Why We Traded the 4th? The Reason Is Inside... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why We Traded the 4th? The Reason Is Inside...

The press conference transcript has been published. Minnesota had actually contacted Carey, checking to make certain his phone # was correct. Also, two other teams, both of which had need of a tackle, were on the phone with the Vikings. Evidently, we made the trade so as not to get jumped.

I have a wait and see approach here. This could turn out to be a good pick. I think we were banking on Andrews and when Philly went in and swooped him up, he just went to the next available olinemen. Good player, maybe a bit of a reach but, we needed help badly on the o-line, still do.

It appears we could not have traded down....several other teams wanted to trade down as well...besides, OL has been our priority since Boston got signed. Carey was the next best tackle available...and finzone...he more than likely will be used at tackle, according to several sources on QAM....He played very well at tackle and spent months trying to get over a high ankle sprain last year....I would not have been dissapointed if they had gone with DT, but I didn't think Wilfork was better as DT as Carey was OL.

You know, I have to say I'm impressed so far with what we've done in a effort to upgrade the most glaring weakness on the team. I think everybody agrees that the line was pathetic last year. The players were either stiff (Wade), old and beat up (Nails, Ruddy and Perry) or inexperienced (Smith). This year we will be young, agressive and athletic. We now get to see just how good a coach Tony Wise is.

While we may see a few sacks and a few TFLs on Ricky due to blown assignmnets, I think we'll see a great deal more huge holes than what we've become accustomed to.

ohall said:
Well then it has to be true. We may as well not even sign Carey, ane we need to workout a trade to get rid of Carey right away.

Aren't those the same ppl that said Leaf was a sure fire pro-bowl QB?

Oliver...

I'm not dissing the player (as you can see from my Avatar) I'm just pissed at what they did to get him. So just chill with the sarcasm Oliver..

GreenFin said:
I'm not dissing the player (as you can see from my Avatar) I'm just pissed at what they did to get him. So just chill with the sarcasm Oliver..

Or else what?

It was an excellent pick. What we need was a gaurd and what we got was the Best Gaurd in the Draft. Yes he wasnt rated in the top 20 of the draft,but he would have been taken By NE

Could we have done better, probably...

Did we do ok, YES...

I am looking to change my sig, and the future looks bright... :)

Chubby said:
It was an excellent pick. What we need was a gaurd and what we got was the Best Gaurd in the Draft. Yes he wasnt rated in the top 20 of the draft,but he would have been taken By NE

6'5" 335. looks like he could play tackle and Gaurd. i heard he backed up Mckinney at LT. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom