Why the Heat lost.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Heat lost....

nyjunc said:
VG did a horrible job w/ his time outs too. There's no excuse for having no TOs w/ 16 secs left.

Don't bother him with facts. :lol:

I'm not a homer and I'm not blind, everyone knows that Van Gundy was outcoached from beginning to end of this series...

how many quick scores did detroit have coming out of a timeout?

TerryTate said:
I'm not a homer and I'm not blind, everyone knows that Van Gundy was outcoached from beginning to end of this series...

how many quick scores did detroit have coming out of a timeout?

Just another one of those lucky Detroit breaks. :lol:

Den54 said:
Just another one of those lucky Detroit breaks. :lol:

Where did i mention anything about coaching being a break? Larry Brown is a better coach then Van Gundy....that was one of detroit's strongpoints in this series and was a factor down the stretch in their game 7 win as well as throughout the series.

Actually, I think Eddie Jones should be getting crucified as much as Damon is by you guys. After playing very well for the first four games, he vanished and his defense on Rip Hamilton (which also was superb in the early part of the series) was also terrible.

BTW, Section126, I have to ask, how exactly is Detroit going to get dismantled? Every important player is under contract for next year at a reasonable sum. Or did you mean in the Finals? It sounded like you were talking about next year.

phunwin said:
Actually, I think Eddie Jones should be getting crucified as much as Damon is by you guys. After playing very well for the first four games, he vanished and his defense on Rip Hamilton (which also was superb in the early part of the series) was also terrible.

BTW, Section126, I have to ask, how exactly is Detroit going to get dismantled? Every important player is under contract for next year at a reasonable sum. Or did you mean in the Finals? It sounded like you were talking about next year.

IF Brown stays the Pistons will have a reasonable shot of competing for the 2006 crown (I didnt say 3-peat because I just dont see them taking out the Spurs)

If the same core group of guys is there and Brown isnt....the team will make the playoffs, but i doubt they get past the second round.....

Roman529 said:
That was a very disappointing loss for the HEAT but do you think they would have gotten past the Spurs? I don't think so...not with a injured Shaq and Wade...but I think they have a great future.

I highly doubt the Heat would of beaten the Spurs with everyone injured the way they are. But its not like the Pistons can beat them either. And it is going to be one crappy series to watch. After the first two games where both teams are held under 80 pts, those ratings are going to plummet.

TerryTate said:
IF Brown stays the Pistons will have a reasonable shot of competing for the 2006 crown (I didnt say 3-peat because I just dont see them taking out the Spurs)

If the same core group of guys is there and Brown isnt....the team will make the playoffs, but i doubt they get past the second round.....

I think Brown's gone, personally. But the tradeoff is that a new coach (probably Flip Saunders, but maybe Scott Skiles or Nate McMillan) will get more out of the bench and develop the young guys in an effort to make it a better team in the long run. How good Brown's been in the playoffs depends on who you ask. Obviously, he outcoached SVG by a mile. But there are more than a few knowledgeable people who believe the Pistons are succeeding in spite of Brown and that this Cleveland thing has been a huge distraction. I also think you can count on Joe Dumars to make the best use of the mid-level exception and add to that bench. Was there a better MLE signing last year than McDyess?

phunwin said:
I think Brown's gone, personally. But the tradeoff is that a new coach (probably Flip Saunders, but maybe Scott Skiles or Nate McMillan) will get more out of the bench and develop the young guys in an effort to make it a better team in the long run. How good Brown's been in the playoffs depends on who you ask. Obviously, he outcoached SVG by a mile. But there are more than a few knowledgeable people who believe the Pistons are succeeding in spite of Brown and that this Cleveland thing has been a huge distraction. I also think you can count on Joe Dumars to make the best use of the mid-level exception and add to that bench. Was there a better MLE signing last year than McDyess?

Bill Lambier is a name that could pop up. He and Dumars are buddy's and Lambieer will get an NBA job this year whether in NY or somewhere else. Detroit is an option.

phunwin said:

I mispoke....I don't think The Pistons can beat the Spurs.....like I said....I thought the Heat had no chance against the Spurs......although I was going to come on here and guarantee a competitive series....most likely 4-2 spurs.....and I would have been thrilled if we pushed SA to a game 7....although insane and homicidal would have been the adjectives to describe if we lost a game 7 in the Finals.......

Detroit will be a great team again next year....but farther from their best.....and now the HEAT has seen the what is in it's way....and will adjust accordingly.

MikeO said:
Bill Lambier is a name that could pop up. He and Dumars are buddy's and Lambieer will get an NBA job this year whether in NY or somewhere else. Detroit is an option.

I think Joe D is too smart to hand a job to a guy whose sole coaching credentials are a couple years in the WNBA (league slogan: Hey, There's Nothing Else On!). That doesn't rule out Isiah Thomas doing that, though.

No, I'm almost certain it's Saunders (even money), Skiles (3-1 odds) or McMillan (5-1). I wouldn't mind if the Pistons hired Laimbeer as an assistant, but no way is he ready for a head job in the NBA.

phunwin said:
I think Joe D is too smart to hand a job to a guy whose sole coaching credentials are a couple years in the WNBA (league slogan: Hey, There's Nothing Else On!). That doesn't rule out Isiah Thomas doing that, though.

No, I'm almost certain it's Saunders (even money), Skiles (3-1 odds) or McMillan (5-1). I wouldn't mind if the Pistons hired Laimbeer as an assistant, but no way is he ready for a head job in the NBA.

God...I hope you get Saunders....and not Skiles or McMillan.....

Section126 said:
God...I hope you get Saunders....and not Skiles or McMillan.....

Why's that? I think they're all pretty good coaches.

phunwin said:
Why's that? I think they're all pretty good coaches.

I watch alot of NBA...and I used to watch the Wolves more than usual for some reason.....and that guy used to do some boneheaded things....

Section126 said:
Damon Jones will have a hard time living this one down.....

If there was one guy that was in charge of delivering the death blow to the Pistons...it was Damon.....we had a six point lead and took 3 trips down with it....and Damon touched all three times.....did he jack up a kill shot? To put us up 9? NO....you are right...this was a tough one for Damon Jones.

It's not as if Dooling helped the situation. At least D Jones could dribble the ball up the court without either taking a ridiculously unecessary shot, turning it over 50% of the time or running out of control.

Back
Top Bottom