Why so down on RB Elliott? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so down on RB Elliott?

I think it's not so much that everyone is down on him as much as we have a ton of other needs, so there is a lot of other talk about CB, lb, etc....He should be considered at 13 but so many other needs should be too. On this site, some guys are going to be down on any player, everyone is an armchair GM and they know better than our new coaches and GM.

Compar Zeke to Fournette and Cook, Hes just not that guy. Why overreach for a non-premium player at a replaceable position?

I just don't think they need to address RB in the first round; the defense needs to be the #1 concern. Give Jay a chance to be the starting running back, if he doesn't get it done draft a starter next year.

Not down on him, its just the fact that we already have Jay Ajayi who has every bit the talent elliot has plus we have WAAAAY more glaring needs at lb, corner and guard.
Agreed. I'm not 'down' on many of the rumored #13 picks. I see CB as the biggest need (need 2 of them) and think that's where Miami will go. OTOH, I'll not be disappointed if Elliott is the pick. In a perfect world, Ramsey, Bosa, or Jack fall to #13 but I'm not in a perfect world.

Compar Zeke to Fournette and Cook, Hes just not that guy. Why overreach for a non-premium player at a replaceable position?

Pretty much....Zeke would be the 3rd maybe 4th best RB in the draft next year...

I would be okay with Elliot. I like Lawson at 13, too.

Just makes me think of Ronnie Brown. Good but not great.

I love brown.. Even if he never lived up to his draft status.. Elliott is a legit top 10 back with elite traits.. I would be fine with taking him at 13 or even trading up for him..

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Im actually starting to warm up to henry at 13! I know don't kill me!

Not going to kill you bro.. But you can get Henry in the 2nd..

I just dont see him developing into a pro bowl level cb :idk: would just make more sense to draft a proper corner than Apple than try to convert a rb to cb

Not down on him, its just the fact that we already have Jay Ajayi who has every bit the talent elliot has plus we have WAAAAY more glaring needs at lb, corner and guard.

I was wondering if you were high when you said that and then I saw your avatar....

Why are most people on here so down on Elliott as the the pick? The guy is projected to be a great RB. Not sure why so many are down on this draft. We can have a great RB. I liked Lamar Miller but I just don't think he was great. Please explain.

Lamar Miller was everything but great. Elliott has superstar Super Bowl MVP potential. Lamar is the type of guy to run for 1500 yards in the regular season then the playoffs come around and he goes for 33 yards. That's why we let him go.

Lamar Miller was everything but great. Elliott has superstar Super Bowl MVP potential. Lamar is the type of guy to run for 1500 yards in the regular season then the playoffs come around and he goes for 33 yards. That's why we let him go.

So much wrong with this post. :chuckle:

Mogwai pretty much nailed it for me. So many other needs and productive backs are always found later in the draft. Always. Get a guy to compliment ajayi.. Then next year the backs are said to be better yet and more of them. Then we have the three headed attack of an elite back, ajayi (and his probable short shelf life), and a rookie this year

I don think people are down on him as much as they would rather draft a different position at 13. A rb at 13 may not be great value

I don't care what RB we take as long as he has instincts and vision. People make a big deal because we didn't sign Miller. IMO, we were a much better offense with Knowshon (when he was healthy, that is).

Mogwai pretty much nailed it for me. So many other needs and productive backs are always found later in the draft. Always. Get a guy to compliment ajayi.. Then next year the backs are said to be better yet and more of them. Then we have the three headed attack of an elite back, ajayi (and his probable short shelf life), and a rookie this year

You say we have so many other needs but yet you want to spend a mid round pick on a RB this year and use a 1st round pick next year on RB? And only use them as rotational players? I think Ill just spend a 1st this year on Elliot and let him be the 3 down Ricky Williams work horse.

There was ONE team that had a worse running game than ours and made the Play Offs. But then they have Tom Brady as QB.

So you do not need a great running game, you just need one of the best QBs in NFL history.

I'd like to have a good enough running back so on 3rd down and 1-2 yards for a 1st down, we do not always have to attempt a pass.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

So much wrong with this post. :chuckle:

Yea, I do not think Lamar ever got 1,500 yards..

Back
Top Bottom