Why was Garcia not better than Feeley? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was Garcia not better than Feeley?

Fin, if I could hug you, I would.

That's a fantastic attitude to have. This could be a really fun season.

Again, I've NEVER said the Feeley move was a great one. It might turn out to be an effective one. Let's see how the next month goes.

Aging??? at 34 he is still very productive, and his numbers are better than Jay's. We just need one maybe two good years out of him.

He didn't get BEAT out by Rattay. He was a salary cap casuality. Rattay was productive and a lot cheaper.

SF tried to renegotiate a deal to keep him.

Remeber if we don't win this year, it's rebuilding time. Zach, Timbo, Seau, Knight, Madison, Chester, all of these guys are getting old and are on the backside of their peak. We need one year baby and Garcia could have done that and better than Fiedler or Feeley.

But liek I said it doesn't matter. We got what we got.

Know this much about the demise of the Garcia era in San Francisco: He could have remained with the 49ers had he cared to. San Francisco couldn't handle his $9 million base salary and his $12 million cap number this year, but the 49ers did offer him a $5 million salary and the chance to make another $1.5 million or so in incentives. Garcia almost certainly won't see that kind of money on the free-agent market, and he knows it.

Still, he walked away. After spending a lifetime wanting the chance to play for San Francisco, Garcia wanted nothing more than to become an ex-49er.

"They offered him pretty good money,'' Bob Garcia said. "But he told me, 'I don't care if I sign for a million somewhere. It's not the money.' He's made an awful lot of money in the past few years, and he didn't blow it. He put it away. He just really thought it was time to move on. He felt if he stayed with the 49ers next season he probably wouldn't make it through the season. He said, 'I want to go somewhere I'm happy and have the opportunity to play for a team that wants to win.' He told his agent, 'It's my happiness that matters. Not the money.'

Link

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Fin, if I could hug you, I would.

That's a fantastic attitude to have. This could be a really fun season.

Again, I've NEVER said the Feeley move was a great one. It might turn out to be an effective one. Let's see how the next month goes.

:hug:

Originally posted by lauderdale
Know this much about the demise of the Garcia era in San Francisco: He could have remained with the 49ers had he cared to. San Francisco couldn't handle his $9 million base salary and his $12 million cap number this year, but the 49ers did offer him a $5 million salary and the chance to make another $1.5 million or so in incentives. Garcia almost certainly won't see that kind of money on the free-agent market, and he knows it.

Still, he walked away. After spending a lifetime wanting the chance to play for San Francisco, Garcia wanted nothing more than to become an ex-49er.

"They offered him pretty good money,'' Bob Garcia said. "But he told me, 'I don't care if I sign for a million somewhere. It's not the money.' He's made an awful lot of money in the past few years, and he didn't blow it. He put it away. He just really thought it was time to move on. He felt if he stayed with the 49ers next season he probably wouldn't make it through the season. He said, 'I want to go somewhere I'm happy and have the opportunity to play for a team that wants to win.' He told his agent, 'It's my happiness that matters. Not the money.'

Link

The defense rests

He is old. He is injury proned. He is declining. He would be an ok back up.

PS
Fiedler is 33 and will be 34 this year.

He is injury prone

But has a less passer rating and has never even been invited to carry the bags of the palyers going to the Pro Bowl.

Jay isn't declinign because he never peaked.

AJ Waterboy? has done nothing. Zip, zero, zilch.

I would take Garcia as a back up for aj waterboy.

We also don't know how Garcia would do in not a west coast offense AND without a star wide reciever he can just throw the ball to.

My #1 choice going into the offseason was Garcia as a starter, Sage #2 and Rivers at #3. But if the front office believes that Feeley can be the future then Garcia doesn't make much sense.

Isn't Garcia like 96 years old??

I wouldn't mind having him here as a backup. He's still pretty good, sometimes. But there's no future there with Garcia.

Garcia will not make it through the season with that back.
Go Feeley

Originally posted by fin-atic
Aging??? at 34 he is still very productive, and his numbers are better than Jay's. We just need one maybe two good years out of him.

He didn't get BEAT out by Rattay. He was a salary cap casuality. Rattay was productive and a lot cheaper.

Perfectly stated Fin.
It cracks me up that post after post are calling Garcia "aging...over the hill...washed up...past his prime.."
If that makes you feel better about the obvious fact that Miami jumped the gun and now can't really pursue him, then go ahead and kid yourselves.
And who wants to catch Osama Bin Landen anyway? Go ahead and hide from us. We didn't want you anyway? So there!
The truth is we jumped the gun. Garcia is in great physical shape, he is a playmaker, he's smart, and he's dying to prove something. And we should have waited it out.
Comfort yourself if you must by convincing yourself that he is "old", but please, don't try to convince us who saw Garcia pass for six TD's or something crazy like that in the final game last year. He just wasn't looking so darn old.

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
garcia is one hit away from ending his career .. he has disk problems in his back.. that to me is not a rick i would want to take.. i should know i have had 2 cervical spinal surgeries for disk related problems.. trust me.. i feel it everyday.. so in my opinion... garcia shouldn't be touched witha 10 ft pole.. stay away from him... not worth the money

and he is a drunk about to be going to court.........if not already. sure sign that things are not good. we did the right thing. we need OL bad and a second WR. once we nail that, you can look for bargains later after june 1. and no griese please!

Back
Top Bottom