Why so rough on Carey? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so rough on Carey?

vernon carey is like the girl who loses 20 pounds and looks great, but you just know that once that ring is on her finger, she will gain the 20 back, plus 15. if he cant control his weight now, whats it going to be like when his metabolism starts to slow down? i dont want to spend a first rounder on an underachiever, there will be too many good players there at 20

Originally posted by slubeaner
vernon carey is like the girl who loses 20 pounds and looks great, but you just know that once that ring is on her finger, she will gain the 20 back, plus 15. if he cant control his weight now, whats it going to be like when his metabolism starts to slow down? i dont want to spend a first rounder on an underachiever, there will be too many good players there at 20

I'm just wondering out loud, but why is he the top rated guard in the draft??

Using a Biblical expression, is the problem that "a prophet is without honor in his own country"? Because he's a Cane in a town where the Canes disappointed hurting his standing with Phin Phans?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

The same reason that women who lose 30 pounds to look great get married.

Re: Re: Why so rough on Carey?

Originally posted by Ozzy
Carey has all the potential in the world. But since I watch almost every single Canes game I'll say this. Sometimes he takes plays off.

But the weight thing is what scares me! He was overweight, and has since worked his butt off and seems to be in great shape but after he gets a nice fat NFL contract will we see him bringing his new truck to Mickey Dees for some extra supersized meals......

:D

Were you taking into consideration that he was playing on a high ankle sprain?

To me that ranks right up there with being kicked in the nuts. :(

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Carey is no longer the top rated G. I saw some old evaluations that had him up there, but it seems that attitude concerns brought him down.

who cares about Carey? we will either sign Andrew's or Smiley let the pats worry about his laziness

I'd rather get a ess physiclly talented guy with a motor and a mean streak, than some physical talent that as to decide when he plays.

yeah if its an even swap! no additional picks.. who is going to do that,if we arent or dont have the money to sign ogun. then i say do it and both gets what they want.... i just dont see how n the hell we r going to sign him,cc and others if it puts us n a bind cap wise.. i say keep cc trade ogun to move up n the draft, if we r going to lose him or our money situation is going to b screwed.. we cant do anything next year if we dont have the cap room!!!

Re: Re: Re: Why so rough on Carey?

Originally posted by ZOD

Were you taking into consideration that he was playing on a high ankle sprain?

To me that ranks right up there with being kicked in the nuts. :(

I sure did! Like I said he has all the potential in the world to be very good.

But his ankle, while aggravating, was not that serious. A high ankle sprain sometimes has to be placed in a cast to help it heal. The article you provided even stated that it was not serious. You simply do not return to practice the very same week if it is.

Still it's great that he played with pain.

But you seemed to have misunderstood my first reply. I'm a diehard Canes fan, and I watch every game, so my saying he sometimes takes plays off is not from just one year.

I'll say this though. I would love to have him, but I'm not so sure about at 20

Originally posted by rafael

Carey is no longer the top rated G. I saw some old evaluations that had him up there, but it seems that attitude concerns brought him down.

Is that a fact or just your opinion??

This says otherwise and this one lists the top 50 players overall and Carey is the only guard on it. This one does also and this is yet another. I could go on but i think you get the picture tho. As far as I can tell, these are current.

Are ya feelin' me? :yes:

Back
Top Bottom