Why would we not want Warner over Brunell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would we not want Warner over Brunell?

Even if Warner is cut (which he won't be), there is no way in hell that I would ever want him. He is just done. I think Brunell is done too but Warner is more done (if that makes any sense).

Because Warner is a head case, he's injury prone, he throws interceptions like they're going out of style, his wife is a man, he's a statue, he hasn't won a game in two years, and did I mention he's a total head case? Besides, Warner absolutely will not be released since the Rams would be on the hook almost $11 million in dead money this year; not a number they can just afford to have sitting around with no one occupying it.

P.S. One more reason: WARNER SUCKS!

Originally posted by chambers84

I give him credit that he won a Sper Bowl and made an appearance in another, but Warner is done. Those little 5 yard slant passes that turn into 25+ yard gains obviously don't work any more. Defending Warner is easy. All you have to do his hit him early, knock him on his a**. Then he'll get nervous and start throwing balls away that sometimes turn into picks to avoid getting hit. He's not worth a roster spot on the Dolphins, ESPECIALLY with that pathetic pass/run blocking line that we currently have.

Aren't you guys sick of talking about getting these weak 2nd tier players?? I am!! I'm tired of the all of the talk about the following players that play or could play for our team:

JAMES MCKNIGHT, DERRIUS THOMPSON, MARVIN MINNIS, BRIAN GRIESE, Joey Galloway, Antonio Freeman, CLINT STOENER, JAY FIEDLER, Kurt Warner......I could go on and on. Bottom line, stop wasting money on people that don't contribute consistently, it's dumb.

You'll find no argument here, I think his NFL career is over. There's alwas the chance that he could ressurect his career somewhere downt he road, but I really don't see it. The point I was trying to get across was that he WAS a great QB, not just a system QB. I don't want him here either, but for those few short years, he was better than any QB in the NFL.

Warner is 0-8 over his last eight starts for 5 td's and 15 int's i think I would rather have fiedler than Warner. Oops forgot to mention his 4 fumble game.

yea, Warners got nuttin left....i'd rather stick with Griese than sign an expensive has-been like Warner. He was really good 4 awhile though.

Week 1: St. Louis vs. Giants

Warner 54 throws

Rushes: team 13 (1 by Warner)

------------------------------------------------------------
Week 2: Stl vs. San Fran

Bulger 36 throws
Team rushing 24
---------------------------------------------------------
Week 3: Stl vs. Seahawks

Bulger-34 throws
Rushes- 28 by team 3 alone by Bulger
Week 4 Stl vs. Arz

Bulger 42 throws
Team Rushes: 40 (4 by Bulger)
-----------------------------------------------

Keep looking back in history, and you'll see the same stats jump out at you. Did they have a top tier RB? Yes, of course they did, but when Warner was in, they leaned WAY too hard on Warner. 54 passes to 13 rushes? That's rediculous! When Bulger got in, they ran a balanced play system, rather than straight up passing when Warner was in. That's the difference.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Week 1: St. Louis vs. Giants

Warner 54 throws

Rushes: team 13 (1 by Warner)

------------------------------------------------------------
Week 2: Stl vs. San Fran

Bulger 36 throws
Team rushing 24
Week 3: Stl vs. Seahawks

Bulger-34 throws
Rushes- 28 by team 3 alone by Bulger
Week 4 Stl vs. Arz

Bulger 42 throws
Team Rushes: 40 (4 by Bulger)
-----------------------------------------------

Keep looking back in history, and you'll see the same stats jump out at you. Did they have a top tier RB? Yes, of course they did, but when Warner was in, they leaned WAY too hard on Warner. 54 passes to 13 rushes? That's rediculous! When Bulger got in, they ran a balanced play system, rather than straight up passing when Warner was in. That's the difference.

Of course they did. You obviously throw the ball alot more when you are behind. If your down by 10 14 21 points you have to air it out.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Okay let's put aside the fact that Warner is a religious freak and his wife needs to be bound and gagged. Aside from those two reasons why would we not make a push for Warner over Brunell? Let's see he's been NFL MVP and Superbowl starter twice in the last 4 years. He hurt his thumb but it's pretty obvious that the Rams pulled Warner in favor of Bulger (who are about the same skill wise) due to his fanatical religious style and his wife's crazy antics over St. Louis local radio shows. Brunell is not the guy he used to be. He hates competition, and his skills are on the decline. Warner's thumb is fixed and he's ready to shut the hell up and play some football.

