Why won't tannehill throw deep? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won't tannehill throw deep?

HaHaHaHaHa...haven't you read? He can't throw a deep ball! In fact he can't throw short balls, he can't read defenses, he can't look off defenders, he isn't smart enough to audible, has terrible pocket presence, doesn't know when to run, doesn't know when not to run, always throws short of the sticks on 3rd down, doesn't have IT, shows no emotion, doesn't help when it's crunch time, only makes plays during garbage time, cares more about his own passing stats then trying to win, not a leader of men, and that's half of it!

:lol:

I think you missed a few things but besides that you're pretty spot on!

I think some people don't understand what an audible is...

RT to Landry, go deep,

run a 9 route Parker,

Lamar run a curl

This is not rocket science, pass plays are pass plays.

:lol2:

Jesus, Madden is just killing football fans.....

Hypothetical?

What?

the TD pass IMMEDIATELY followed the interception, this is my point.

Nothing hypothetical about that, no INT, then they have to drive the whole length of the field to score

you know what that means right?

They have to do what to RT is next to impossible...

actually convert some 3rd downs

You started throwing out if's. If we were behind we would have made that pass later in the game. How many forty yard passes did we attempt after the TD pass? Campbell chose to sit on the lead and play smash mouth.

Play calling, time to throw, seperation

There's a lot of factors but you did name three which is good. However we do need to acknowledge that our QB has vision problems on the few occasions when the stars line up for him to have time to throw,

Why won't tannehill throw deep?

cane-2-man-cane-on-the-left.png

There's a lot of factors but you did name three which is good. However we do need to acknowledge that our QB has vision problems on the few occasions when the stars line up for him to have time to throw,

So he misses the same number of chances as any other QB. The problem is that those are his only 3 for the game. Other QBs get a dozen or more.

Can you imagine anything more difficult than trusting this OL? Wouldn't you be looking for the quick throw?

A self portrait. That explains a lot.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

And yet give Brady the collection of receivers Tannehill has had any year but his rookie year and he would be even better.

Well there is an interesting way to condemn a career..... he isn't Tom Brady..... :bobdole:

Can you imagine anything more difficult than trusting this OL? Wouldn't you be looking for the quick throw?

Its hilarious to see a week after a firing the Tannehill backers go from saying Lazor was a scapegoat to now saying that his offensive philosophy made sense considering this roster.

I would have loved to see Lazor run the ball more and throw less screens, but I also feel that largely as maddening as his offensive philosophy could be, it was also one that made sense considering the limitations of this team's line and QB.

I believe he ranks among the top of the league in 40+ yard passes. Yes yac is involved as it is with all QB's but it is clear his actual deep ball is of no concern anymore and he should be given the opportunity to throw it more when applicable because it is a valuable asset to the offense. I'm not sure what his % is on deep pass attempts is but it probably is very good.

A self portrait. That explains a lot.

I hurt your feelings. I sowwy.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Thanks bud but I wasn't comparing Brady to Tannehill, more trying to point out that he's not the benefactor of some all-world supporting cast.

I think you misread what I was saying with that graphic. I was saying that RT has bad field vision.

I believe he ranks among the top of the league in 40+ yard passes. Yes yac is involved as it is with all QB's but it is clear his actual deep ball is of no concern anymore and he should be given the opportunity to throw it more when applicable because it is a valuable asset to the offense. I'm not sure what his % is on deep pass attempts is but it probably is very good.

Its gotten better but while I'm sure his deep completion rate this year would stack up pretty well, that doesn't make him one of the better deep throwers in the league. The good deep throwers in this league are the guys who can try it multiple times a game and know that they will hit it regularly enough to make it worthwhile even if 80 percent of those are incomplete.

Fix the O-line and I promise you, this team gets 25% better. That 25% is worth at least 2 more wins putting us in playoff contention.

A number of reasons... OL doesn't allow him enough time; he probably isn't confident the WR can make the catch unless it's a perfect throw; he isn't confident he can make that perfect throw without overthrowing or under throwing it; we don't call a lot of deep passes-probably for the reasons above

Back
Top Bottom