Why the Heat lost.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Heat lost....

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The refs? NO.

There was one BS call....that screwed us....the Wade offensive foul when he scored to put us up 6...and they called him for a charge when the replay showed an obvious blocking foul by Hamilton.

When we were on a break and Eddie was wide open and Wade didn't spot him....he took the foul instead...when a basket was to be had....

Wade taking a 20 footer when we were down 1 and Rasheed had 5 fouls...take it to the basket...or roll the dice by feeding SHAQ.....bad decision.

We didn't shoot free throws well.

They beat us in this game seven...we had plenty of chances to win this game.....The HEAT just blew it.

No doubt if Wade didn't get hurt....and SHAQ was at 100% that the HEAT win this series...but those are the breaks in the game...it is part of the game....congratulate the Pistons.

As for the future...it is bright....Indiana is slowly falling apart.....and is losing a huge part of their team....(Reggie)

The Pistons are soon to be dismantled and it doesn't matter anyway because if the HEAT are healthy....The Heat is better.

and most importantly......

YOU HAVE TO LOSE.....BEFORE YOU WIN. GOTTA PAY YOUR DUES.....remember that this is the first year this team is together.

You gotta hand it to the Pistons...THEY WON.

We must get a better PG if we can. I love Damon when he shoots 3's, but his D is just atrocious. We also need someone other than Wade who can slash to the basket. I'm sick and tired of seeing the Heat settle for jumpers (and mss them) whenever Wade goes to the bench.

Where I come from that called sackin' up. Good job 126

Section126 said:
The refs? NO.

There was one BS call....that screwed us....the Wade offensive foul when he scored to put us up 6...and they called him for a charge when the replay showed an obvious blocking foul by Hamilton.

When we were on a break and Eddie was wide open and Wade didn't spot him....he took the foul instead...when a basket was to be had....

Wade taking a 20 footer when we were down 1 and Rasheed had 5 fouls...take it to the basket...or roll the dice by feeding SHAQ.....bad decision.

We didn't shoot free throws well.

They beat us in this game seven...we had plenty of chances to win this game.....The HEAT just blew it.

No doubt if Wade didn't get hurt....and SHAQ was at 100% that the HEAT win this series...but those are the breaks in the game...it is part of the game....congratulate the Pistons.

As for the future...it is bright....Indiana is slowly falling apart.....and is losing a huge part of their team....(Reggie)

The Pistons are soon to be dismantled and it doesn't matter anyway because if the HEAT are healthy....The Heat is better.

and most importantly......

YOU HAVE TO LOSE.....BEFORE YOU WIN. GOTTA PAY YOUR DUES.....remember that this is the first year this team is together.

You gotta hand it to the Pistons...THEY WON.

Was a hard loss to take. I agree, if Shaq and Wade are healthy....much less the entire team....it might not have even gone seven.

But we had our chances tonight and we blew them. Shaq was hot late and we went away from him. Wade made poor decisions. When he learns to get others involved, we'll be oh so dangerous. Eddie Jones went stone cold offensively. Damon Jones rolled his ankle and still was nowhere to be found. His choke on that free throw pretty much sealed it. We turned it over when it counted.

Meanwhile Detroit played the way they always play. They weather storms and are just so consistent. They always answer back when it counts. Always come up with the big shot or the big turnover.

It should be a great Finals. Both teams are extremely well coached and demonstrate the epitome of "team play". They execute so well. It will be a treat.

PHINATIC13 said:
Where I come from that called sackin' up. Good job 126

Sackin' up?...it was reality....we had ONE screw job...if you can't overcome one bad call...then you don't deserve to move on....

The facts were stark in this game......

The Pistons asked us to put them out of their misery and we politely....declined.

It was sad to watch....

Gotta stay healthy.....

Chins up........THIS WAS THE FIRST YEAR WITH THIS TEAM TOGETHER.......and the East is ours next year......I would take another big body off the bench to rebound and knock people down....and we need a perimeter defender that can knock down a open shot....BRUCE BOWEN anyone?

It was hard to take......but the future is bright.

I think the Pistons are screwed.......Miami if healthy....wins this series....they still took the pistons to seven.....

San Antonio is a BETTER version of Miami....with better pieces off the bench....and a better starting five......get the picture? I don't think it's going to be pretty for the Pistons.....

If the Pistons win...I am going to be pissed....cuz that would mean that we blew a NBA championship.