I could see Brunell, but for the right price. I don't think the Dolphins should break the bank, or mortagage the future for any of the FA QB's that are going to be available. Well outside of Manning, but I think we all know the Colts will sign him no matter what.

Oliver...

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Of course they did. You obviously throw the ball alot more when you are behind. If your down by 10 14 21 points you have to air it out.

dude, that's a stupid post. 54-12 rushing ratio. "you air it out when your behind" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by chambers84

I give him credit that he won a Sper Bowl and made an appearance in another, but Warner is done. Those little 5 yard slant passes that turn into 25+ yard gains obviously don't work any more. Defending Warner is easy. All you have to do his hit him early, knock him on his a**. Then he'll get nervous and start throwing balls away that sometimes turn into picks to avoid getting hit. He's not worth a roster spot on the Dolphins, ESPECIALLY with that pathetic pass/run blocking line that we currently have.

Aren't you guys sick of talking about getting these weak 2nd tier players?? I am!! I'm tired of the all of the talk about the following players that play or could play for our team:

JAMES MCKNIGHT, DERRIUS THOMPSON, MARVIN MINNIS, BRIAN GRIESE, Joey Galloway, Antonio Freeman, CLINT STOENER, JAY FIEDLER, Kurt Warner......I could go on and on. Bottom line, stop wasting money on people that don't contribute consistently, it's dumb.
Considering the team that won the Super Bowl is made up of mostly second tier role players I would have to say that your thinking is flawed....We may not have picked up the right second tier players but, it's been proven soundly that that is a cap effective way to build a team......you MUST find second tier players to fill the void between your superstars and your scrubs....it's a fact of NFL life.

Wow you don't know a damn about signing players. How do you say Clint Stoerner is wasting money? First of all it's a contract with almost no signing bonus, second it's a small contract just for a possible 3rd QB. I love you fans that come and say let's get T.O., let's get Pace, omg since we are not in a great cap situation we will have to settle for second tier Walter Jones! :lol:

Originally posted by Graythreat

dude, that's a stupid post. 54-12 rushing ratio. "you air it out when your behind" :rolleyes:

OK your right were arent used to that here cause we dont have an adequate passing game but when you have Tori Holt and company you air it out when you are behind. Sorry I play college football and watch alot when im not playing you must not.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

OK your right were arent used to that here cause we dont have an adequate passing game but when you have Tori Holt and company you air it out when you are behind. Sorry I play college football and watch alot when im not playing you must not.

54 passes to 9 rushes is not indicitive of "airing it out when your behind". It's indicitive of throing first, running never.

Ever heard of keeping a team honest? When's the last time you saw a team throw 54 timses? Tell me, how many teams are successful with a 5-1 pass to run ratio? It's stupid to think that that's a normal system. Where have you been the last 3 years? Remember a certain florida coach that did nothing but pass in college, then tried to make a transition to the NFL with the same Pass first philisophy? Hint, he was coach of the Redskins, and is now unemployed.

If your school likes to pass 54 times, and run 12 times, so be it. As long as you realize EVERY NFL analyst, coach, player, historian, heck even cheerleader will tell you that you NEED a balanced attack to win in the NFL. THey DID have a balanced attack, and Warner shined, then they took your D-3 college approach of throwing 54 times when down by a TD at the end of the first quarter and he flopped. ANY QB would have flopped under those conditions.

Originally posted by Jaj
Wow you don't know a damn about signing players. How do you say Clint Stoerner is wasting money? First of all it's a contract with almost no signing bonus, second it's a small contract just for a possible 3rd QB. I love you fans that come and say let's get T.O., let's get Pace, omg since we are not in a great cap situation we will have to settle for second tier Walter Jones! :lol:

1st off, yes it is a waste. Clint Stoener sucks. Does he have a chance at playing for us ever?? No he doesn't. Lets get real here. Josh Heupel did have a chance and that's why we drafted him, but it didn't work out. We are better off drafting a QB in the 6th or 7th round than we are with Clint Stoener. 2nd off don't tell me what I know and don't know, especially when it comes to signing players. Bottom line Stoener isn't worth ANY contract in the NFL. So get a clue.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Considering the team that won the Super Bowl is made up of mostly second tier role players I would have to say that your thinking is flawed....We may not have picked up the right second tier players but, it's been proven soundly that that is a cap effective way to build a team......you MUST find second tier players to fill the void between your superstars and your scrubs....it's a fact of NFL life.

Problem is, we aren't finding to "right" 2nd tier players, so until we do, my thinking isn't flawed it is a reality and we have proven it the last 2 years. NEXT

Back
Top Bottom