Why would we not want Warner over Brunell? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would we not want Warner over Brunell?

Who the hell cares. You still don't get it. We cut him, no cap hit. There ok!

So in otherwords it is a waste of time?? I do get it, it's just stupid to even sign him to anything, it's a waste. Jaj, you have a better shot at QB than Stoener does and that's the truth. But your right who the hell cares, it's kinda dumb that i am arguing with you about Clint Stoener!! It's all good!

I can't see how. You just get him to basically compete with you in TC. What else is the FO going to do? They're bored out of their wits right now probably. If you think about it they aren't doing that much until then.

I guess because he was on and off the practice squad last year for a 1-2 week period, so why not give someone else a shot??

They will probably. It's not hard, it's a contract you make the team you get about 400k, you don't you get nothing, or is it some salary that's not on the cap, all I remember is that it's not dead cap.

Originally posted by chambers84
So in otherwords it is a waste of time?? I do get it, it's just stupid to even sign him to anything, it's a waste. Jaj, you have a better shot at QB than Stoener does and that's the truth. But your right who the hell cares, it's kinda dumb that i am arguing with you about Clint Stoener!! It's all good!

Well apparently Rick Spielman thought there was some reason to sign him, since he did it. While he certainly knows more than any us about who we should or shouldn't, can or cannot, sign, I guess that doesn't mean we all can't have some fun second guessing him. :)

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
both are over 30 (Brunell is 34 and Warner is 32 i believe)... there is no guarantee our line will be markedly better than last years version at this point. so a QB with some mobility makes sense. i dont think either is "the answer." but i do think Brunell has more ability to make something out of broken plays than Warner, and does not have the baggage (wife) that would come with Warner.

Warner was born 6/22/71 making him 32. Brunell is nine months older, born 9/17/70, making him 33.

I agree about Brunell's mobility making him a better choice with our OL, everything else being equal, which it is not. Warner has also had concussions, and once you have one, they seem to happen again more readily.

So many seem to think Brunell is some broken down hasbeen, when his stats have not supported this assumption at all.
As far as I am concerned he is a decided upgrade over Fielder and a QB that we can win the Super Bowl with.

Originally posted by chambers84

Problem is, we aren't finding to "right" 2nd tier players, so until we do, my thinking isn't flawed it is a reality and we have proven it the last 2 years. NEXT
:lol:

Point: Hi, chambers84.

chambers84: Hi, point....where have you been?...I missed you.

Back
Top Bottom