Why We Traded the 4th? The Reason Is Inside... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why We Traded the 4th? The Reason Is Inside...

Phinzone said:
dude, our OL is hurting at TACKLE, not guard at this point. We have Mckinney and St. Clair, both of which should be very talented INTERIOR linemen.

Carey won't be used at tackle, he'll be used at guard. A guard in any draft is a first round pick. We could have gotten grove or smiley in the 2nd, AND picked up picks. Both are comprable interior linemen that could start at guard right away. Guard isn't a high skill position, it's easily filled. THis is a REACH.

Who cares if NE gets him? Then we get Wilfork, just how long do you think D-bo will last? Better to take the BPA, than to reach for a player.

We're not pissed because we "got our guy". We're pissed because we traded up, and they LIED to us. Look it up "miami will take the best player avaialable when it's our time to pick". What abour Carey screams BPA? Hint...it WASN"T HIM. They reached to fill a hole that they created, we have oung potential guards,a nd people to fill in as interior linemen, yet we're still lacking in a respectable tackle until McIntosh gets better. And the FO did what to solve this?

How do you know he won't be used at tackle?

LIQUID24 said:
Not if we traded down.

So what picks are you saying we could have gotten if they traded down? And how do you know Rick didn't try and trade down?

Oliver...

You guys are all cracking me up! I wasn't real happy that we traded out of the fourth to get Carey, but really, what do I know? I sit here and read stories and opinions on the net. The FO, scouts, etc., go out and interview people, perform background checks, perform physical checks, have doctors that do medical checks, put the players through mental tests, etc. How can us fans actually believe that we are a better judge of talent than the professionals whose careers depend upon their performance?!

Some people are upset/offended that the FO "lied" to us. Would we feel better if they had published their scouting reports on all the players, where they were ranked on our board, and where we intended to pick them if they were available? People, come on, it's a game and there is no better place in the NFL for gamesmanship than in the draft! Stop the whining and lets just see how it all plays out...

Scouts Inc on ESPN Insider said the Fins panicked and gave away a 4th rounder. The Vikes were going to pick Udeze anyway.
I think maybe Spielman's a little too quick to pull the trigger. His inexperience has shown in the draft and in the Feely trade.

I heard Carey's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. I bet it was drew pertending to be BB. :D

Justasportsfan said:
I heard Carey's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. I bet it was drew pertending to be BB. :D

Heh be nice or we will get into buffalo picking up 'yatil green' and what they gave up for Losman to sit on the bench :tongue:

GreenFin said:
Scouts Inc on ESPN Insider said the Fins panicked and gave away a 4th rounder. The Vikes were going to pick Udeze anyway.
I think maybe Spielman's a little too quick to pull the trigger. His inexperience has shown in the draft and in the Feely trade.

Well then it has to be true. We may as well not even sign Carey, ane we need to workout a trade to get rid of Carey right away.

Aren't those the same ppl that said Leaf was a sure fire pro-bowl QB?

Oliver...

VanDolPhan said:
Heh be nice or we will get into buffalo picking up 'yatil green' and what they gave up for Losman to sit on the bench :tongue:
have a sense of humor .

Will get our 1st pick back when we trade Henry next year :D

Justasportsfan said:
have a sense of humor .

Heh I thought I was having a sense of humor hence the tongue smiley :roflmao:

You won't get a 1st for Henry either. That's wishful thinking.

VanDolPhan said:
Heh I thought I was having a sense of humor hence the tongue smiley :roflmao:

You won't get a 1st for Henry either. That's wishful thinking.
a 2nd? we'll throw in Drew.

Justasportsfan said:
have a sense of humor .

a 1st round for Henry? :lol:
you are dreaming

I think you guys will be able to get a 2nd for him at most. But teams will probably just wait until you cut him.

"Let them have Carey. We could've traded down and gotten Smiley.

All I know is Carey has HIGH expectations in my book"

thats what im talking about....

Prime Time said:
Then what? We would be stuck a crappy Line again. You saw what happened to RW and our team last year without a line.

even with Carey we are not gauranteed a Superb O-Line. :rolleyes:

But we have a better offensive line for sure with Carey. When we get healthy this will be our line most likely.

Smith-James-McKinney-Carey-McIntosh

Looks pretty solid to me.

I just wish I knew why exactly we needed to trade just one spot up? Did we really need to? Wouldn't he have been there at 20? the Viking weren't going after Vernan Cary. It just seems silly that we needed to give up our 4th round pick just move up one spot.

Back
Top Bottom