why so down on RB Elliott? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so down on RB Elliott?

Why are most people on here so down on Elliott as the the pick? The guy is projected to be a great RB. Not sure why so many are down on this draft. We can have a great RB. I liked Lamar Miller but I just don't think he was great. Please explain.

I believe he can have AP impact as a rook

I don think people are down on him as much as they would rather draft a different position at 13. A rb at 13 may not be great value

Maybe because Elliott is good but he's not Todd Gurley

This is my thoughts as well. If we're going to draft a RB 1st overall in today's NFL he better be something really special. I don't see anything remotely that warrants the pick of that position so high. Nothing at all!

Because we're filling a hole we self created by not re signing a solid RB in Miller.

We had a hole even we we had miller.

Miller might have had some decent production, but we have never had a good running game with him as the starter. He has never been the guy you hand the ball off to and win games.

Zeke is that guy.

Thats the difference between a productive running back and a work horse. Work horses win games.

We don't need a ****ing RB in the first. That is why!

If we take a running back in the first this will be the dumbest pick since taking Ted Ginn because he was suppose to be a great kick returner.

Draft one late, grab a vet after the draft or wait for next year and draft Dalvin Cook. Cook is actually going to be special in the league.

I think he can be an elite player. That would be a terrific backfield. But I understand why people think drafting a RB in the first round is awful.

But I wouldn't be upset with this pick at all. We have needs everywhere including RB and he has elite talent.

I think this will answer the OP's question, rather than drive the train on thought completely off the tracks:

Ezekiel Elliot does not have a "wow" trait. In other words:

His ability to break tackles is very good, but not great.
His acceleration is very good, but not great.
His top end speed is very good, but not great.
His ability to make defenders miss is good, but not great.

His vision, in my opinion, is exceptional. So is his pass blocking, and his receiving ability.

But these aren't things that show up on tape.

When I first looked at him, I wasn't overwhelmed, because of what I listed above. But you know what he does? He does EVERYTHING really well.

I parsed my thoughts on him a few months ago, about how I thought he did everything very well, but nothing extraordinarily well, and another poster said, "You just described Emmitt Smith."

I think he's spot on. And I think that's what lets him drop to 13.

I dont think there nothing wrong with picking a running back in the first round. Just be first as long as you are that good.

Back
Top Bottom