Why this offseason is already a loss.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why this offseason is already a loss....

Originally posted by DeDolfan

But if Spielman is worried about sitting back and being shut out............................well, why didn't he work on brunell, or Ramsey, or Henson, you know, more viable solutions to out problems.

If I hear this one more time, I swear I'm going to roll down a flight of stairs.

1) Jacksonville was happy enough with Washington's offer (a higher 3rd round pick than we had) and apparently eager enough to keep Brunell out of the AFC that they effectively shut us out. We didn't even get the opportunity to talk with Brunell.

2) Ramsey WAS NOT AVAILABLE. How many times do you have to hear Gibbs and Snyder say it?

3) Henson is at least a year away from starting, and opinions on his prospects are more widely varied than Feeley's.

4) As for more viable solutions ... I'm all ears.

DeDolfan, Ramsey isn't available (at least not yet)...they already tried to get him and they said no...Brunell? Yeah, but not with a ridiculous contract like the Skins gave him. That's what we were up against, so we smartly backed out. Dan Snyder is an idiot. I do agree with you regarding Henson though. We should still go after Henson.

Mr. August might of been #2, however he didn't have as much experience as Feely.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

If I hear this one more time, I swear I'm going to roll down a flight of stairs.

1) Jacksonville was happy enough with Washington's offer (a higher 3rd round pick than we had) and apparently eager enough to keep Brunell out of the AFC that they effectively shut us out. We didn't even get the opportunity to talk with Brunell.

2) Ramsey WAS NOT AVAILABLE. How many times do you have to hear Gibbs and Snyder say it?

3) Henson is at least a year away from starting, and opinions on his prospects are more widely varied than Feeley's.

4) As for more viable solutions ... I'm all ears.

Oh lord, put the brakes on and don't roll down the stairs!! :lol:

1) If we were really serious, why didn't we offer next yr's #2 for Brunell instead? i don't think being in the aFC had much to do with it. They'll likely play ther Skins as often as us anyway, what, every 4 yrs? Point is, we made no attempt.

2) Yes, I know they SAID he's not available. Do you expect them to just come out and say come and get him? True, they are not desperate in wanting to trade him but by taking the "uninterested route" would likely make any interested team more desparate themselves during the 11th hour. Point is, we made no attempt, again.

3) Yes, Henson is a year away and is the whole reason for getting a future guy now. True, maybe more varied than Feeley. However, I don't think 6 games NFL experience is a whole lot to go on either. Point is, we made no attemp, AGAIN.

4) Get Feeley, OK. Just nix this deal and sign him to an offer sheet instead. Or sign Volek next week, or Anthony Wright or Jason garrett or even Neil O'Donnell. We have to make "viable" attempts and any of these would be more viable in that they wouldn't cost us any picks and in all likely hood, an overall less deal. The $$ is one thing but the pick/s are quite another.

Point is, we are STILL not making any attempts. of course, fA doesn't start til next week, so, stay tuned...............
:lol:

Originally posted by Dolfan954
DeDolfan, Ramsey isn't available (at least not yet)...they already tried to get him and they said no...Brunell? Yeah, but not with a ridiculous contract like the Skins gave him. That's what we were up against, so we smartly backed out. Dan Snyder is an idiot. I do agree with you regarding Henson though. We should still go after Henson.

However, just asking and hearing No, isn't all there is to it. Sometimes, a little perseverance can go along way. ;)

2) Yes, with Brunell's history of injury getting rid of ramsey doesn't make much sense. Unless you think Tim Hassleback is a good back up.

3) Henson is going back into the draft. Miami did make an attempt.

...2) Yes, I know they SAID he's not available. Do you expect them to just come out and say come and get him? True, they are not desperate in wanting to trade him but by taking the "uninterested route" would likely make any interested team more desparate themselves during the 11th hour. Point is, we made no attempt, again.:lol:
Okay, so what did you expect us to do? Bust into Dan Snyder's office Michael Corleone style and say, "I leave DC tomorrow...think of a price." :lol:

Seriously though, he won't be available until Ramsey and his agent raise more hell and make things uncomfortable in DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
2) Yes, with Brunell's history of injury getting rid of ramsey doesn't make much sense. Unless you think Tim Hassleback is a good back up.

3) Henson is going back into the draft. Miami did make an attempt.

Then that makes the Brunell deal even more stupid then.
i wasn't aware that we did any offer for henson. Heard som'n about Hou calling us and setting some kind of parameters or som'n. :confused:

However, just asking and hearing No, isn't all there is to it. Sometimes, a little perseverance can go along way. ;)
Yeah, we'll have to send Snyder a fish wrapped in newspaper. We'll make him an offer he won't refuse. ;)

i wasn't aware that we did any offer for henson. Heard som'n about Hou calling us and setting some kind of parameters or som'n. :confused:
You don't get much news up there in DE huh? :jk: It's cool. Yeah, we did make an offer, but GB and Buff are supposed to have the inside track on Henson from what I hear. That's not accetable. You do whatever it takes to get the kid. Could you imagine if he went to Buffalo and haunted us for the next 12+ years? :barf:

1) If we were really serious, why didn't we offer next yr's #2 for Brunell instead? i don't think being in the aFC had much to do with it. They'll likely play ther Skins as often as us anyway, what, every 4 yrs? Point is, we made no attempt....

Dude...next years number 2 pick is the same as this years #3. We would have had to up the offer to a #1 next year to beat the Skins this years early #3 that is equal to an early #2 next year.

The bottom line is that if we would have offered a next year #2 it would have still been LESS than what the skins offered.

Don't pretend like we made no attempt to get Brunell. That is untrue. You or I just don't know the exact details of that attempt.

We did, however...make a last ditch effort. If Brunell had not set his heart on being a Gibskin...then he would have been ours.

I do think the brunell deal was stupid. That is too much money to give a guy who will probably get hurt behind their HORRIBLE offensive line.

It really doesn't matter who makes an attempt to get Henson. He has to sign first and there is NO reason for him to sign unless he REALLY wants to be a bill or a dolphin or etc... Much more money if he re-enters the draft

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Dude...next years number 2 pick is the same as this years #3. We would have had to up the offer to a #1 next year to beat the Skins this years early #3 that is equal to an early #2 next year.

The bottom line is that if we would have offered a next year #2 it would have still been LESS than what the skins offered.

Don't pretend like we made no attempt to get Brunell. That is untrue. You or I just don't know the exact details of that attempt.

We did, however...make a last ditch effort. If Brunell had not set his heart on being a Gibskin...then he would have been ours.

Set on being a "Gibskin" ? :lol: I like that, but do you remeber all the hoopla when this all started about how the Fins were brunell's first choice and wanted to stay in Fla...........dude? ;)

Originally posted by Dolfan954
You don't get much news up there in DE huh? :jk: It's cool. Yeah, we did make an offer, but GB and Buff are supposed to have the inside track on Henson from what I hear. That's not accetable. You do whatever it takes to get the kid. Could you imagine if he went to Buffalo and haunted us for the next 12+ years? :barf:

We're actually lucky to get a half page of NFL news durinf the season let alone now !! :cry: Most of what I get is by what little time I spend on the keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom