Why was Garcia not better than Feeley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was Garcia not better than Feeley?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
This is what I mean folks. If we could have been patient, proven starters are being cut.

Garcia now. Maybe Warner later.

Garcia finished last year with an 80+ passer rating ahead of the likes of Ramsey, McNabb, Bledsoe.

He is a great example of a QB who would have been an upgrade to Fiedler.

We really jumped th gun on this AJ Waterboy move.

Accept it now people. We are being duped. When the season starts it will be Wanny and Jay again.

When the season ends, it will still be disappointing.

Maybe they knew the kind of money he would be asking for and it would be too much. I would much rather have Garcia with Rivers in the wings as opposed to the two F's.

Let's see...

Garcia is a 34 year old QB who was battling injuries all of last season. He faces several drunk driving charges. And his rating and completion percentage were nothing special considering he plays in a West Coast offense.

His backup, Tim Rattay, looked far more effective when he came in for an injured Garcia for three games last year.

All of that being said, I do not know if Garcia is a better QB prospect for the Miami Dolphins than Feeley, or worse.

Neither do you.

garcia is one hit away from ending his career .. he has disk problems in his back.. that to me is not a rick i would want to take.. i should know i have had 2 cervical spinal surgeries for disk related problems.. trust me.. i feel it everyday.. so in my opinion... garcia shouldn't be touched witha 10 ft pole.. stay away from him... not worth the money

I am not going to argue that Feeley is better than Garcia. But I have to ask you:

Would you rather have a good, albeit aging quarterback whose salary would dictate a patchwork offensive line?

OR

A serviceable quarterback tandem whose economical salary will allow for the signing of a solid offensive line?

I think for our team and our offense, the latter is a better option. It's not a slam dunk decision by any means, but neither is it a "dupe."

Doc I can make the easy argument that Garcia at $4-5mil plus Rivers at $1-2mil is equal to Feeley at $3Mil and Fiedler at $3mil.

I think this team is proving that all this cap BS is just that. If a team wants to make amove it can find the money through restructuring existing deals or cutting players.

This team could have really made a statement at QB and inspired the fan base. Instead it is mired in ambiguity.

Garcia injuries?? Maye a few but I think Jay is a walking rehab case. The guy has been hurt every year for the last four years. Twice causing him to miss preseaason and twice causing him to miss substantial parts fo the regular season.

Garcia is just the first out of the chute. What about Kitna?? He had a great year in Cinncy this year.

The point is, why Feeley??

There is no way we would get Garcia at $4-5 mill. He was due to make $9 mill with SF.

There's no guarantee Kitna will be moved. I would guess he WON'T be.

I know of at least press pundit whose opinion I generally respect who said at the time that if we couldn't get Brunell or Ramsey, Feeley was the next best option. I think he provides the right combination of developable talent and salary value to fill a role in an offensive system that requires a solid role player.

Do I think Spielman pulled the trigger a little too quickly on Feeley? Probably, yes. I think he was scared of waiting and not having control over who was available, thus inspiring the wrath of fans like ... well, like you ... who went crazy when we let Wayne Gandy (among others) go last year.

But if you are going to retain Jay anyway, how great was the risk?

I mean if we loose Feeley how hard is it really to replace him?

Because Garcia was scheduel to make $9mil this year doesn't mean anyone is going to pay him that. I think Garcia could be had. Jus tmy opinion.

PS
I haveheard plenty of pundits and coaches who are also baffled by the Feeley move.

I guess we will just see, because it is who we have now.

People complaint about Fiedler arm but wait until you see Garcia arm strength in action(talk about noodle arm).Now Warner is a different story and I wish the Dolphins would have been a little more patience.I could only imgaine how things will get ugly in this message board if A.J Feeley doesn't pan out and Fiedler end up starting.

Fiedler for year number 5?????

I twill be REAL ugly here. It will be like Olividattia's last year. Remember the banners at games etc.???

I have said for three years now, Wanny will live by Fiedler and die by Fiedler.

I agree that we jumped the gun. I wish we would have been a little more patient. Perhaps there were mitigating circumstances involved. We may never know. Still, things may have ended up the same.

But the "accept it now" "we're all being duped" "we will fail" stuff is really getting old and tired. You may end up being right in the end. But it's still tired.

And I'll never accept the fact that we're trading a potential 2nd round pick for the sake of "duping" the public. That's just silly. If anything, they simply overpaid.

IMO, I think they were banking on a trade for Jay (maybe even fooled into thinking one was close).....none materialized....and they jumped at the opportunity to get him back. I don't like the fact that he's not reducing his overall pay. But the restructure makes things more tolerable. Still, if he does indeed become the backup, I won't be too crazy about the pricetag. But from a pure player standpoint, I LOVE Jay coming off the bench.

I like Garcia. But I don't think he would have worked out here unless we were looking to draft a QB early (and likely looking at trading up).

Originally posted by fin-atic
This is what I mean folks. If we could have been patient, proven starters are being cut.

Garcia now. Maybe Warner later.

Garcia finished last year with an 80+ passer rating ahead of the likes of Ramsey, McNabb, Bledsoe.

He is a great example of a QB who would have been an upgrade to Fiedler.

We really jumped th gun on this AJ Waterboy move.

Accept it now people. We are being duped. When the season starts it will be Wanny and Jay again.

When the season ends, it will still be disappointing.

I guess you might as well go ahead and pack your bags for Fluffalo!?!?!....

QB J. Garcia is old, and he'll be twice as expensive as either Feeley or Fiedler. Sure, Garcia would have probably been an upgrade, but so can Feeley IMO. Just give him a chance Fin....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by Muck
But the "accept it now" "we're all being duped" "we will fail" stuff is really getting old and tired. You may end up being right in the end. But it's still tired.

I agree. I am actually getting tired of saying it. I just get tired of reading that this was a "great move" which is based on absolutely nothign factual.

I hope that Feeley is great. I hope I am wrong. I hope he does great things for Miami. I really really really do.

In a time when real chaneg was needed I don't get it.

So I am done with my duped comments and will lighten up a little. However I will continue my AJ Waterboy fun because I mean it fun and I am having a good laugh about it.

When they tee it up I will be 200% behind whoever is behind center.

I would feel "duped" if Miami signed Garcia. He is an aging quarterback who has gotten worse every year. He lost his job to Tim Rattay.

Back
Top Bottom