Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million

You say this as if no one runs the ball anymore. LOL

They do, but then why is 85% of win percentage in the league since 2004 predicted by passer rating differential.

You say "you say this as if no one runs the ball anymore" as if the above statistic doesn't exist. It does.

They do, but then why is 85% of win percentage in the league since 2004 predicted by passer rating differential.

You say "you say this as if no one runs the ball anymore" as if the above statistic doesn't exist. It does.

If you can't run the ball you're not winning ****. I don't care who your QB is. The run game helps the passing game and vice versa.

If you can't run the ball you're not winning ****. I don't care who your QB is. The run game helps the passing game and vice versa.

There are meager correlations between running and winning, and between running and passing. Those meager correlations refute the statements above.

Is Dan Marino's individual performance over the course of his career attributable to his own talent, or something else?

Is Dan Marino in the Hall of Fame because of what was going on around him, or because he was simply good in his own right?

That's what we're talking about here in the conversation you're responding to -- how QBs play individually.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Dan Marino was amazing but he doesn't put up all those numbers without players like Marks brothers, Dwight Stevenson, Webb, kuch, sims And many, many other talented offensive players contributing. He didn't just make them better, they made each other better. No qb ever has success individually. They all need help.

So how does Garrett have a better record than Kubiak?

Really? Seriously?

**** me for getting myself into this nonsense.

For those wondering why Roy's question was nonsense,

Kubiak was the HC for the '06 expansion team Houston Texans. Of course his W/L record is at a disadvantage when being compared to others.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Dan Marino was amazing but he doesn't put up all those numbers without players like Marks brothers, Dwight Stevenson, Webb, kuch, sims And many, many other talented offensive players contributing. He didn't just make them better, they made each other better. No qb ever has success individually. They all need help.

Once again, better QBs vary in their individual play at a level much higher than worse QBs. If surrounding talent drove the bus on QBs' individual play, that wouldn't be true.

Dan Marino's individual career performance was much better than Bob Griese's individual career performance, even though both QBs experienced lots of variation in their surrounding talent.

There is only one thing that can explain that -- Dan Marino was simply better -- individually -- than Bob Griese.

Last edited:

I don't buy into that crap. It has minimal value in football.

Especially with jibberish like this:

The runs come during the game, and the win comes at its conclusion. Therefore most fans and analysts assume the running causes the winning. The problem is, it usually doesn't. It's the winning that causes the running. Teams that are ahead, and likely to win, run the ball to take time off the clock and to minimize the risk of a turnover.

That is absolutely not true. That's an amateur mentality of football principles.

Last edited:
You're probably right, but couldn't that same argument be made after RG3's first year also? Remember, he galvanized a much less talented Redskins team than the Cowboy team with which Prescott had to work.

Only time will tell. But holding Dak up as a pantheon of QB'ing based on one year might just be a tad premature.

Advanced stats show statistically Dak had a much better rookie year. On tape Dak was more accurate (especially on intermediate routes, better command of the offense ( even though they didn't fully open up the playbook in the beginning) Dak has a much better understanding of coverages pre and post snap, pocket presence and movement within the pocket is much better by Dak.

Once again, better QBs vary at a level in their individual play at a level much higher than worse QBs. If surrounding talent drove the bus on QBs' individual play, that wouldn't be true.

Dan Marino's individual career performance was much better than Bob Griese's individual career performance, even though both QBs experienced lots of variation in their surrounding talent.

There is only one thing that can explain that -- Dan Marino was simply better -- individually -- than Bob Griese.

My guess is that you've never seen Griese play. If you did you'd know how great a qb he was, stats be damned. Anyway, Marino excelled at chucking the ball 50 times a game, which was necessary due to the defense and lack of a running game. Griese excelled at making the most of his chances to throw and being an important cog in a well oiled machine. To say either is individually better than another is a flawed argument. The circumstances were drastically different and each time as asked to do what the surrounding Talent dictated. Plus Bob has two rings, and according to many experts, that makes him the better qb.

My guess is that you've never seen Griese play. If you did you'd know how great a qb he was, stats be damned. Anyway, Marino excelled at chucking the ball 50 times a game, which was necessary due to the defense and lack of a running game. Griese excelled at making the most of his chances to throw and being an important cog in a well oiled machine. To say either is individually better than another is a flawed argument. The circumstances were drastically different and each time as asked to do what the surrounding Talent dictated. Plus Bob has two rings, and according to many experts, that makes him the better qb.

The only flaw is anyone who believes Griese is in the same stratosphere as Marino. Even if Griese had 4 Super Bowl rings it wouldn't change a thing.

The only flaw is anyone who believes Griese is in the same stratosphere as Marino. Even if Griese had 4 Super Bowl rings it wouldn't change a thing.

Hmmm. Are both in the hall of fame??? Yup I think that qualifies as being in the same "stratosphere." Don't you think???

Hmmm. Are both in the hall of fame??? Yup I think that qualifies as being in the same "stratosphere." Don't you think???
Nope just take a quick glance of the ppl in the HOF and you will understand there are players that are clearly better than other players even in the HOF. There are levels even among the elite.

Back
Top Bottom