Why would we not want Warner over Brunell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would we not want Warner over Brunell?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Okay let's put aside the fact that Warner is a religious freak and his wife needs to be bound and gagged. Aside from those two reasons why would we not make a push for Warner over Brunell? Let's see he's been NFL MVP and Superbowl starter twice in the last 4 years. He hurt his thumb but it's pretty obvious that the Rams pulled Warner in favor of Bulger (who are about the same skill wise) due to his fanatical religious style and his wife's crazy antics over St. Louis local radio shows. Brunell is not the guy he used to be. He hates competition, and his skills are on the decline. Warner's thumb is fixed and he's ready to shut the hell up and play some football.

Warner will not be cut; and Brunell will

What!? Warner is system QB. He's a product of a system that we could never match, and few teams in history COULD match. The man is done, a failure, washed up. He was never as good as he looked, either.

Warner is a goddamned idiot, also. An arrogant, holier then thou moron who needs to shut up, and then shut up his slimy harpy of a wife.

Brunell is not a product. Kurt Warner is. I'd rather we promote any QB on our roster then Warner at this point.

The question with both Warner and Brunnell is the same. How much do they have left? Beyond that the only advantage Brunnell has is mobility.

Brunell is also an extremely religious person. He built a church in Jacksonville for his congregation.

What makes you think Brunell's skills are on the decline but Warner's aren't?

In Brunell's last full season (2002) he threw 17 TD's and only 7 INT's. He only had one season in his career with a better percentage than that. Brunell was sent to the bench because of a minor injury and the desire for the Jags to get Leftwich playing time. Brunell's QB rating continues to hover between 80 and 90, like it has for his entire career.

Warner on the other hand is definitely in the decline stage. He came off a serious injury this past season (the hand) to enter into another serious injury scenario (concussions). His passer rating has dwindled from over 100 to the 70 area.

Couple that with the baggage he brings with Good Ol' Brenda and the public whining when things don't go his way and I will gladly take Brunell over Warner.

both are over 30 (Brunell is 34 and Warner is 32 i believe)... there is no guarantee our line will be markedly better than last years version at this point. so a QB with some mobility makes sense. i dont think either is "the answer." but i do think Brunell has more ability to make something out of broken plays than Warner, and does not have the baggage (wife) that would come with Warner.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
What!? Warner is system QB. He's a product of a system that we could never match, and few teams in history COULD match. The man is done, a failure, washed up. He was never as good as he looked, either.

Warner is a goddamned idiot, also. An arrogant, holier then thou moron who needs to shut up, and then shut up his slimy harpy of a wife.

Brunell is not a product. Kurt Warner is. I'd rather we promote any QB on our roster then Warner at this point.

Where do you get off saying Warner is a system QB? Based on what? The fact that he's not doing well now? And the fact that he was surrounded by talent?

Warner was NOT a system QB. in his hayday, he made GREAT reads, was VERY accurate, had had hella zip on his ball. No system that EVER threw 60+ times a game made a QB. You may not like Warner, but if you are a true football fan, you have to give him credit. To say he is a sytem QB, is to overlook how dominating he was those few years. At the time, the only comprable person was Favre, Warner threw harder, faster, and made better reads than anyone in the NFL. Warner MADE STL what is was. Charimsa, Leadership, and great throwing ability is what he had, and it showed. The ONLY reason he isn't still tearing it up today is

1. He got in the game late. Many people think that since he was a flash in the pan, he was a system QB. Wrong, how old was he when he got in the NFL? Now couple that with a devastating thumb injury and you have your answer. Warner didn't fail as a QB, his body failed him due to getting in the game late, and injuries.

2. Martz. See how Bulger flopped? Now, consider this, Bulger got a MUCHmore balanced attack when he was playing than Warner did. When Warner was in there, he was expected to throw 50+ times per game, with no running attack. That is too much to ask for ANY QB in the history of the NFL.

I don't want him here, as i feel he is on the downward slope. But I'll give him credit, for those few years, he was the best in the NFL, and that's saying something.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Where do you get off saying Warner is a system QB? Based on what? The fact that he's not doing well now? And the fact that he was surrounded by talent?

Warner was NOT a system QB. in his hayday, he made GREAT reads, was VERY accurate, had had hella zip on his ball. No system that EVER threw 60+ times a game made a QB. You may not like Warner, but if you are a true football fan, you have to give him credit. To say he is a sytem QB, is to overlook how dominating he was those few years. At the time, the only comprable person was Favre, Warner threw harder, faster, and made better reads than anyone in the NFL. Warner MADE STL what is was. Charimsa, Leadership, and great throwing ability is what he had, and it showed. The ONLY reason he isn't still tearing it up today is

1. He got in the game late. Many people think that since he was a flash in the pan, he was a system QB. Wrong, how old was he when he got in the NFL? Now couple that with a devastating thumb injury and you have your answer. Warner didn't fail as a QB, his body failed him due to getting in the game late, and injuries.

2. Martz. See how Bulger flopped? Now, consider this, Bulger got a MUCHmore balanced attack when he was playing than Warner did. When Warner was in there, he was expected to throw 50+ times per game, with no running attack. That is too much to ask for ANY QB in the history of the NFL.

I don't want him here, as i feel he is on the downward slope. But I'll give him credit, for those few years, he was the best in the NFL, and that's saying something.

I couldn't agree more...

Warner S*cks!!! Until we get a Offensive line that can block, Warner wouldn't stand a chance!!! This is dumb. What is Warners QB rating over the last 10-15 games?? Does anybody know?? He sucks, and he's a whiner. He had (2) good seasons, and now he is back to reality. He should go back to the Arena Football League.

Originally posted by Graythreat

I give him credit that he won a Sper Bowl and made an appearance in another, but Warner is done. Those little 5 yard slant passes that turn into 25+ yard gains obviously don't work any more. Defending Warner is easy. All you have to do his hit him early, knock him on his a**. Then he'll get nervous and start throwing balls away that sometimes turn into picks to avoid getting hit. He's not worth a roster spot on the Dolphins, ESPECIALLY with that pathetic pass/run blocking line that we currently have.

Aren't you guys sick of talking about getting these weak 2nd tier players?? I am!! I'm tired of the all of the talk about the following players that play or could play for our team:

JAMES MCKNIGHT, DERRIUS THOMPSON, MARVIN MINNIS, BRIAN GRIESE, Joey Galloway, Antonio Freeman, CLINT STOENER, JAY FIEDLER, Kurt Warner......I could go on and on. Bottom line, stop wasting money on people that don't contribute consistently, it's dumb.

There shouldn't even be a discussion going on about 2nd tier players.The guy asked why we wouldn't push for Warner, and the answer is obvious in two ways. Most importantly, the Rams have already stated that Warner is going no where. And second, how the hell would Kurt Warner be productive on our O-line? You think the OL is going to be THAT much better with other needs? I don't. Warner's a stiff and a system QB.

No running attack? I remember Marshal Faulk lighting up the scoreboards like a glowbug on Ecstacy.

Back
Top Bottom