I think yuou discredit the Pistons too much. I mean, they are on the verge of repeating. It isn't like they are an upstart team her.e They know how to fluster opponents and play even better with their backs against the wall. As a Laker fan, I witnessed it first hand last year and have since, come to respect that team immensly. I hope they repeat just because they deserve it. In another thread I kind of wrote my assesment of the East. I forgot the Wizards ( thanks Muck! ) in that mix. Arenas, Jamison and Hughes play very well together finally and if they can get a big man with a pulse ( Dampier maybe? ), they will be dangerous. Indiana may have lost Reggie but they gain Artest. The gain outweighs the loss. Reggie was a great player, and I was rooting for the Pacers to win it all just for him. Anyhow, O'neal, Artest and Jackson will be a nice group o' three for them next year.

Miami may have some problems signing folks in the offseason. they are over the cap and will probably lose some players like Haslem, which will hurt. Luckily for them the NBA is a league in which two superstar play can get you championships and the Heat have two superstars in Wade and Shaq. If they can somehow trade some pieces for cap room or sign someone with the MLE, they might be on top, otherwise, I think it is a dog fight with about three or four other teams.

Here is one reason why the Heat lost....

Damon Jones Statline:

32 minutes played, 0-2 from the field, 0-1 from 3 point land, 1-2 from the FT line (late in the game) 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 3 fouls and 1 point....lets also add that he was getting owned on teh defensive end all night long, but there is no stat for that.

i dont care how injured you are, if you are a starting guard for the 1-seed in the eastern conference finals, this is inexcusable...if this was based solely on his injury, then he shouldve sat out, not D-Wade.

I know he left the game early and returned, but if he was that much of a factor, then Keyon Dooling shouldve played more minutes.

TerryTate said:

Damon Jones Statline:

32 minutes played, 0-2 from the field, 0-1 from 3 point land, 1-2 from the FT line (late in the game) 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 3 fouls and 1 point....lets also add that he was getting owned on teh defensive end all night long, but there is no stat for that.

i dont care how injured you are, if you are a starting guard for the 1-seed in the eastern conference finals, this is inexcusable...if this was based solely on his injury, then he shouldve sat out, not D-Wade.

I know he left the game early and returned, but if he was that much of a factor, then Keyon Dooling shouldve played more minutes.

Damon Jones will have a hard time living this one down.....

If there was one guy that was in charge of delivering the death blow to the Pistons...it was Damon.....we had a six point lead and took 3 trips down with it....and Damon touched all three times.....did he jack up a kill shot? To put us up 9? NO....you are right...this was a tough one for Damon Jones.

Section126 said:
Damon Jones will have a hard time living this one down.....

If there was one guy that was in charge of delivering the death blow to the Pistons...it was Damon.....we had a six point lead and took 3 trips down with it....and Damon touched all three times.....did he jack up a kill shot? To put us up 9? NO....you are right...this was a tough one for Damon Jones.

Damon Jones owes it to this team to not opt out of his contract, seriously. ;)

That was a very disappointing loss for the HEAT but do you think they would have gotten past the Spurs? I don't think so...not with a injured Shaq and Wade...but I think they have a great future.

The heat will have a chance next year but my only concern is Shaq getting a year older. He has had injury problems the past few years and he's getting older and w/ all that weight we may never see the dominant Shaq again. Wade is on the verge of superstradom, he seems like a decent guy who won't let this success go to his head. As long as he doesn't and he works hard to improve the sky is the limit for him and you'll have an excellent chance. I agree w/ whoever said you need a new PG, Damon Jones can be a good bench player coming in and shooting some 3's but he's not a legit starter in this league. you have some other good role players I like how Haslem can knock down the open jumper and I was impressed w/ Rasual Butler's play.

The Pistons will be tough as will Indiana even though Reggie's retiring. the Nets should also be a very good team when they regain health and also hopefully get some front court help. Detorit will still be the favorite even w/ LB gone and Flip in but miami is right there w/ them and there's nor eason Miami shouldn't win the East next year.

TerryTate said:

Damon Jones Statline:

Then thats on your coach.
Damon was out there injured and all giving it his best and you and the rest here are hanging him on the cross.

Den54 said:
Then thats on your coach.
Damon was out there injured and all giving it his best and you and the rest here are hanging him on the cross.

Partially its on the coaching but the turnovers late in the game by him...no excuse for that...

TerryTate said:
Partially its on the coaching but the turnovers late in the game by him...no excuse for that...

VG did a horrible job w/ his time outs too. There's no excuse for having no TOs w/ 16 secs left.

Back
Top Bottom