why the MLB allstar game is a joke | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why the MLB allstar game is a joke

the all star game has never been about who has the best numbers. It's about who the fans want to see and who the fans want to represent their league.

culpepper2chambers said:
thats not better than lopez

BTW....as of today...

Jose Lopez.......OPS - 813 & EqA - 271
My 2B.............OPS - 817 & EqA - 270
Brian Roberts....OPS - 819 & EqA - 300

you could argue my player has had a better season than lopez thus far.....the others dont deserve to be in the same category of these 3.

How is this different from an all star game in any other sport? Some people are saying this is why I dont watch baseball etc, what's the difference. It is never the best player necessarily. It's the fans favorites.

Nappy Roots said:
BTW....as of today...

Jose Lopez.......OPS - 813 & EqA - 271
My 2B.............OPS - 817 & EqA - 270
Brian Roberts....OPS - 819 & EqA - 300

you could argue my player has had a better season than lopez thus far.....the others dont deserve to be in the same category of these 3.

:lol: is there a reason why you're not calling him Ty Wiggington?

Rocky Raccoon said:
:lol: is there a reason why you're not calling him Ty Wiggington?

:lol:

well in my original post i figured someone would ask "whos numbers are those"...but apparently no one cared, so i just kept going...:lol:

DonShula84 said:
How is this different from an all star game in any other sport? Some people are saying this is why I dont watch baseball etc, what's the difference. It is never the best player necessarily. It's the fans favorites.

Seriously, great point.

If the All-Star game is the reason you don't watch baseball, that's a pretty lame reason. I guess I missed when the NBA All-Star game and Pro Bowl transformed into high quality entertainment. Hell, you can't even blitz in the Pro Bowl, and no one plays any defense in the NBA All-Star game.

The All-Star games for every sport are a complete and utter joke, and using this logic, you mind as well not watch any sports.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Seriously, great point.

If the All-Star game is the reason you don't watch baseball, that's a pretty lame reason. I guess I missed when the NBA All-Star game and Pro Bowl transformed into high quality entertainment. Hell, you can't even blitz in the Pro Bowl, and no one plays any defense in the NBA All-Star game.

The All-Star games for every sport are a complete and utter joke, and using this logic, you mind as well not watch any sports.

agreed. atleast in baseball you get all aspects of the game into the all-star game....

FaninPatsyLand said:
Seriously, great point.

It's hard to "dumb down," the baseball all-star game like the others. I don't like that the winning side gets home-field advantage in the world series because that is a big advantage and having guys who aren't in the race and have no chance of being in the race potentially affect the outcome of the World Series is terrible. If everyteam still gets a player on the roster who goes for the Royals?

djfresh47 said:
It's hard to "dumb down," the baseball all-star game like the others. I don't like that the winning side gets home-field advantage in the world series because that is a big advantage and having guys who aren't in the race and have no chance of being in the race potentially affect the outcome of the World Series is terrible. If everyteam still gets a player on the roster who goes for the Royals?

my guess is elmer dessens.

the all-star game is a joke because there are always like 10 yankees or white sox players on the AL squad

I'm also pretty pissed that the NL batting avg leader (Nomar) was not selected as a reserve in the all-star game. Even though you have Pujos and others to play 1st base, Nomar is still a really popular player on a comeback and his killing with his bat

Back
Top Bottom