Why trade down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why trade down?

I feel as long as we get atleast one impact player on the o-line we will be fine. We could get that player in the first or the third. If we were to tade down i would not mind doing so if we were to to get two second rd picks. Several teams hold two 2nd rd picks at this time. Dolfanreal69

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814

This seems like a good idea to me....trade down to grab Smiley (if Rick thinks we can get him late 1st) or Snee if Smileys gone, and use the extra pick on a lower-round DT (Lavalais from LSU? I'm not sure where he's rated in the draft though, he may not be projected as a mid-late rounder)

I agree. If Smiley lasts this long....however if a run on WRs start early....some early prospectives in other positions will fall.
Predicting the run on X position and taking advantage of it is key!!

The last couple of seasons the highest rated guards ahve almost all fallen out of the first round, will that continue this year? i have no clue, but it wouldn't suprise me if Smiley went at 20 or 35 or 40, depending on team needs and other players dropping.

Why trade down? Because in a deep draft like this you will be getting comparable talent in the top of the 2nd round. 2nd round picks are cheaper, and are under a lot less pressure to perform. PLus, you pick up additional picks in the process, and with more picks comes more chances for unearthing potential starters or contributers.

Why pay a guy "#20 money" when you can pay a guy just as good "#35 money"?

Of course, all that goes out the window if somebody you covet is in your draft spot, then you definately pull the trigger on that player.

Back
Top Bottom